A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it hilarious that the Americans are going on about interference in their election. This must be the best example of the pot calling the kettle black I have ever heard. I know that the American Left need an excuse that Bill Clinton's wife lost to Trump (F... me) but complaining that someone interfered in our election.

This is by far the funniest political thingo I have ever heard. The Americans have been interfering in elections for years. Imposing elections on countries that are not ready for one.

I wish I could construct one of those things I see on the net with flashing bits, showing all the elections that the Yanks have poisoned with Bill Clinton's wife, or any American left person, complaining.

I think it hilarious that the Americans are going on about interference in their election. This must be the best example of the pot calling the kettle black I have ever heard. I know that the American Left need an excuse that Bill Clinton's wife lost to Trump (F... me) but complaining that someone interfered in our election.

This is by far the funniest political thingo I have ever heard. The Americans have been interfering in elections for years. Imposing elections on countries that are not ready for one.

I wish I could construct one of those things I see on the net with flashing bits, showing all the elections that the Yanks have poisoned with Bill Clinton's wife, or any American left person, complaining.
I always read this thread but very rarely post as politics in the main has almost zero interest for me anymore but this is so spot on D, oh the hypocrisy is so staggering.

I always read this thread but very rarely post as politics in the main has almost zero interest for me anymore but this is so spot on D, oh the hypocrisy is so staggering.

Is it? Maybe if you wrap every American up under the banner of “America” and assume that they all hold singular, consistent beliefs about what is right and wrong, and that they automatically endorse everything their country has done in its history.

It’s really two separate issues. Do we really think that the large number Americans who are concerned and angry about blatant foreign interference in their democratic process should be precluded from feeling that way because of the foreign policy interferences previous administrations made into other countries?

Are they just expected to go “ah well, Reagan did worse s**t in Latin America and the Middle East... it’s our turn to cop it now”?

Is it? Maybe if you wrap every American up under the banner of “America” and assume that they all hold singular, consistent beliefs about what is right and wrong, and that they automatically endorse everything their country has done in its history.

It’s really two separate issues. Do we really think that the large number Americans who are concerned and angry about blatant foreign interference in their democratic process should be precluded from feeling that way because of the foreign policy interferences previous administrations made into other countries?

Are they just expected to go “ah well, Reagan did worse s**t in Latin America and the Middle East... it’s our turn to cop it now”?
Not really interested in getting into a debate about politics TBD, I don't have the knowledge any longer, lost any sort of deep interest in it decades ago.

Just my overall perspective on the good ole US of A, you reap what you sow. Politics is all about one-upmanship and the gotcha moment, always has been, IMO the vast majority of them are in it for the power trip and if they didn't go in that way the system soon turns them. Hypocrisy and politics should always be mentioned in the same sentence.

Turnbull is cooked.

Will be knifed before the election.
Mixed feelings. On the one hand, he’s been terrible. On the second hand, der Kartoffelkopfführer could only be worse. On the third hand, despite the Tory media hype, governments never win by-elections except for that one time where the guy came out against the British Empire back when that was a lot more no-go and are the results really that surprising? On the fourth hand, the Tory media did hype it, Turnbull made them a leadership referendum and his colleagues are mostly nuts. On the fifth hand, I’ve got way too many arms atm.

Mixed feelings. On the one hand, he’s been terrible. On the second hand, der Kartoffelkopfführer could only be worse. On the third hand, despite the Tory media hype, governments never win by-elections except for that one time where the guy came out against the British Empire back when that was a lot more no-go and are the results really that surprising? On the fourth hand, the Tory media did hype it, Turnbull made them a leadership referendum and his colleagues are mostly nuts. On the fifth hand, I’ve got way too many arms atm.

Dutton would have to shift seats to be PM because I don't think he is keeping his at the next election. Getup and Labor are pouring way too much money and attention into Dixon and have kept constant attention on astroturfed campaigning since before the last election. They just shifted those resources to Longman for a couple of months but it will be all back in full force from Monday.

Fraser Anning wasn't even dog-whistling, he was just blatantly espousing proto-fascism and apartheid which is pretty much plain to see for everyone. But wholly s**t dude, get the * over Gough Whitlam, it's been over 40 years and time has proven the majority of his forward-thinking policy beneficial to the nation. Lefties don't jump up bad mouthing Menzies at every opportunity when he basically stalled the development of the country for close to 20 years by doubling down on agriculture and protectionism at the expense of manufacturing and technical industries that we are still paying the price for years later. But Jibbers Crabst, I'm also angry about his name dropping Curtin & Chifley like they would have been on his side or something... there's just too much to unpack from that absolute abortion of a maiden speech.

Hopefully this leads to more people seeing that Bob Kattar isn't just an eccentric buffoon for rubber stamping a speech like that from one of his recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

//... there's just too much to unpack from that absolute abortion of a maiden speech.

Hopefully this leads to more people seeing that Bob Kattar isn't just an eccentric buffoon for rubber stamping a speech like that from one of his recruits.

39145056_684736388553517_6113655516565602304_n.jpg

Kinda surprised to not see it here at all
https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle...ate-of-the-jewish-people-20180720-p4zsl8.html
So what are people's thoughts? What happens to the long suffering camps that have been integrated and turned into living spaces when they're told they're no longer welcome?
South Africa would've wished it had this kind on publicity. Their objections were far more valid too.

Well...There is still a problem assimilating the lost tribes of Israel...Populations from the “Lost Tribes” have been discovered and verified in surprising places all around the world, including China, Ethiopia, India, Zimbabwe, Somaliland, Afghanistan, Nigeria and other locations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/e...-in-Israel-still-await-the-promised-land.html

Just nuke Israel. s**t people and a s**t country.
Sod off with that, ta. Let’s leave that particular policy to all the wingnut evangelicals supporting Trump.

Pieter Willem Netanyahu and those supporting him can go piss off though.

Last edited:
Sod off with that, ta. Let’s leave that particular policy to all the wingnut evangelicals supporting Trump.

Pieter Willem Netanyahu and those supporting him can go piss off though.

I'm completely ignoring Sizey's comments here because they were a blatant s**t-stir, but aren't all the evangelicals pro-Israel because of prophecies in Revelations about their return to the holy land signalling the second coming of Jesus and the end of the world? They are probably anti-Semetic, but they are definitely pro-rapture.

Well...There is still a problem assimilating the lost tribes of Israel...Populations from the “Lost Tribes” have been discovered and verified in surprising places all around the world, including China, Ethiopia, India, Zimbabwe, Somaliland, Afghanistan, Nigeria and other locations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/e...-in-Israel-still-await-the-promised-land.html

That's interesting, though I suppose those people of the "lost tribes" could consider themselves lucky they're allowed to be in Israel as second class citizens. The displaced Palestinians don't even get that luxury, and now what they do have stands to get even worse. Those are some very heavy discrimination numbers for the Ethiopian Jews, though as the article states they still fare better than Arabs. Remarkable considering how bad the numbers already are.

I'm completely ignoring Sizey's comments here because they were a blatant s**t-stir, but aren't all the evangelicals pro-Israel because of prophecies in Revelations about their return to the holy land signalling the second coming of Jesus and the end of the world? They are probably anti-Semetic, but they are definitely pro-rapture.

A lot of US Christians are pro-Israel because of the Scofield Reference Bible and its subsequent revisions. They've just been duped. Dunno how Anti-Semitic they are, the 1967 revision has a footnote saying (paraphrasing) that Anti-Semitism is a sin and any nation guilty will get judged by a higher power.

Oh yeah, they definitely want a populous and prosperous Israel right now. The trouble is what they believe happens next, generally the complete (and probably nuclear) destruction of Israel. Many of them speak gleefully about this (inc. the preachers Trump sent to celebrating the embassy move, for example). So they're "not antisemitic", they're just looking rapturously forward towards everyone is Israel being killed.

One of the other fun little elements of this is that one of the miscellaneous things predicted to happen is the Antichrist makes a (temporary) peace with Israel (which he will later break, and that's the start of tribulation). So if someone's trying to make peace between Israel and its neighbours then golly gee, that must mean that they're the Antichrist and need to be opposed.

Trump is having a baaaaaad day.

Closer to home, ugh, Dutton. God help us. Wouldn’t Bishop or Morrison be more electable?

Maybe...but whoever took the top job now would be leading the party into opposition...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back