A Tribute to Robert Walls - Big Calls Based on R1 of the Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadly serious. Your mob is rubbish. Got away with a zero injury list for 2 years and even despite that a top 2 fixture will put Brisbane 8-10th. A few injuries (which will happen when the pressure comes) will push you back to bottom 6 easily.
Look, I could reply with a petty insult about the state of Carlton but you’ve had it tough enough over the last 20 years so I’ll let you off the hook bud.

I appreciate your thoughts to the matter of the state of the Lions but you’re so far off the mark that it’s quite evident you have very little AFL knowledge, it’s okay, not everyone does.

If you want to engage in a topic, I’d suggest you know what you’re talking about before doing so.

Keep on keeping on champ, if you ever need to vent (You seem a little upset), my DM’s are open for ya bud.

Look, I could reply with a petty insult about the state of Carlton but you’ve had it tough enough over the last 20 years so I’ll let you off the hook bud.

I appreciate your thoughts to the matter of the state of the Lions but you’re so far off the mark that it’s quite evident you have very little AFL knowledge, it’s okay, not everyone does.

If you want to engage in a topic, I’d suggest you know what you’re talking about before doing so.

Keep on keeping on champ, if you ever need to vent (You seem a little upset), my DM’s are open for ya bud.
I’ll keep that in mind. I’m pretty sure I’m well versed on the code more than yourself I’ll bet. My opinion stands. Which is what these places are all about. I’ve always believed Brisbane went the quick route, attacking (all out) game plan. Right from the start when they should’ve built a defence first mentality. It won’t win finals. I’m happy to be proven wrong but it’s unlikely. The only existing evidence is Brisbane haven’t had injuries (11 players played every game in 2020 1st in afl - still couldn’t win a final) and they don’t defend quick inside 50s.

2) The Bulldogs are soft. They're gonna get bashed this year. It's going to become a hobby for opposition teams, because they don't have anyone to give a bit back. They're already being bitch slapped and doing nothing about it in R1 of the pre-season FFS!

I actually agree with you here. We're going to be targeted physically.

I can't wait to see teams cross the boundaries and give away free kicks and cost themselves games while we just play footy. Free kick Bulldogs is back.

At this time of year, I often find myself sitting back in my chair, sipping my cognac and smoking my pipe in my silk robe, smiling fondly whilst I recall Robert Walls screaming in the commentary box that it was a disgrace that St Kilda wasn't tagging Luke Hodge.

It was the 2nd quarter of the first pre-season game of the year.

Ahhh. Good times.

Anyway, although I can't ever even try to match that type of nous and astuteness - I do have some big R1 of pre-season calls to declare.

1) Rhys Shaw can't coach. He's all 'let's have some fun and have a beer and try hard', but has neglected skill.

Too much weights, not enough speedball. So to speak.

2) The Bulldogs are soft. They're gonna get bashed this year. It's going to become a hobby for opposition teams, because they don't have anyone to give a bit back. They're already being bitch slapped and doing nothing about it in R1 of the pre-season FFS!

3) Hawthorn will finish bottom 4. Just very mediocre. And they'll trade that top 3 pick next year for some injury plagued and questionable 'big name'.

That's it for now. I'm sure there'll be plenty more 'Wallsy esque' epiphanies over the weekend.

Good chat. Good chat.
I was staggered to see not a single Bulldogs player fly the flag for Ed Richards when he was KO'd by Williams the other night. Then I thought back to that final last year when their best player was getting tormented all day and the same thing - no remonstration whatsoever. I like the Dogs but you may be onto something here.

I was staggered to see not a single Bulldogs player fly the flag for Ed Richards when he was KO'd by Williams the other night. Then I thought back to that final last year when their best player was getting tormented all day and the same thing - no remonstration whatsoever. I like the Dogs but you may be onto something here.

Because they knew it was an accident. And it should never have been a suspension.

If Dusty instead of Williams 0% chance he does weeks.

Essendon clearly a class above West Coast. You don’t lose at your training ground and expect to get away with it.

Oh and it logically means we’ll win the premiership

Essendon clearly a class above West Coast. You don’t lose at your training ground and expect to get away with it.

Oh and it logically means we’ll win the premiership

Why does it logically mean you'll win the premiership?

You didnt beat the tigers at punt rd....

Only logical thing i got out of last night was that eagles will be wooden spooners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bryce Gibbs to bounce back and win the Brownlow. He’ll auction the medal off the same night for “charity”.

Just watching Foxtel program: Richmond - The Lost Years. Mike Sheehan is interviewing people talking about the Richmond fans abusing coaches in the early 2000's got they were unsuccessful. Somehow Walls manages to talk about Brisbanes 3peat, then goes on to mention he was at Brisbane in the 90's and was part of the 10 year rebuild and he essentially setup the Lions hattrick of premierships.

Bloke is a self-important flog that needs to disappear from the media for good.

EDIT: found it on youtube. 47:40 Mike Sheehan is talking about Richmond being desperate for success, and how Danny Frawley got sacked despite getting the club to a prelim. Listen to Walls after that...

hahhaha what an absolute tosser.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back