a third of the way of the season the improvers and dissapointments

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne, GoCo and Sydney are all improved

Collingwood, North, Richmond and Carlton have not reached expectations.

Always start slow but have not been able to find any consistency in getting the same team together all year so far. If you took out 5 or 6 of any of the top teams best out at the same time or had them missing multiple weeks they would struggle playing the top teams and that's what has happened to us so far. I would rather cop the injuries now and hopefully get everyone firing second half of the year, we are up against it to make top 4 due to the start.

Always start slow but have not been able to find any consistency in getting the same team together all year so far. If you took out 5 or 6 of any of the top teams best out at the same time or had them missing multiple weeks they would struggle playing the top teams and that's what has happened to us so far. I would rather cop the injuries now and hopefully get everyone firing second half of the year, we are up against it to make top 4 due to the start.

True, but most teams have endured injuries to key players. I am in the camp that sees the Tiggers bouncing back.

Same i do see the tigers bouncing back. But its also a case of some of the other teams improving too eg: dees swans dogs etc..... So tigers are doing all the right things but its the other teams improving around them thats the case. Its called a competition.

True, but most teams have endured injuries to key players. I am in the camp that sees the Tiggers bouncing back.

Giants have had a worse run and some teams have lost key players but if Melbourne, Dogs, Port, Brisbane, Geelong for example lost 4-6 of there better players at the same time they would be under the pump to. Richmond had Cotchin, Lambert and Prestia out of their first choice midfield, if you took Trac, Oliver and Brayshaw out of that Melbourne midfield for a month you reckon they still beat the top teams?

I reckon any of the top 8 sides can cover 1 or 2 injuries to top players against the top sides but anymore than that and its a struggle. Ive got no doubt we can cover the injuries and play good footy against the Giants, Bombers, Freo etc but realisitcally can't see it happening against Lions in two weeks. We just need to hang on until we get the troops back, top 4 will be a struggle but that will all depend on if a few of the teams have a few slips here and there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back