A Wink from the Universe- Martin Flanagan's 2016 Bulldogs Book

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI. Peter Gordon has also personally commissioned (wrote and laid out) a huge coffee table book called "The Stadium Holds It's Breath!" ...which he is only giving out to WBFC staff. Looks like a cracker, pity we can't get a copy. It includes images from WB staff's personal stories and iphone images etc. of the GF week and day from many angles.

FYI. Peter Gordon has also personally commissioned (wrote and laid out) a huge coffee table book called "The Stadium Holds It's Breath!" ...which he is only giving out to WBFC staff. Looks like a cracker, pity we can't get a copy. It includes images from WB staff's personal stories and iphone images etc. of the GF week and day from many angles.
Hopefully its real title is "The Stadium Holds Its Breath"...

It's now the mission of this board to get hold of a copy or at least upload images from it. All you blokes with access to the inner sanctum, we're relying on you.

b5a4607a36b9090014f2e0126e8bbc67.jpg

The post has been liked by Chad Wingard, very interesting.
Player likes one of the greatest sporting journalists of our generation providing his take on one of the great sporting stories in Australian history.

Yup, Wingard signed sealed and delivered to dogs in 2019. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read another book written by Martin, "Southern Sky. Western Oval." It was on the Dogs 1993 season, and Terry Wheeler commisioned Martin to write the book and spend the 1993 season at the dogs. Wheels believed the Dogs would win the flag that year, after making the prelim. the year before. The book provided a useful insight into Terry, both as a man and as a coach. I have just read the Jelena Dokic book "Unbreakable," and could not put it down, brutally honest, fantastic read. Very much looking forward to reading "A Wink from the Universe."

I read another book written by Martin, "Southern Sky. Western Oval." It was on the Dogs 1993 season, and Terry Wheeler commisioned Martin to write the book and spend the 1993 season at the dogs. Wheels believed the Dogs would win the flag that year, after making the prelim. the year before. The book provided a useful insight into Terry, both as a man and as a coach. I have just read the Jelena Dokic book "Unbreakable," and could not put it down, brutally honest, fantastic read. Very much looking forward to reading "A Wink from the Universe."
Dokics father is crime

Player likes one of the greatest sporting journalists of our generation providing his take on one of the great sporting stories in Australian history.

Yup, Wingard signed sealed and delivered to dogs in 2019. :)

Let’s head over to Insane Predictions shall we

*SPOILER*
A few extracts were released the other day on The Age. This one about Libba was quite amusing

Tom Liberatore has forgotten his boots. Bulldog equipment manager Jayden Shea spots him rummaging through the spare boots case. ''I’ll just wear someone else’s,'' he says. ''You definitely won’t,'' says Shea who has a decisive edge about him. Under the anti-gambling rules, Libba has handed in his phone. They have to retrieve the phone to find the number of Libba’s housemate. Shea rings the housemate and directs him on a search of Libba’s room. Having unearthed two pairs of boots, the housemate is directed to call Uber and get a car to bring him and the boots to the MCG pronto. And that is how Libba’s boots, which play a big part in the afternoon’s events, arrive at the ground.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ith-the-western-bulldogs-20180214-p4z08y.html

Will these be available in bookstores, or just through the club?
For those who can't get down to the club or family day it is available at the usual on-line bookstores (Amazon, Dymocks, Angus & Robertson, Book Depository, etc).

The cheapest I saw - and have just ordered - is $26.87 paperback through Fishpond including free delivery Australia wide. RRP is $39.54.

Note the RRP, Fossie 32! (Would have been nice if they could have dropped it to $16.54 as an opening special.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back