A Third Team In Sydney - It's Only a Matter Of Time !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanderers is a self sustaining club. Your team is propped up by Victoria punters & would fold if league ever pulled pin.

Wanderers are bush league run by a millionaire with his petty cash.
If it was a business it would be long dead.

You remind me of those fools when the Wanderers 1st entered and were owned by the FFA who would march with signs saying for old soccer against new football. Missing the point they were owned by them.

Laughable.

Your team is propped up by Victoria punters & would fold if league ever pulled pin.

The AFL is an Australian wide competition and that competition "props up" all 18 clubs with television rights, attendances, sponsorships, merchandise etc.
Soccer is propped up by private owners who regularly up stumps and leave when their cash flow is low.

Wanderers are bush league run by a millionaire with his petty cash.
If it was a business it would be long dead.

You remind me of those fools when the Wanderers 1st entered and were owned by the FFA who would march with signs saying for old soccer against new football. Missing the point they were owned by them.

Laughable.

You just described the premier league, NFL, NBA..
I still see wanderers fans march through Parramatta & merch throughout city. Never seen any of your stuff outside of orange hat at birchgrove... Could've been west tigers tho

1. Female private secondary school AF is growing very strongly in Sydney, in the ISC AF comp.
This ISC 7 week comp. only began formally in 2019- but in 2021, there are a record 72 girls' teams from 12 private schools. This is an increase of 1 new school joining, & an increase of 19 teams, cf 2020.

The schools are Abbotsleigh, Brigidine, Loreto, Monte Sant'Angelo, Pymble Ladies, Ravenswood, St Catharines, Stella Maris (joins 2021), Wenona- all in the NS & ES; also MLC, PLC, & St Scholastica's, all in the inner WS.

As in Melbourne private schools, in Sydney it is the all-girl schools that lead the way (cf co-ed private & govt.schools) in school female AF- no pesky sneering boys!

It should be noted that some of these schools have a long history of achieving some of the best Year 12 academic results, averaged across the Year 12 cohort, in Australia.
In c. 2040+, many of these AF-playing ISC students are very likely to have very senior & influential positions in Sydney, NSW etc.- which bodes well for the pro-AF influence they may be able to impart.

2. The AFL announced 17.2 it has had a loss of "only" $22m in 2020- a very good result when, earlier in the covid-led recession, many had fears of a much greater loss.

This relatively "good" result will allow the AFL to continue to invest strongly in NSW, ACT, & Qld.

3. GR JNR & SNR RL IN MAJOR TROUBLE IN SYDNEY

There has been a collapse in RL in 2020, mainly from U13 to adult comps., in GR jnr & snr male contact RL in all areas of Greater Sydney (excluding Penrith District RL comp.- but it, also, is in decline).

All the District RL comps. are now defunct in Sydney, re covering from U6- Open adult comps., in their own discrete areas. All now, from U13, have to play in Combined comps.
Penrith District RL remains discrete until U19, & Parramatta remains discrete until U18 only.

In 2020, there were a total of only 79 GR adult male contact RL teams in all Sydney- extraordinarily low, & almost shocking.

In an "heartland" RL city of c. 5.35m in 2020, GR male RL & the NRL have major problems.
(Ditto the Gold Coast- Brisbane [excluding Ipswich District RL]- Sunshine Coast corridor for GR jnr & snr male contact RL).

It is very likely GR AF, & the AFL, will increase their popularity, in NSW, ACT, & Qld. whilst RL is having these severe, ongoing declines in male contact RL.

Details of all the various District RL comps. in Sydney, with their nos. of GR jnr & snr male contact RL teams, are here.

(Scroll to my post #467)
Theres only 8 leagues in Metro Melb with ave 10 teams each for Aussie Rules

The AFL is an Australian wide competition and that competition "props up" all 18 clubs with television rights, attendances, sponsorships, merchandise etc.
Soccer is propped up by private owners who regularly up stumps and leave when their cash flow is low.

Club dependable on league for survival as stated in yearly report. $200 million spent to prop them up & wanderers out draw them - sad

Kinda sad they abandoned playing games in Canberra to chase the riches in the Gold Coast and Hobart. They had a good thing going. I suppose if North have a strategy, it might be to not stay in the one place too long lest the AFL push them until relocating. Or maybe it's just about the almighty dollar and always has been.
Selling games undermines the club.

But Tasmania has paid off our debt, and when we leave - whether or not it coincides with them getting then they get their own side - I can't see us doing it again for a generation.

We've built and are continuing to build solid roots back at Arden Street, which is something that didn't happen for a long time.

Selling games undermines the club.

But Tasmania has paid off our debt, and when we leave - whether or not it coincides with them getting then they get their own side - I can't see us doing it again for a generation.
How sure are you of that? Teams generally enjoy having more money to spend even if they're not in debt.

You just described the premier league, NFL, NBA..
I still see wanderers fans march through Parramatta & merch throughout city. Never seen any of your stuff outside of orange hat at birchgrove... Could've been west tigers tho

And yet still no one watches your mob. Literally actually.

How embarrassing that a club that you say no one cares about gets better crowds, gets higher tv and bigger income outside of competition funding than your supposed heartland club that you say is loved.

5 coaches went to the 2019 GF

Did you guys even hire 1 for your away GF?

Please continue posting. So appreciative of a clown that keeps demonstrating the strength of the AFL
The AFL may have invested $200 million. Well worth it. GWS turnover now nearly $50 million.

That includes TV allotment & idiots fan groups contributing millions. You could set up club in bourke & do that.

That includes TV allotment & idiots fan groups contributing millions. You could set up club in bourke & do that.

Soo less 15 million (If that’s truely included) and that’s an income of 33 million.

What was the Wanderers income? You can include the tv distribution if you want.

As an aside it should be included as media want to pay the clubs that much.

Incorrect

Last covid uneffected season you guys averaged 9k according to the ALeague stats. We averaged 12k.

Don't lie - start of last year saw huge drop for covid.
From memory you guys do about 11k at showground but actually more in Canberra a city less than 10 times the size. Wanderers do about the same but were on track for higher before covid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't lie - start of last year saw huge drop for covid.
From memory you guys do about 11k at showground but actually more in Canberra a city less than 10 times the size. Wanderers do about the same but were on track for higher before covid

Last season? Covid started right before game 1 and we weren’t allowed anyone in round 1 against the Cats double header, which was tracking well before it happened. No t helps that you know when crowds were banned before calling people liars.
Show me where I’m lying by providing the info.

Edit- actually for 1st line is true in a Kenobi point of view. We went from the 12k Avg to zero in round 1 2020

Soo less 15 million (If that’s truely included) and that’s an income of 33 million.

What was the Wanderers income? You can include the tv distribution if you want.

As an aside it should be included as media want to pay the clubs that much.

I can't find anything on handouts other than 2018 when you got 23 million plus a secret 2 on top. Why would that go down??
Turnover & profit not same so will cost league millions more before it dies

I can't find anything on handouts other than 2018 when you got 23 million plus a secret 2 on top. Why would that go down??
Turnover & profit not same so will cost league millions more before it dies

So you don’t want to answer the question...

Ok well I’ve done some looking and it seems the heartland Wanderers that everyone loves income inclusive of their tv distribution is 8 million.

Hmm still much less than the income of 33m (not inclusive of tv income) that the hated by the locals Giants get.

Wanderers will be gone before the Giants are.

Last season? Covid started right before game 1 and we weren’t allowed anyone in round 1 against the Cats double header, which was tracking well before it happened. No t helps that you know when crowds were banned before calling people liars.
Show me where I’m lying by providing the info.

Nice deflection but start of 2020 saw drop for crowds in a league. Never mentioned 2020 afl. Remember a league had no marketing campaign going into 2019 20. You guy just give away so may free passes too

Nice deflection but start of 2020 saw drop for crowds in a league. Never mentioned 2020 afl. Remember a league had no marketing campaign going into 2019 20. You guy just give away so may free passes too

I didn’t average out the 2020 season. I averaged out the 2019 season.

You make it sound like the ALeague don’t give free games out as well.

You are a fool and a troll.

Have given you plenty of opportunity to discuss but you are just like your club. A failure.

I didn’t average out the 2020 season. I averaged out the 2019 season.

You make it sound like the ALeague don’t give free games out as well.

You are a fool and a troll.

Have given you plenty of opportunity to discuss but you are just like your club. A failure.

You guys are owned & backed by richest & largest sporting body in country.
Afl has huge marketing arm which promotes sport far more frequently than any other.
Games are broadcast on network with largest viewership in country with frequent cross promotions.
A league didn't have marketing campaign last year but did about same attendance even if you want to throw in covid numbers like you did.
That's all fact

You guys are owned & backed by richest & largest sporting body in country.
Yep and what that should tell you is if we were poor or failing we wouldn’t exist. They aren’t fools otherwise they wouldn’t be the biggest sporting body in the country.

You guys are backed by a millionaire located in the heartland of the sport. Yet are getting worse at an extreme rate. Even after being gifted a 300 million dollar stadium.

Afl has huge marketing arm which promotes sport far more frequently than any other.

In Sydney? No.

Games are broadcast on network with largest viewership in country with frequent cross promotions.

No matter what way you look at it we beat you in the ratings. All of them.
Your beloved heartland club vs a club no one wanted(your words) and your club is the one that is irrelevant.

A league didn't have marketing campaign last year but did about same attendance even if you want to throw in covid numbers like you did.
That's all fact

We weren’t allowed crowds last year you dunce. Zero from round 1, with a trickle allowed after. If you are proud of your season with crowds equaling that it says it all.
2019 was the last uneffected season.

You keep saying “facts” but you don’t know the meaning of the word.

I had a look at the Wanderers fan forums. There are zero AFL trolls over there.

Says it all really.

Yep and what that should tell you is if we were poor or failing we wouldn’t exist. They aren’t fools otherwise they wouldn’t be the biggest sporting body in the country.

You guys are backed by a millionaire located in the heartland of the sport. Yet are getting worse at an extreme rate. Even after being gifted a 300 million dollar stadium.

In Sydney? No.

No matter what way you look at it we beat you in the ratings. All of them.
Your beloved heartland club vs a club no one wanted(your words) and your club is the one that is irrelevant.

We weren’t allowed crowds last year you dunce. Zero from round 1, with a trickle allowed after. If you are proud of your season with crowds equaling that it says it all.
2019 was the last uneffected season.

You keep saying “facts” but you don’t know the meaning of the word.

I had a look at the Wanderers fan forums. There are zero AFL trolls over there.

Says it all really.

Stop deflecting because you're losing. Never even mentioned 2020 afl season. Those s**t crowds were 2019 when you made grand final & ppl of western Sydney didn't care. You're a plastic entity with no real fans.

Stop deflecting because you're losing.
Haven’t deflected once as I haven’t “lost” yet.

Never even mentioned 2020 afl season.

You’ve mentioned 2020 and last season multiple times in each of your last few posts

Those sh*t crowds were 2019 when you made grand final & ppl of western Sydney didn't care. You're a plastic entity with no real fans.
Those s**t crowds were 3k more than yours and that’s before we get to the income and tv ratings.

Plastic entity? You do realise your lot are a “franchise/plastic” entity too yeah?

We seem to by all accounts and every metric have more “real fans” than your mob.

Yeah, you can prop up a team with no fanbase despite being in largest city country & existing for a decade.

Yes, you clown, cannot you see that is one strength of the AFL.
You're a definitely a clown.
Every time you post rubbish about GWS people reply with the facts, legitimising the GWS and making you look like a clown.
The GWS Giants have more members than ANY NRL or soccer club.
Are you saying that the NRL and soccer have no fanbase either ?
The GWS Giants are 16/18 on the AFL membership table and growing all the time.
Is that why you post all the time - fear of AFL growing - because it is you know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back