Analysis A win, although not a triumph. Pies by 17 over Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

I was starting to pray for the siren to go!
Some good passages of play but not a whole lot of consistency

Now we just need the Blues to win tomorrow:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow is going to mark a dark and disturbing life event for me personally.
Tomorrow, after decades of following AFL/VFL football and for the first time in my life (and I almost just threw up in my mouth thinking about it) I am going to be barracking for Carlton to win a game of football (there you go, I just did throw up in my mouth). I hope that god has mercy on my soul.

Madgen really stood up

Mihocek is so good. We would be cactus without him.

Browny really is putting some solid games together. He has played 30 now and his consistent run is paying off

Adams had a very big second half.

Gawn still owns the ruck unfortunately but it wasnt decisive.

Greenwood's disposal is [censored in the light of concerns for player mental health]

The last quarter made me wish for the pony apocalypse. Is it coaching or the players themselves? Were they just knackered and went into survival mode? If a coach called for that, they should be fired. Now.

I am now waiting for the casualty reports, and hoping its not Gettysberg but Maynard and Sidey did look pretty proppy.

4 points. Id take that before the game given how non-ideal everything about our lineup was. Have to win the last 2 though. We need troops back, faster than we lose them. For once.

Tomorrow, after decades of following AFL/VFL football and for the first time in my life (and I almost just threw up in my mouth thinking about it) I am going to be barracking for Carlton to win a game of football (there you go, I just did throw up in my mouth). I hope that god has mercy on my soul.

I feel your pain. Don't be a hero. Manage the pain. Alcohol works. I'll be hitting the Ardberg hard.

Me too mate.its sickening isn't it. Carn the blues

Despite trying to get themselves up with over the top goal celebrations the dees were always too far back to win that.

We stopped to less than a crawl and ceased taking the game on with 10-15 remaining meaning we never looked like scoring late.

Disappointing we blew the chance to boost our percentage; 6-7 goals was the minimum we should have won by.

Percentage is going to be important to our ladder position and possibly double chance or not. Very disappointing to let them kick the last four goals of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back