A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly how i'm reading it. Seeing a change in what the population is starting to see as important as it shifts to the Gen x, y and millennial. People aren't happy to cop the church going, corrupt and billionaire backed libs.
So the country is better off being run by the Unions then.

So the country is better off being run by the Unions then.

Long answer: That is a very high school, oversimplified way at describing how things will work.

Short answer: Yes.

Witnessing an evolution of the electorate.

Rusted on party loyalty is fading along with the Boomers.

The majors can take less and less votes for granted and need to become broader churches. The Overton window is inching to the left.

ALP and Green voters becoming a more dominant bloc as the millennials take over.

The LNP will need to step to the left and become a tad more progressive or abandon the centre ground and embrace the lunatic right wing parties.
I'll have you know some of us Boomers (in Higgins and Kooyong) have a conscience and a measure of integrity too. And we're not faded into obscurity quite yet.

I just look fwd to the day any party puts up someone half decent and iikable that has a semblence of looking and sounding like a leader and one that you no will not look out of place compared to other world leaders. I mean ScoMo is a mornon and was never voted in to the position in the first place and god help us with Albanese who is embarrassing.Then you have idiot car salesman looking men like Craig Kelly. The state of Australian politcs and its leaders is truly embarrassing.

Albanese did his best to lose the unlosable again for Labour.

Labor have a lot to improve on... They should have won last time, and really, this isn't a strong of a win as it should be. Big swing away from both major parties.

Labor have a lot to improve on... They should have won last time, and really, this isn't a strong of a win as it should be. Big swing away from both major parties.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a leadership challenge half way through his first term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have you know some of us Boomers (in Higgins and Kooyong) have a conscience and a measure of integrity too. And we're not faded into obscurity quite yet.

I think you misread my point. I was saying that rusted on affiliation to the two majors isn’t as baked in with younger generations. It wasn’t a comment on integrity.

I think you misread my point. I was saying that rusted on affiliation to the two majors isn’t as baked in with younger generations. It wasn’t a comment on integrity.
Fair enough. I may have and if so apologies. I get sensitive to the perception that only millennials have an appetite for political and social change.

While people fearmonger about future hypotheticals, here is just a small biopsy of the actual corrupt cancer we removed from our democracy tonight.

Bring on the federal anti-corruption commission.

Last edited:
While people fearmonger about future hypotheticals, here is just a small biopsy of the corrupt cancer we removed from our democracy tonight.

Bring on the federal anti-corruption commission.

I am not rusted on one way or the other but you speak as if he party you obviously support are t bastians of good and anyone voted liberal are all bad. I couldnt stand ScoMo as much as the next person and hate the fact that anyone can be PM despite not being voted in by the people which he never was and knifed Turnbull in the back. Says a lot about libs - not sure tho that its fair if one party wants to change there leader that the vote then doesnt get opened up to the people. Thats obviously a diff argument but still wont change a lot of peoples minds even labor people that cant stand Albanise and are embrassed that somone like him is our leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back