A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

My 2 cents. I think change was necessary. You don’t reward mediocrity and that’s what we have been given for several years. Whether Labor improves the outlook taking into account short and long term views is up for debate but I feel a country that is not afraid to change keeps them on there toes.

Yuk, can't believe the talk about Dutton being leader.

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF
Who else is there? Frydenberg was the obvious moderate opponent and ummm... yeah, you need to win your seat first.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a leadership challenge half way through his first term.
I would be, mainly because of the rules around leadership challenges these days required something like 2/3s or 3/4s of members to vote for change.

I find Albanese supremely uninteresting but if he turns out uninteresting and competent he's cleared the bar set by Morrison who just sits around waiting for disasters and has to be forced into action each time, usually by the premiers.

And Kenneally losing was just the cherry on the schadenfreude cake. Dai Le is a bit questionable, but dumping candidates on "safe" seats deserves a kick up the arse.

It is going to be a very tough term. The outlook for the rest of this decade isn't a good one. It is going to be tough times, so Labor have their work cut out for them. Hopefully they can lay the ground work for a fruitful multi term stay in power. Honestly, Libs need to be in time out for a few years to pull their heads out their arses.

People aren't going to cop hand outs to the rich and jobs for the boys when we are fighting off financial hardship.

The next election is going to be all around housing affordability as house prices accelerate over the next few years.

And Kenneally losing was just the cherry on the schadenfreude cake. Dai Le is a bit questionable, but dumping candidates on "safe" seats deserves a kick up the arse.
Its that kind of slack lazy BS they have got into. They felt too safe, as if they could do what they want and werent accountable to anyone anymore.

Who else is there? Frydenberg was the obvious moderate opponent and ummm... yeah, you need to win your seat first.
Oh boy, Sussan Ley just mentioned on Insiders as the moderate alternative.

All I know about her is travel rorts - that bodes well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a cluster **** by Labour the second they didn’t endorse the local popular (Vietnamese) candidate.

Really is an example of both parties not listening to the people of the seat.

Dai Le is hugely popular in her community.

I love Antony Green but I think he analysed his last Federal election tonight. Was all over the shop.

Welcome to the Antony Green experience, new here?

Shocked to see how well the greens did in Brisbane.

This shouldn’t have been a shock in many regards. Certainly not to the Liberals. But the inability of the LNP to read the room on climate change concern meant they did this to themselves. The inner Brisbane seats have been smashed by flooding several times in just over a decade and the people who live there know it isn’t going away. It is all too real to people now. Rain has been belting down for weeks. It drives home what climate change actually is - not just a few hot days here and there, but real pain in people’s lives caused by more extreme weather events more frequently.

The way things have splintered on the right side of politics means that otherwise middle-of-the-road voters concerned about the climate couldn’t find a political home other than Labor or the Greens. The Liberals were the most moderate party of the centre-right and at the top are tone deaf to climate change.

Most of the right side of politics still sees Climate Change as a convenient political tool or wedge issue against the “lefties”. They still really don’t get that this isn’t a theoretical concept to be debated anymore. They can keep their rural electorates and the coal electorates in line by scare tactics about “greenies” taking their livelihoods but the inner cities aren’t buying it anymore. Climate change is just all too real now.

Sydney and Melbourne had their Teals, Brisbane didn’t and so the Greens looked like the best option.

Out of our horrible few years of fire and flood some political light may have finally be shone on the climate as the big looming reality that isn’t going away. And this is just the beginning, both climatically and politically.

This shouldn’t have been a shock in many regards. Certainly not to the Liberals.
Doubling down on this - they lost the state electorate of Maiwar to the Greens two elections ago. The neighbouring (ish) South Brisbane went from Labor to Greens last election. Brisbane and Griffiths really should have been on the radar - Ryan is a bit more of a surprise, but overall it's a head in the sand situation.

Doubling down on this - they lost the state electorate of Maiwar to the Greens two elections ago. The neighbouring (ish) South Brisbane went from Labor to Greens last election. Brisbane and Griffiths really should have been on the radar - Ryan is a bit more of a surprise, but overall it's a head in the sand situation.

The Ryan area (Indooroopilly/Toowong etc) has had a green state member before as well. From a bi-election, but still… not an epic shock.

The Ryan area (Indooroopilly/Toowong etc) has had a green state member before as well. From a bi-election, but still… not an epic shock.
Ah, didn't realise Ryan stretched in that close to the CBD. Then yeah there's plenty of overlap with Maiwar.

Antony Green has called Kooyong as a win for Monique Ryan meaning Josh Frydenberg has lost his seat. I live in the Kooyong electorate and I think her team have run a very good campaign. This is compared to Josh Frydenberg who it almost felt like he forgot he had to win his seat until a few weeks ago.
The advertising budget Josh spent was insane. So much money on boards and constantly seeing them have to be cleaned of graffiti. Also him having to pay young people and probably backpackers to carry around signs was just so typically out of touch liberal.

Lot of very happy people in Kooyong and all across Melbourne happy to see Josh gone

The advertising budget Josh spent was insane. So much money on boards and constantly seeing them have to be cleaned of graffiti. Also him having to pay young people and probably backpackers to carry around signs was just so typically out of touch liberal.

Lot of very happy people in Kooyong and all across Melbourne happy to see Josh gone

Yeah we were getting daily pamphlets in the mail, including an endorsement letter from John Howard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back