A Yank on The Footy....New episodes EVERY week. An American take on the greatest game on the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

OhioCatsfan

Host - ayankonthefooty.com
Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong

OhioCatsfan

Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
A baker's dozen previews in the books - Roos, Hawks and Pies to come later this week.
GWS and Adelaide being recorded soon.
Power
Dockers
Blues
Saints
Dees
Eagles
Bulldogs
Lions
Swans
Tigers
Suns #235 - A Yank on the Footy - Gold Coast Suns preview with Grandsun
Bombers #236 - A Yank on the Footy - Essendon preview with Scott and Grant from the Lunchtime Catch-up Podast
Cats 237 - A Yank on the Footy - Geelong Cats preview with Jake Bowtell of Chaps Chat Cats show

I will also be releasing a series of episodes next week, on why NFL fans would love the AFL. Here's a link. #223 - A Yank on the Footy - Introducing my “Why NFL fans will love the AFL” series I've been speaking with Australian NFL fans and American footy fans on how the footprint of the game can grow here in the United States.

OhioCatsfan

Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
Here's a googledoc with links to all 18 preview episodes, and the first 4 episodes of the "Why NFL fans will LOVE the AFL" episodes. Two more on the way, including a great chat with Darren Bennett.
Preview document

OhioCatsfan

Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
It has been a bit since I posted here, but the podcast is still rolling along. I sat down with Brasilian super fan, Paulo Sanchotene (Port Adelaide) to discuss his love of footy recently. Here is a link. #271 - A Yank on the Footy - A chat with Brasilian footy fan, Paulo Sanchotene

Later this week, I'll be releasing my chat with former VFL/AFL historian Col Hutchinson. (I'll also be starting my "Most memorable game" series of interviews soon. If you're interested in sharing your most memorable game, reach out at ayankonthefooty@gmail.com or ayankonthefooty.com!

OhioCatsfan

Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
Episodes 290 and 291 of A Yank on the Footy are now out!
In episode 290, I previewed the Grand Final with both a Magpies and Lions supporter from the Virginia Lions of the USAFL. It is available both as a podcast and on Youtube.

In episode 291, I sat down with Myk Aussie from Mykaussie.tv and Edmonton Cricket TV to preview the big game. It is also available as a podcast and on youtube.

I hope you'll check them out, and subscribe to my youtube channel, and my website's mailing list!

OhioCatsfan

Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
Humbled that so many people hold the #Podcast in such regard. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can when I make my 1st (of hopefully many) trips to Australia next footy season. I am looking forward to BIG things in 2024! Looking to continue to grow the show even more in 24! I hope you will consider checking out my website over at A Yank on the Footy Cheers!

2023Wrapped_square (1).png
2023Wrapped_square (2).png

OhioCatsfan

Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong

OhioCatsfan

Sep 18, 2019
Sandusky Ohio
AFL Club
Geelong
Hello everyone!
10 of my 2024 AFL preview episodes have been released! Another five have been recorded, and I'm conducting the Crows interview tomorrow. (GWS and Geelong coming very soon.)

I'm linking a concise list of the previews in a new blog post from my website, Ayankonthefooty.com.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back