A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

One bonus of Trump winning is that I'll confidently be able to quit my job, go travel and see some of the world before it inevitably ends... mm, silver linings

We're thinking of scheduling a visit to the US.

Travelling to third world countries is always so cheap!

I'm more concerned now with what is happening over in Yankee Doodle Apple Pie. What is wrong with that country

I'm more concerned now with what is happening over in Yankee Doodle Apple Pie. What is wrong with that country
This is the county that voted in George W not once but twice - today sadly isn't exactly breaking new ground in their history of poor choices of President.

This is the county that voted in George W not once but twice - today sadly isn't exactly breaking new ground in their history of poor choices of President.

There goes my Super .......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Between Morrison & Trump I guess I'll have to work 'til I'm dead.**

But with jobs going "offshore" (read: Mumbai) at a rate of knots ........ I'll have to migrate to have one.

(**Or until they are ............hey, maybe that can be a job ????????)

(Old Man "desperate to retire" rant, now over)

Yeah but before it was just terrible politicians, now it's terrible celebrities that people joked about being The President because the idea was so ludicrous. If Americans ever wanted to shake the tag of being loud and abnoxious,this won't help.

I just don't know how you lose that election. It's bewildering.
I knew the Clinton campaign was uninspiring and lacked any real direction, but yeesh, this is something else. There are a lot of lessons that need to be learned here, and I just don't see much chance of that happening.

Typical Americans always want to be the best at everything. Saw the British being the biggest idiots in the world across the pond and collectively said "no you don't, we're number one!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's tin foil hat stuff, but come on, the FBI tried to railroad things a week ago, we have to at least entertain the possibility this is a manufactured result. Don't we?

Comey will be much reviled for it.

14963033_10154520768980155_780095315_n.jpg

The US deserve everything that comes to them now.

From an Australian perspective not sure anything good can happen from this...

Trump is just so temperamental, everything is unknown right now.

The US deserve everything that comes to them now.

From an Australian perspective not sure anything good can happen from this...

Trump is just so temperamental, everything is unknown right now.

As reflected by the mini-crash in equity markets worldwide.

Heard a report this evening that the Dow futures is trading down by 1000 points.

Whether or not you are a fan of the stock market, this kind of massive financial tanking spells bad news for everyone.

Perception is everything in the market and right now the perception is very bleak.

Allegedly the Canadian Dept of Immigration website crashed earlier today due to an influx of visitors from the US...not sure if that's just urban legend passed off as fact though.

The DNC pushed for Clinton over Sanders, and they specifically helped Trump win the republican candidacy because they saw him as a pied piper candidate that couldn't possibly win any swing states.

Very important to analyse why Trump got the absurd amount of support he did. A lot of disgruntled non college educated white males in rust belt states swung to Trump for fear of their jobs and their way of life to foreigners, Trump got Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania for this reason, nobody thought he could do that, the RNC couldn't believe he even bothered going to Wisconsin, these are blue collar democrat bread and butter. College educated males under 30 swung to republican in record numbers, why?? Alt-right movement and anti-feminist movement? Young men graduating college in America have 2-1 disadvantage at getting a job as equally qualified females as companies look to rectify gender disparities, That's driving a big anti-feminism push from young males.

Why any women, hispanics and blacks voted Trump I have no idea, but it's very interesting to note the massive discrepancy between exit polls and actual votes from females. The female exit polls were massively towards Clinton yet the actual votes didn't follow. So a lot of women weren't comfortable telling exit pollers that they voted for Trump - very interesting and very telling

Democrats lost the unloseable. Hopefully it will be the wake up call the party needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back