Grant Birchall returns after 2 years out...

I think Groont is a good chance to get back.
1559169395450.png

Going from another thread: is Grunt Bouchard right to recover and play a game?

I think Groont is a good chance to get back.
Mind you, Barchesklo has to get his knee right.

I think Giant Birchtree is a good chance.

Tee hee hee.

Wishing Glunt all the best

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
You literally stated "it's over" You didn't say "in my opinion it's over" you simply stated the actual fact that it is over. I brought you out of ignore for this, because it was genuinely one of the funniest things I have read on here. I laughed and laughed and showed my kids. They laughed and laughed as well, and we all sat around laughing.

Look I get it, you're not very bright, you might even have an analyst. (which you should change btw, they aren't working out.) But you can't just step into the ring swinging before the ref has read the rules to you and put your gloves on. Use what you have, don't get into arguments with people you ca.... just don't get into arguments. Try some chamomile tea, and get someone to read this to you.
He is talking so it is obviously his opinion. If we need to say ''ín my opinion'' every time we have an opinion, then your post should say ''in my opinion you're not very bright'', ''in my opinion it was genuinely one of the funniest things...".
By the way, in my opinion your post is poor form. This is not the Bay.

I could post something I had read on the clubs website without mentioning I had read the article, I could convey the message as fact in how I word the post without linking to the article

I could read something a random posted on twitter, I could convey the message as fact in how I word the post without linking the tweet

I could have a dream, I could convey the dream as fact in how I word the post without linking the tweet

In all of the above I could also say, read on the clubs website, some guy on twitter said this, I had a dream about

How you word something can look like a statement when it is an opinion and vice versa

We should probably move on from this argument though

He is talking so it is obviously his opinion. If we need to say ''ín my opinion'' every time we have an opinion, then your post should say ''in my opinion you're not very bright'', ''in my opinion it was genuinely one of the funniest things...".
By the way, in my opinion your post is poor form. This is not the Bay.
GENIUS!!!! Now we have the issue of how to state a fact. Wait wouldn't we just say "It's over"? Oh wait, that's exactly what he did. btw the wayif you want to know how to tell the difference betwen a person stating a fact... "It's over" compared to an opinion "I think it's over" is how it's done.

I genuinely Lolled at "He is talking so it's obviously his opinion" Brilliant stuff. Keep it up.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
GENIUS!!!! Now we have the issue of how to state a fact. Wait wouldn't we just say "It's over"? Oh wait, that's exactly what he did. btw the wayif you want to know how to tell the difference betwen a person stating a fact... "It's over" compared to an opinion "I think it's over" is how it's done.

I genuinely Lolled at "He is talking so it's obviously his opinion" Brilliant stuff. Keep it up.
No. It is not necessary to say ''I think'' or ''IMO" on a discussion forum. It is implied. Facts are not part of Big Footy. Facts can't be argued, and therefore do not require discussion. Otherwise, we would need to discount any post anywhere where the author does not use "I think" or similar.

For example, it is sufficient for me to say that you are simple and lack understanding (that may well also be a fact, your reply will help determine that). At least your user name is appropriate.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok cool well heres my opinion and thoughts on Birchall.

1. He has been out for a very long time. He is practically an unknown quantity at this point and past performance is never a reliable indicator for future success. If he comes back, I dont believe he will make a big impact.. see: rule changes, playing style has changed, different team mates.

2. There are young players in the position he would have played now (Scrimshaw, Hardwick, Sicily). They are playing well and I feel we need to get games into them over giving Birchall a game. (see my thoughts on Roughead being dropped, its its good enough for one not to play seniors its good enough for the other). We're tracking for premierships in the next 2-3 years. Its highly unlikely Birchall will be around then.... Those 3 I named, will be.

3. List space and cap space.
a. We could take an extra in the mid-season draft. Yes, they might not set the world alight (would Birchall though?) and at least they could theoretically play and add depth?
b. cap space heading into arguably our most important off-season where getting Coniglio could literally be the difference between us competing and being mid-ladder also rans for the next 5 years.

In summary, I think it's time the club makes the business decision. The known positives of retiring Birchall outweigh the unknown positives of him returning. That is the point i'm trying to make.

Happy to take rebuttals and your perspective.

Pretty standard one would think Birch should be done, and if he manages to comeback it should be to mentor the kids at BHH and to get a farewell game if we can’t make finals.. love Birch but its more important for our future that our youngsters play.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Pretty standard one would think Birch should be done, and if he manages to comeback it should be to mentor the kids at BHH and to get a farewell game if we can’t make finals.. love Birch but its more important for our future that our youngsters play.

I think Aramis is correct the longer this goes the less chance for Birch. two years game so different. How old is he?

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
He's been treated worse by our club than Jaeger was by Gold Coast.

I've moved on, he got 4 premierships and that is a fact. Jaeger played footy after Gold Coast, Birch hasn't come close at Hawthorn since his injury to playing a game. Not even one. W treat our new players better than our old players it would seem.... based on recent history.

I've moved on, he got 4 premierships and that is a fact. Jaeger played footy after Gold Coast, Birch hasn't come close at Hawthorn since his injury to playing a game. Not even one. W treat our new players better than our old players it would seem.... based on recent history.
Do you also believe that the earth is flat?

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Do you also believe that the earth is flat?
Do you believe the Burgoyne didn't happen?
Do you believe the Hale didn't happen?
Do you believe the Gibson didn't happen?
Do you believe the Lake didn't happen?
O'Meara wont even go near. But I'm sure that didn't happen. Much like Guerra missing 2012 that didn't happen.

Seriously you love all that but will not say our club has f'd up Birchall... for a club that has fixed every single player to walk thru our doors is he not an anomaly....? yes based on you theory... but even take your theory out it's still the most monumental failure at our club during the Clarkson years. Now I'm willing to say I'll take the premierships and wear it. But geez great job with Jaegar who I love... no premierships. So move on. The Birchall f upp is a f up. I do understand he was one of the two he was on two strikes... but his form after that was subliminal for 5 years.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
O'Meara wont even go near. But I'm sure that didn't happen. Much like Guerra missing 2012 that didn't happen.

Seriously you love all that but will not say our club has f'd up Birchall... for a club that has fixed every single player to walk thru our doors is he not an anomaly....? yes based on you theory... but even take your theory out it's still the most monumental failure at our club during the Clarkson years. Now I'm willing to say I'll take the premierships and wear it. But geez great job with Jaegar who I love... no premierships. So move on. The Birchall f upp is a f up. I do understand he was one of the two he was on two strikes... but his form after that was subliminal for 5 years.
images.jpeg.jpeg

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

No idea what your rant is meant to mean.
Birch isn't the first player since Clarko became coach to have injury issues.
We've had failures or near failures before. Woodward, Cambell, Whitecross, Rioli, Spangher, O'Rourke, Schoenmakers, Bailey, Ellis, Williams, Anderson, the list goes on.

Footy is a tough game, players get injuries they can't recover from, or are limited by.

There is no magic potion that can fix everything. What we have is a medical and conditioning team that is very good, but there is only so much they can do and they've made mistakes before.

satan1

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know what is going on in here but I think the talk "he's been out so long the game has changed so much" talk is a bit of wank.

How hard would it be for a champion like birch to play halfback? he's been injured not on the moon.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

English only in chat please

🤷🤷🤷

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I think you've missed out on the biggest story of all...
After the 2015 grand final win Clarko went swimming off the piers at Portsea and his family claim the real Alistaire never returned that day. The real Clarko only knows how to win premierships, and this imposter was run out by the HFC to cover the calamity and panic that would have set in throughout the supporter group. It's said this oddly similar facsimile was found in a pub in an abandoned town in West Australia called Day Dawn, hunkered over a rusticly created lamb souv and a tapped rusty keg.
Anyway, how the Hawthorn footy club could think we wouldn't know the difference is beyond the pale and some have speculated the whole scenario was imagined as a way to snuff out the cost of casting his visage in gold - not bronze - for display outside the Kennedy center. Eagle eyed beachgoers noted seeing what appeared to be a submarine periscope or loch ness monster in the area of Al's disappearance just hours previously.

Feel free to pass along this important news as you see fit to the wider community Zach.

Best,
FF

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

What an absolute load of bullshit

Back