A Trophy for Port Adelaide Football Club in our 150th?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
I’ve looked at the AFL Competition regulations to see what happens if the season is called off. I found this:

“28. 28.1
Dr. William. C. McClelland Trophy Name & Award
The name of the perpetual trophy to be awarded to the Club that finishes in first position on Final Premiership Ladder at the end of the Home and Away Matches in each year shall be titled the "Dr. William. C. McClelland Trophy" (Trophy).

28.2 Trophy
The Trophy shall be retained at the offices of the AFL and a replica presented to the Winning Club”

Seems to me, if the season gets called off we are “the Club that finishes in first position on Final Premiership Ladder at the end of the Home and Away Matches” and we should be awarded the trophy.

Small consolation but a trophy for the cabinet in our 150th is better than none.

Now if someone can find a rule that says if there are no finals, the McClelland Trophy winner wins the flag......;)

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
10.jpg

I’ve looked at the AFL Competition regulations to see what happens if the season is called off. I found this:

“28. 28.1
Dr. William. C. McClelland Trophy Name & Award
The name of the perpetual trophy to be awarded to the Club that finishes in first position on Final Premiership Ladder at the end of the Home and Away Matches in each year shall be titled the "Dr. William. C. McClelland Trophy" (Trophy).

28.2 Trophy
The Trophy shall be retained at the offices of the AFL and a replica presented to the Winning Club”

Seems to me, if the season gets called off we are “the Club that finishes in first position on Final Premiership Ladder at the end of the Home and Away Matches” and we should be awarded the trophy.

Small consolation but a trophy for the cabinet in our 150th is better than none.

Now if someone can find a rule that says if there are no finals, the McClelland Trophy winner wins the flag......;)

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Gees...some people have no sense of humour. Look, I haven't worked out how to replace my footy fix yet so this research was least I could do. Yes, I'm in isolation.

If we end up getting the trophy, I will demand to be in the team photo and I'll be showing the bird to all you miserable humourless bastards who didn't get on board. I've even come up with a new club motto-

Port Adelaide Football Club- we exist to win premierships (except if there is no premiership, then we exist to claim whatever cheap trophy we can).

I have 11 days to go to work on a new Creed which is to apply in a season where only one game is played

The season may have finished the way we all expected, with Port top, top, top.

I have little doubt, the 2020 side will be compared to the undefeated side of 1914 in years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Look, I'll take it, but it still doesn't count as making finals.

This is very important.

Yes, we are the rightful 2020 AFL Premiers andd they should just give us the cup now, but Hinkley didn't make the finals and should fail to trigger his contract extension accordingly.

Could anyone imagine anything more Ports than Hinkley winning a trophy for playing one game, beating up the worst team of the decade?

rubbish .............we must have been watching two very different games on the weekend.

greatest ever victory!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back