A Third Team In Sydney - It's Only a Matter Of Time !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, union, that sport so beloved in Western Sydney that the Waratahs have never played a Super Rugby match there. It's an incredibly classist sport whose main supporter demographic has spent generations sneering at Westies.
Waratahs have played at Paramatta stadium. But yeah you have a strong point, Sydney rugby union and by extension NSWRU and Rugby Australia only really care about the private schools in the East, that’s why the bulk of the funding goes to the private schools and also why Union by all reports has more or less died in public schools

Odd that he'd write it in the past tense. Still, the Tahs have been around for 25 years and are only bothering to go west now.
What is Parras stadium called now then? And they played the Jaguars there this year from memory. Mainly just remember the memes about how small the crowd was there compared to the NRL. But yes there is a way bigger point at hand, Union I would say would rank 4th in Sydney’s west out of the football codes.

Also I think the Wallabies are playing Samoa in Parra latter this year

I know they are. I'm suggesting the AFL needs to strengthen it's manufactured teams before manufacturing more.

Three sports that dominate AFL. I abbreviated two of them hence caps lock. It ain't hard to figure out
You say manufactured as if its a bad thing yet you follow a manufactured team.

Case of self loathing?

Union doesn't dominate Aussie Rules. Private schools (rugbies bread and butter here) are putting up AR posts all the time.
They are the 4th code in Sydney.

Case of self loathing?

Union doesn't dominate Aussie Rules. Private schools (rugbies bread and butter here) are putting up AR posts all the time.

Did I say manufactured as in a bad thing? You could say all teams created since the inception of the AFL are manufactured. Freo in that box too. Regardless of semantics AFL for the foreseeable future is down the order however as I suggested the AFL us working so this changes. Stop getting so defensive

Did I say manufactured as in a bad thing? You could say all teams created since the inception of the AFL are manufactured. Freo in that box too. Regardless of semantics AFL for the foreseeable future is down the order however as I suggested the AFL us working so this changes. Stop getting so defensive
Further up the order than you believe.

Case of self loathing?

Shute Shield is way bigger than club footy in Sydney. While I admit Rugby has big problems Australia wide and that all steams from it having issues in the heartland

Shute Shield is way bigger than club footy in Sydney. While I admit Rugby has big problems Australia wide and that all steams from it having issues in the heartland

In the North Shore no doubt, though footy is catching it there. But theres only 1 sport killing clubs in Sydney and that's Rugby.

As said above theres a reason the private schools are adding footy posts on their fields.

In the North Shore no doubt, though footy is catching it there. But theres only 1 sport killing clubs in Sydney and that's Rugby.

As said above theres a reason the private schools are adding footy posts on their fields.
Yeah look the Emus were always going to die when Sydney Rugby Union cut the Shute Shield funding. Really not sure of the logic behind that decision

Yeah look the Emus were always going to die when Sydney Rugby Union cut the Shute Shield funding. Really not sure of the logic behind that decision

Also killed the Rams in the NRC. They are shrinking to try and defend their traditional heartland from Footy and football. It wont work.

Hope the sport dies and takes those rich bastards in the north with them..... :mad:
Not bitter about the Emu's being murdered at all. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Parras stadium called now then? And they played the Jaguars there this year from memory. Mainly just remember the memes about how small the crowd was there compared to the NRL. But yes there is a way bigger point at hand, Union I would say would rank 4th in Sydney’s west out of the football codes.

Bankwest Stadium, and yes I hadn't realised it had opened in April. Thought it was in June for some reason.

Anyway when Union dies its slow, inevitable death in Australia, I hope the AFL will recognise the opportunity and go hard at the traditional union areas and schools. From what I gather that's already happened to some extent on the North Shore.

Bankwest Stadium, and yes I hadn't realised it had opened in April. Thought it was in June for some reason.

Anyway when Union dies its slow, inevitable death in Australia, I hope the AFL will recognise the opportunity and go hard at the traditional union areas and schools. From what I gather that's already happened to some extent on the North Shore.

Union will wake up and get a decent CEO from one of its old boys and that slow death will be longer and slower.

It will be interesting to watch what Twiggy Forrest does with his Rapid Rugby comp over the next 2 or 3 year. If he gets it to be a decent success, the ARU will probably come grovelling to him for help and he then can have an influence on developing the game.

Union will wake up and get a decent CEO from one of its old boys and that slow death will be longer and slower.

It will be interesting to watch what Twiggy Forrest does with his Rapid Rugby comp over the next 2 or 3 year. If he gets it to be a decent success, the ARU will probably come grovelling to him for help and he then can have an influence on developing the game.
This would be hilarious... poetic justice

Have noticed rumours in the past few months (in the short columns of The AFR & Sunday Times here in Perth) that he is keen to exit. Whether they're just echoing each other I'm not sure but I reckon I've seen it run three or four times since the start of the year.

Have noticed rumours in the past few months (in the short columns of The AFR & Sunday Times here in Perth) that he is keen to exit. Whether they're just echoing each other I'm not sure but I reckon I've seen it run three or four times since the start of the year.

Realises it's a money pit perhaps

About to be a serious cash injection in rugby with the upcoming world league.

And they will get there way all the SANZAAR nations are broke the European’s don’t want relegation they will get way as financially they can afford to back out and the SANZAAR nations can’t
How is NZ Rugby broke?

Because the last time the posted a profit was after the Lions tour a few years back. Due to wage pressure from Europe to keep players the cost of running the game at all level they spend more money than they earn
So they made a profit in 2017 ( a Lions tour year) and a loss in 2018. That doesn't make them broke. The previous Lions tour was 2005.

How many years of big losses have they racked up? What is their debt profile??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back