A TISM question

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting to see these quotes from tism.com, taken from some forum
I was at the event where the Tism 2011 video was taken, Leek van wants to play with Tism again Eugene and Jock were also enthusiastic and I even overheeard those 2 laughing about a Tism 2012 tour with a election bulidup and theme then they got into a lot of details about all the possibilities. Most of the other members are indiferent but are willing to play again if Ron is on board. I have no doubt that if Ron was willing or could be convinced the monmentum would be unstoppable and Tism would play again.
To hear DC tell it, he and Ron accidentally talked each other out of continuing the band. It was an "I will if you will." "I won't if you don't want to." "You don't want to. OK, we won't." thing.
But he also said Ron's a lot happier and relaxed since he doesn't have to put on the angry misanthrope persona.
Sooooo...who knows?
From my understanding from the various tidbits I've heard and people I've spoken to (or eavesdropped, hehe), there'll be no 'proper' TISM reunion without RHB and I seriously doubt that will happen. Then again, you never know.

So I guess it'd be a matter of getting Ron interested again. From what i'd heard earlier it was pretty hard to convince him to do w***er.com and de-rigourmortis, let alone the White Albun, so who knows if it could happen again. Still, after whats close to 7 years off maybe it could happen again

It seems we frequent the same forum Bomber Bears. And lifted from the same:

http://i.imgur.com/miOej.png

^^ poster (suitable for hi-res printing at A4 size or perhaps A3 without too much loss) But anyway...

TISM TISM TISM TISM DVD LAUNCH TISM TISM TISM

FRIDAY APRIL 8 2011 @ STATION59

From 8pm onwards, two disc extravaganza, three hours worth of material spanning from TISM's first ever television appearance in 1986 through to TISM's last ever in 2004.

Discs include: Live at Homebake, Live at The Club, Live on The Noise, Live on Recovery, Countdown Revolution, Under Melbourne Tonight and more!

Special features include: Interviews with Ron Hitler-Barassi, Humphrey B. Flaubert and Eugene de la Hot Croix-Bun. TISM television commercials, TISM hosting rage and the only known recording of the never-before-released anywhere TISM recording: Protest Song.

Available for purchase at STATION59, 59 Church Street Richmond. Friday April 8 2011. 8pm onwards.

I'm guessing that's the same DVD my mate picked up at JB HiFi in Shepparton last week, and rang me up last night to tell me how awesome it is(perhaps not).

And these are guys that have only just been getting into TISM recently, after I've pumped it into them for years. Spreading the TISM-jism.

OK, I am a member of the forum, some of the other members have got all their rare and other TISM video footage and the bloke who runs the ROOT! compendium is putting it together on a DVD. I was under the impression that it would be torrented but not 100% sure. I will be purchasing one when they become available to forum members.

Damien Cowell wrote a great article about p4k earlier this month:

http://thescrivenersfancy.com/visiting-scrivener/2011/03/09/my-shitness-terrifies-me-but-it-could-be-worse.aspx

Can you imagine what it’d be like to write for Pitchfork? Wandering around all day with a Marvin the Robot-sized brain? ****en torture, that’s what it’d be. Your mutant powers would turn every musical encounter into a thesis, a journey through a hellish, endlessly cross-referential, self-inverting, Proustian nightmare. Like Superman down at the boobies bar, you’d be unable to see the simple artistry of opposite rotating pasties for all the sternum and organ... But imagine being so good that you transcend subjective opinion. So good you can denounce even the music that smart people like. Imagine being the princess who can feel the pea in the smoothest mattress. Imagine seeing music like a corn flakes packet with a picture of a corn flakes packet on it, with its picture of a corn flakes packet’s picture of a corn flakes packet-brandishing corn flakes packet – yeah, that’s yer poor Pitchfork writer, deafened by internal dialogue, stumbling around as if Edvard Munch painted their head. No wonder they take it out on so many ****ers.

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems we frequent the same forum Bomber Bears. And lifted from the same:

http://i.imgur.com/miOej.png

^^ poster (suitable for hi-res printing at A4 size or perhaps A3 without too much loss) But anyway...

TISM TISM TISM TISM DVD LAUNCH TISM TISM TISM

FRIDAY APRIL 8 2011 @ STATION59

From 8pm onwards, two disc extravaganza, three hours worth of material spanning from TISM's first ever television appearance in 1986 through to TISM's last ever in 2004.

Discs include: Live at Homebake, Live at The Club, Live on The Noise, Live on Recovery, Countdown Revolution, Under Melbourne Tonight and more!

Special features include: Interviews with Ron Hitler-Barassi, Humphrey B. Flaubert and Eugene de la Hot Croix-Bun. TISM television commercials, TISM hosting rage and the only known recording of the never-before-released anywhere TISM recording: Protest Song.

Available for purchase at STATION59, 59 Church Street Richmond. Friday April 8 2011. 8pm onwards.

TISM hosting RAGE was quality viewing. I had it on VHS and now can find the bloody thing anywhere.

wow when was that from, quite a collection of stuff they've kept there.

Quality guitarist as well. It gets overlooked a bit due to the nature of the band but both him and Jock in particular were pretty damn solid musicians

wow when was that from, quite a collection of stuff they've kept there.

My guess would be around the time tism.bestoff (2002) was released as the costume worn by Blackman and Flaubert is from that era.

If anyone can help me find downloadable versions of the following videos, I'd be very appreciative.

• Shoddy & Poor
  • TISM Television Primer
  • Incontinent In Ten Continents

The guy who was in TISM's new band have an album coming and a tour to promote it.

http://thedc3.bandcamp.com/album/th...rder_and_tour_dates7_20_2011&utm_medium=email

1584515527-1.jpg

* apologies Mods, didnt see this question till now.

A good mate of mine was President of the TISM fan club for many years, an unpaid roadie with the band when they toured and now the Merchadise Manager for the offshoot band ROOT. I asked him your questions and this is his answer.

Is that Mr Devlin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back