Toast A tribute to Max Rooke

Remove this Banner Ad

DTRAIN87

Cancelled
Suspended
Mar 18, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
What a ****ing Superstar. He kept on going like the Energiser Bunny!

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Great video, brought tears to my eyes. Could watch more of him. Rooke typifies everything great about Aussie Rules and Geelong of the past few years.
Perhaps he could become a tackle coach or the sheer guts coach, or the skills coack. That point at the 25 min mark of the last quarter in the 2009 GF exemplifies him beautifully.

Craigyboy

Team Captain
Mar 28, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Top video SJ. :thumbsu:

I hope that Rookey can somehow remain either directly involved with the Club or at least associated with the Club in some capacity. He is nothing short of a hero and an inspiration to our Players and Supporters.

Gaz_Brownlow

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2007
Indonesia
AFL Club
Geelong
check out his second efforts:D would have made a terrific rugby player too, luckily we got it him

Is it any coincidence that the most popular boys name in Australia last year was Max?

Still maintain that he slightly edged Chappy out in the 09' Grand Final due to his amazing crash, bash and second efforts in a particular brutal game.

I miss him already!

TMS

All Australian
May 2, 2008
Cats' Territory
AFL Club
Geelong
Loved the reaction he got from the Geelong fans at the MCG on Friday. As he walked from the field after tossing the coin, parts of the crowd were up on their feet applauding him. Seemed to take Rooke a few moments to realise the ovation was for him, then he smiled and waved. The result? An even bigger cheer. :p

Going to miss him a lot. Already do!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was one of Captain Planets ring holders he'd be heart for sure...

I might have to change my signature on the forum for this. :thumbsu:

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Loved watching big Max and the way he played, however, my fav memory is when he was interviewed after winning the 2007 flag majorly hung over and the reporter asked him some dumbass question and he replied with "I told you I don't speak spanish"....anchorman gold!!:D

Sensational package - what a gutsy, team orientated, no nonsense player.

When he kicked the behind in the 09 GF to give us a 7 point lead, I KNEW we would not lose (didn't count on Scarlett rushing a behind for the Saints, nor did I count on Max kicking the sealer after the siren).

His best season for the Weagles was very good and I won't lie, I sat in the camp of exited to get him but concerned he could become another McIntosh. Both players were very good at their previous clubs but had severe medical issues. But if Scoot is over them and they can get him through a few more preseasons, players like him are invaluable. If he is fit and up and about he can be as good as Max Rooke. And lets be honest, who doesn't want another Maxxy?
He’s already a better player than Rooke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back