A Tribute to Robert Walls - Big Calls Based on R1 of the Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
No Hodge, no Lions.
Lions still okay but that backline is going to be weak as piss all year. Any ball coming in to a lead was marked if it didn’t go near Andrews’ man (he plays very tight) but defence isn’t about beating your man anymore it’s about the zone and Brisbane’s is rubbish. Martin played v ladhams all day, wait till Lycett comes in. Neale and Brisbane’s midfield did their usual (2 players racking up lots of ball for no damage) wait till Curnow or De boer gets hold of Neale. Mccluggage was great today however. Will be a star.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
At this time of year, I often find myself sitting back in my chair, sipping my cognac and smoking my pipe in my silk robe, smiling fondly whilst I recall Robert Walls screaming in the commentary box that it was a disgrace that St Kilda wasn't tagging Luke Hodge.

It was the 2nd quarter of the first pre-season game of the year.

Ahhh. Good times.

Anyway, although I can't ever even try to match that type of nous and astuteness - I do have some big R1 of pre-season calls to declare.

1) Rhys Shaw can't coach. He's all 'let's have some fun and have a beer and try hard', but has neglected skill.

Too much weights, not enough speedball. So to speak.

2) The Bulldogs are soft. They're gonna get bashed this year. It's going to become a hobby for opposition teams, because they don't have anyone to give a bit back. They're already being bitch slapped and doing nothing about it in R1 of the pre-season FFS!

3) Hawthorn will finish bottom 4. Just very mediocre. And they'll trade that top 3 pick next year for some injury plagued and questionable 'big name'.

That's it for now. I'm sure there'll be plenty more 'Wallsy esque' epiphanies over the weekend.

Good chat. Good chat.
Does your office have wood panneling?

Lions still okay but that backline is going to be weak as piss all year. Any ball coming in to a lead was marked if it didn’t go near Andrews’ man (he plays very tight) but defence isn’t about beating your man anymore it’s about the zone and Brisbane’s is rubbish. Martin played v ladhams all day, wait till Lycett comes in. Neale and Brisbane’s midfield did their usual (2 players racking up lots of ball for no damage) wait till Curnow or De boer gets hold of Neale. Mccluggage was great today however. Will be a star.
Oh wait, you’re serious? I thought this was a tongue in cheek thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Oh wait, you’re serious? I thought this was a tongue in cheek thread.
Deadly serious. Your mob is rubbish. Got away with a zero injury list for 2 years and even despite that a top 2 fixture will put Brisbane 8-10th. A few injuries (which will happen when the pressure comes) will push you back to bottom 6 easily.

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Happy to put some money on the line on this
Feel free to take the 1.20-1 on sportsbet I won’t be giving you any better. My opinion is you can’t defend. I’ll stick by it. If you want a piss contest or some extra cash you’re looking in the wrong place. If you get near finals you won’t win one. You’re the new north Melbourne. You should be worried. If this new Admin coaching panel *s up the talent you have by think playing finals is enough you’re in trouble. No hodge no Bris. The fact you brought in Birchall says everything.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Feel free to take the 1.20-1 on sportsbet I won’t be giving you any better. My opinion is you can’t defend. I’ll stick by it. If you want a piss contest or some extra cash you’re looking in the wrong place. If you get near finals you won’t win one. You’re the new north Melbourne. You should be worried. If this new Admin coaching panel fu**s up the talent you have by think playing finals is enough you’re in trouble. No hodge no Bris. The fact you brought in Birchall says everything.
Back us to miss the 8 at 2.70 you will win yourself a decent amount of money if you are right.

Back