Analysis A win, although not a triumph. Pies by 17 over Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

LP - nothing wrong with alternative views- it’s the incessant moaning and unfounded continuous negativity that grates.
Why should we just concede and not call it out?
No offence no spin but your inability to accept anything could be wrong at the club and all is fantastic is just as annoying as those posters who are always negative.
Some posters think everything is bad - annoying.
Some posters think everything is ok and the club should never be criticised (you) - annoying.

I think we’re trying to save our bodies from more injuries, we don’t need anymore.

That's great but if there is one constant in my footy it's that if I'm trying not to get injured I definitely get injured.

That's great but if there is one constant in my footy it's that if I'm trying not to get injured I definitely get injured.

I can only imagine how instructions to play low-risk-of-injury-footy would be delivered and received to Elliot, & Treloar:

"Boys please avoid bursts and sudden changes of direction when running. If collision impact is unavoidable try to keep it above the neck, we don't want any corkies".

I can only imagine how instructions to play low-risk-of-injury-footy would be delivered and received to Elliot, & Treloar:

"Boys please avoid bursts and sudden changes of direction when running. If collision impact is unavoidable try to keep it above the neck, we don't want any corkies".

We could have it like a pre-flight safety video.

"Today you are playing at the MCG. Subtly, every venue has a different favourite injury, and it's important you familiarise yourself with this venue's favourite injury for your body. Please consult the safety card, in your rehab area, and avoid any movements or even thoughts, that might be associated with injury. If your name is Moore, Reid, or Elliott, please report to General Anaesthetic class. Just in case."

"Your ass should be like your seatbelt, low and tight. If it isn't, get on the grass for * sake and stay there."

"In the event playing like the 4th quarter v GCS or Melbourne is required, the captain or leadership team or really anyone will call out 'play dead, play dead, play dead' It is important you follow all instructions, and dont try to take any possessions at all with you as you leave the field. Move sideways in a crablike fashion towards the exit as slowly as you can, then roll on your back like a dead insect for the cameras."

"In the event of a loss of pressure, stop looking for the masks you idiots. There aren't any. We made that s**t up. You're going to have to find some yourself."

"Your life vest is supposed to be under the seat, but due to unfortunate training injury with a lump hammer, it is now unavailable for an undisclosed period. Instead, please hold this picture of a life vest above your head. It is at least more real than our KPP reserves. Do not attempt to inflate. It finds that unsettling, much like the thought of our KPP reserves."

We thank you for flying Magpies Air, and we trust you have a pleasant experience, if slightly nauseating in retrospect a bit like the aftereffects of a McDonalds large meal deal.

It did look that way. Keep winning, limp to finals and then gear up - it almost looked like a directive, take the foot off the gas and preserve.
I think we’re trying to save our bodies from more injuries, we don’t need anymore.
I believe that is the root of the performance in the last quarter, we are simply desperate for no more injuries.

My little league coaches used to say you only get hurt if you don't go in for the ball. I bought that piece of wisdom right up until Under 17's when I stood in the way of a 15 stone rolling death machine that didn't take prisoners. Someone else took the resultant free kick

My little league coaches used to say you only get hurt if you don't go in for the ball. I bought that piece of wisdom right up until Under 17's when I stood in the way of a 15 stone rolling death machine that didn't take prisoners. Someone else took the resultant free kick
HAHA
Sounds good in theory right. Not so good in practice.

The Roughead KPD- Ruckman idea would stand-up to most teams except teams who play 2 ruckmen.

EG: WCE who have Vardy and Hickey as their ruckmen.

When Hickey/Vardy swap into the ruck and if Roughead follows him, we’ll be left with the same situation we were in the grand final.
Howe- Kennedy
Schaz - Darling

I’m sure we would prefer :
Roughead - Kennedy
Howe - Darling
Schaz - takes the resting ruckman/Allen.

No offence no spin but your inability to accept anything could be wrong at the club and all is fantastic is just as annoying as those posters who are always negative.
Some posters think everything is bad - annoying.
Some posters think everything is ok and the club should never be criticised (you) - annoying.
Great post. Except Spinny shouldn't be abused for just doing his job.
I also don't get how you think saying "No offence" at the beginning then somehow negates the fact that you proceed to call him "annoying." Does this work for people? I hear people doing it all the time. I had a strange lady come up to me just this week and say " I'm not a busy body or anything but do you mind me asking what you're doing" ... I asked her to repeat the first part of what she said because I thought I hadn't quite heard it properly... She walked away.
Anyway. No offence..and I'm not a racist but Turkish people have big noses and smelly breath.

Great post. Except Spinny shouldn't be abused for just doing his job.
I also don't get how you think saying "No offence" at the beginning then somehow negates the fact that you proceed to call him "annoying." Does this work for people? I hear people doing it all the time. I had a strange lady come up to me just this week and say " I'm not a busy body or anything but do you mind me asking what you're doing" ... I asked her to repeat the first part of what she said because I thought I hadn't quite heard it properly... She walked away.
Anyway. No offence..and I'm not a racist but Turkish people have big noses and smelly breath.
Saying No offence is a sly way to offend someone and then deny you were being offensive by saying that you said "no offence"
Yes we have big noses and big feet. What does that mean? Hint, big ...... Fair trade off as far I am concerned.
Smelly breath? Dude, we consume a kilo of garlic per person per day. What do you expect.

Jeremy Howe, I'd imagine, would go ok.

Sure, you're robbing the backline either way, but when Roughhead is up forward asking Mihocek, a 30 odd game AFL career, where to go and where to stand and that he doesn't like playing forward, surely the logical conclusion would be Howe first.

WHE at FF too where he is at his best.

But Buckley will continue the experiment on the eve of finals...The only solid key defender of the entire year both in form and injuries - play him forward... :$

Stevo, Elliott and De Goey’s best position is also FF, everyone can’t play their at once and need to take on other roles for the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saying No offence is a sly way to offend someone and then deny you were being offensive by saying that you said "no offence"
And this sh#t works on people you say? That's magic.
Damm.. I'm gonna have a field day on here now.... Every post beginning with "No offence" from now on. We better stop talking about it though otherwise mods might catch on.

And this sh#t works on people you say? That's magic.
Damm.. I'm gonna have a field day on here now.... Every post beginning with "No offence" from now on. We better stop talking about it though otherwise mods might catch on.
No offence, but the mods are too stupid to catch on.

This may have been my last post on BF.

Yes we have big noses and big feet. What does that mean? Hint, big ...... Fair trade off as far I am concerned.
Smelly breath? Dude, we consume a kilo of garlic per person per day. What do you expect.

I think this insult can only be resolved by oil wrestling.

In was 6 foot six and a hundred kilos by 16 so I probably was the death machine. I was slow though so you had about an hour to make the choice.

I know it means nothing now, but do the AFL seriously expect us to buy that the video review on Checkers goal wasn’t a complete fu** up? They 100% watched the wrong clip. Fox footy feeding us lies that the ball was touched? No it wasn’t. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn the goal umpires’ call of a goal.

They showed then correct footage later in the game and the footy definitely came of the arm of Brayshaw. Point was the correct call.

Missing the point really - wrong vision was shown - just another example of the imbecility of goal review system.

In a word

Embarrassing - any other sport in the world would put up with it - yet the AFL continues to try and justify its pathetic implementation of what should be an assist for umpires and crowd alike.

Wrong vision was shown to us, how do we know what the VR looked at in coming to their conclusion?

He definitely showed some encouraging signs. Good for him. The club obviously has faith in him as they continue to pick him after he has struggled in other games.

I have faith in him, just think we're crucifying him playing him as a KPD. Needs a 3rd tall role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back