A Yank on The Footy....New episodes EVERY week. An American take on the greatest game on the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 15 has been published. In this episode, I dig into the news of the past week, and explore what footy might look like when (and if) it comes back this year.

Episode 23 In this episode, I dig into the topics discussed during a recent FoxFooty Podcast with David King, Leigh Montagna and Nick Dal Santo on how to increase the AFL's revenue, as they try to recover from the devestating financial impact of Covid-19.

Episodes 35 and 36 of A Yank on the Footy have been released over the last two nights. In these episodes, I sat down to talk with Ricky Ettridge and Ricky Logan of the Sandown Cobras, and the hosts of the CobraCast with The Prez and VP Podcast. A very funny discussion. EXPLICIT CONTENT!!!

Episode 35
Episode 36

I hope you enjoy them, and hope you'll consider sharing a link with your friends.

Episode 40 of A Yank on the Footy has been released. In this episode, I discuss what might have been the best game of the season, as well as whether or not the Magpies can handle another injury. I hope you'll consider giving it a listen, and share it with your friends and family.

Episode 42, my talk with Darwin based Footy reporter, Jackson Clark has been released. I hope you'll consider giving it a listen, and possibly share it with your friends.

Episode 49 of A Yank on the Footy has just been released. In this episode, I dig into the final round of the fixture, as well as a preview of the finals. I am also reaching out to you because I am hoping to hear from people that might want to share their fondest (or worst) finals memories. More information in the episode, and in the show notes.

Episode 56 of A Yank on the Footy has been released. In this episode, I look back at this weekend's Grand Final, and how I think Dusty Martin is bit like a scary movie. I also say my farewell to one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Episode 59 of A Yank on the Footy has been released. In this episode, I sit down with the three hosts of the "Where Do We Begin" podcast, and discuss their club's trade period. I'm in the process of interviewing supporters of as many clubs as possible, so if you'd like to talk about your club's trade period and draft prospects, shoot me a note on my twitter. @Yank_on

Episode 62 has been released. In this episode, I talk with Peter Holden of Womens Australian Rules Football (WARF) Radio. We discuss how the station got it's start, and how they're now operating a grant program to help a female footy announcer acquire gear necessary to help call women's games at any level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 59 of A Yank on the Footy has been released. In this episode, I sit down with the three hosts of the "Where Do We Begin" podcast, and discuss their club's trade period. I'm in the process of interviewing supporters of as many clubs as possible, so if you'd like to talk about your club's trade period and draft prospects, shoot me a note on my twitter. @Yank_on

Just stumbled on to this thread.... and firstly to put it on the table ..I have not listed to your podcasts... as someone who lives within walking distance of Cattery .. how did you decided on Geelong to support. ?

Love to talk but I dont do twitter of facebook.. Cats trading away their picks etc... why not drop into the geelong thread..you will certainly get a wide range of opinions and thoughts.

I see Indians and Browns as you other teams ... Indians... how long before that is changed I wonder... all I know about them is Major League so probably zilich.

Just stumbled on to this thread.... and firstly to put it on the table ..I have not listed to your podcasts... as someone who lives within walking distance of Cattery .. how did you decided on Geelong to support. ?

Love to talk but I dont do twitter of facebook.. Cats trading away their picks etc... why not drop into the geelong thread..you will certainly get a wide range of opinions and thoughts.

I see Indians and Browns as you other teams ... Indians... how long before that is changed I wonder... all I know about them is Major League so probably zilich.
Fell in love with the game a little over 4 years ago. Over the subsequent year, I had to figure out which team I was going to support. I narrowed it down to really two clubs, Brisbane and Geelong. I decided upon supporting the Cats. (Episode 1 does a much better job of telling the story. :) )

Tonight's live episode, has been released! I hope you enjoy it, and will consider sharing it with your friends. In this episode, I put forth one of the most bizarre analogies I've ever used, along with paying homage to all of Australia during this very important week. I hope you'll consider sharing the episode. Don't forget that you can find much more info about the podcast at ayankonthefooty.com https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pfjta-1014c18

Ep 90, my interview with Neroli Meadows has been released. An absolutely wonderful conversation, with someone who helped me develop my understanding of the game. I hope you enjoy it, and will consider sharing it with your friends. Podcast Episode Link

Wednesday morning at 10, A Yank on the Footy Podcast will be going live. Here is the link to the live episode. As always, you can leave a voicemail on my website, ayankonthefooty.com If you join the show live, you can join the discussion. You'll only need to put your name and email address in the comment box, which allows me to send a link directly to you. If you come on, you'll want to have some sort of earbuds during he course of the conversation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back