A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-using and reducing food waste as well as making whitegoods and other electrical equipment upgradeable and repairable would be a big step forward.

Absolutely. Industrial designers calculating the minimum amount of material and product strength to generate forced obsolescence and iterative design for minor upgrades to tech making us blast through so much more s**t than we need is an absolute blight.

So pretty much the entire national leadership would have been exposed to the virus now with Dutton having it, all the national security meetings he would have been in with Scomo and other national security leaders and then Scomo meeting with all the state leaders today. Could make things interesting...

So pretty much the entire national leadership would have been exposed to the virus now with Dutton having it, all the national security meetings he would have been in with Scomo and other national security leaders and then Scomo meeting with all the state leaders today. Could make things interesting...
If only they had listened to the experts hey

The Ready Reserve members (the guys who go out to disaster affected places to help with the recovery phase - the emergency grants, recovery centres etc) got an email asking us to help out with the local govt elections mainly in concierge / queue control type roles -first time I have seen it used for something like that...

Yeah I think it boils down to high cost and long time to develop. And while their are theoretical options for low waste I dont think they are proven. So noone seems to want to consider dealing with the waste issue (real or imagined). That and so much fear from incidents like Fukashima (spelling?). Politically I just think its a no go as the electorate will never accept it
I agree, it'll never happen. But with the other sort of nuclear energy, the one that's always 20 years away from being 20 years away, I know I shouldn't get excited by it since it never delivers, yet I still do.

It has none of the downsides of nuclear fission and so it would get accepted by the public. While being stuck at home with no football, I've been daydreaming about what society would look like if fusion was actually achievable, so many problems would cease to exist.

Brisbane Council elections - 25 min lineup to vote right now. Go later in the day, is the advice.
Now that the results are in, not a single seat changed hands, so we may as well have not had the election at all. It just increased the risk of the virus spreading for the same net outcome. I thought it was silly to hold the election regardless of the outcome though, we would have been better off with the previous candidates just having their terms extended for another 3-6 months, even if that required invoking emergency powers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These guys know how to handle a pandemic

1587956617401.png

Shoot it!!!!

GUNS!!!!

YAY!!!!!!

God bless America

The best thing about politics at the moment is that absolutely gorgeous woman who fronts for trump at the press conferences. If you are a left winger and cannot block what she is saying just turn the sound down and lust with me.

I cannot think of any woman in politics who is n the same ball park for looks. Someone good at the internet put some photos up. No wonder he gets a crowd at his rallies. I would go!!!!!!!

The best thing about politics at the moment is that absolutely gorgeous woman who fronts for trump at the press conferences. If you are a left winger and cannot block what she is saying just turn the sound down and lust with me.

I cannot think of any woman in politics who is n the same ball park for looks. Someone good at the internet put some photos up. No wonder he gets a crowd at his rallies. I would go!!!!!!!
9832529.jpg

I’ve been stewing about this for awhile and now we have six weeks in lockdown I need something to do.

I reckon senior public servants get off scott free all the time. Politicians don’t. Let me explain.

In New York they (not merely the governor Cuomo) had a policy to send covid patients back to their nursing homes when they were still infectious. The same occurred in New Jersey. Now the known death rate by age group, from the virus, is still the rate today. We knew how lethal it was to the elderly (ie me) very early in the piece.

The governor mentioned above, who has the moniker ’killer’ in some circles, did this under advice and I reckon the real killers are the public servants that recommended such a thing or more correctly failed to give useful advice.

Our present Premier has presided over a stuff up with the quarantine but I bet you a hundred bucks the public servants who proposed the scheme and who really presided over it will never be sanctioned.

I would like to see what measures are being put in place to protect nursing homes across Victoria. Just over one in six nursing home residents in New York are now dead. People argue over what Sweden has dome but HALF their deaths are nursing home deaths. Given it was well known by the middle of February that this virus kills old people the health officials, all over the world, paid to give advice, should have set up to protect the old age homes.

I’ve been stewing about this for awhile and now we have six weeks in lockdown I need something to do.

I reckon senior public servants get off scott free all the time. Politicians don’t. Let me explain.

In New York they (not merely the governor Cuomo) had a policy to send covid patients back to their nursing homes when they were still infectious. The same occurred in New Jersey. Now the known death rate by age group, from the virus, is still the rate today. We knew how lethal it was to the elderly (ie me) very early in the piece.

The governor mentioned above, who has the moniker ’killer’ in some circles, did this under advice and I reckon the real killers are the public servants that recommended such a thing or more correctly failed to give useful advice.

Our present Premier has presided over a stuff up with the quarantine but I bet you a hundred bucks the public servants who proposed the scheme and who really presided over it will never be sanctioned.

I would like to see what measures are being put in place to protect nursing homes across Victoria. Just over one in six nursing home residents in New York are now dead. People argue over what Sweden has dome but HALF their deaths are nursing home deaths. Given it was well known by the middle of February that this virus kills old people the health officials, all over the world, paid to give advice, should have set up to protect the old age homes.
I'm pretty sure "public servants stuff up, minister is left to take responsibility" is the plot of 90% of the episodes of Yes, Minister. Nothing changes. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back