Remove this Banner Ad

TheNextPicken

He can go on the left
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Rangers
Hi everyone, just thought I'd take the time and put my Bigfooty account to good use (finally!) and share with you a thread to link all our episodes from our Post-Season Review episodes and the episodes down the track (Like Jordan Belfort in Wolf of Wall Street, we ain't *in' leaving!).

Below I'll drop the links to all the teams we've covered over the off-season, so far we've done North Melbourne, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Adelaide - we've also recorded episodes about Hawthorn, Carlton and Richmond and they'll be released soon.

We love what sort of fan base we've got at the present time and all we can do is hope to spread our love and passion for the game far and wide to as many people as we can get, we hope to get a bit of feedback as well (hopefully pleasant), so don't be afraid to drop a line down below either - if it's good enough, we might even read it out on the podcast live.

Take care,
Doc.

We'll kick off with the side that finished as the wooden spooners this year in North Melbourne. We tackle the good, the bad, who the boys have rated MVP and most improved, what they need for next year, and an overall rating for the year that was for the Roos.

Up next, we had the team that finished 17th in Collingwood!

The Pies went through a lot of turmoil across 2021, including a racism scandal, president step down, coach hand over and most frustratingly, a bottom four finish. The boys take a look at the good and the bad of the year that was for the Pies.

Here we have the Gold Coast Suns, who despite finishing 16th, showed a bit more fight in some of their results, particularly towards the back end of the season, this is despite a crippling injury list and a breakout season from one of our personal favourite players.

Here in 15th, we've got the Adelaide Crows, or Crom as we have come to know and love this year. After finishing the year as the wooden spooners in 2020, Matthew Nicks' second season in charge saw them improve slightly, recording some sensational wins along the way, as well as tackling the bad, the MVP, the most improved and what they need for next year.

I'll bunch these two together, as they were some of most listened to episodes of the year, but we've got our Grand Final Preview and Review - Our preview covers the match-ups with a bit of depth and also the fallout from the Brownlow Medal, including my best and worst-on the red carpet, which has become an A3 staple over the years.

Our review episode (as much as I didn't really want to), ran through a review of the match, which is then followed by the beginning of the off-season free agency and trade period, by picking up the latest news and rumours.

Our latest one was released the day after the Trade Period.

The boys take a look at all the deals that have been done over the past week. We also discuss the deals that didn't get done, and what made them fall apart.

Just uploaded today, we've got our season review of Hawthorn, who finished in 14th amidst a season that saw more kids blooded and coaching handover that we could only describe as catastrophic. But still, the boys give their take on the good and the bad, whilst highlighting the best and most improved and what they need for 2022.

There was much to be talked about in our latest season review, as we talk about the good, the bad and the (mostly) ugly of Carlton in 2021.

Up next in the season reviews, we've got Alex Miller's mob, the Richmond Tigers, who fell massively into 12th this year after three premierships in four years. For Miller, no one is safe, whilst Cat and myself try to find some of the more positives to their year.

We've got Fremantle up next folks! A side that we were all optimistic about heading into this year and finished 11th, despite an injury-plagued year, but the off-season acquisitions and their draft hand has us all very optimistic.

Our latest episode has dropped, with the boys taking a look at the Saints' season that was - Semi finalists in 2020, dropping back to 10th in 2021, the boys take a look at what went wrong this season, as well as searching for the positives in a down year.

We're closing in on the final eight in the season review series, but before we do that, we're going to take a look at the side that finished just outside the eight in West Coast. As always, we tackle the good, the bad, the players that impressed us and what they need heading into 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys have taken a short break of our season reviews and with the draft coming up tomorrow, we discuss who will go where in the first round in our AFL Draft Preview, as well as some chaps to look out for.

The 2021 AFL National Draft wrapped up last night, and the boys have ranked every team's haul from first to last. There's some surprise selections (especially from Cat), so be sure to listen in to see who the boys thought did the best and worst.

It's the one Alex Catalano has been waiting for, with the boys reviewing the Bombers' season in 2021. With a new coach in Ben Rutten and an influx of top 10 draft picks, the boys take a look at how they saw Essendon's year pan out.

Up next in our season reviews, we've got Greater Western Sydney - a side that bounced back into the Finals this year after a very disappointing 2020.

Up next in our season reviews are the Sydney Swans, a side that all three of us chaps grew increasingly fond of as the year progressed, despite a disappointing first week exit in the Finals Series.

Up next in our season review series we've got my team the Western Bulldogs - we tackle the best from their year and some small concerns heading into 2022.

With the AFLW season less than a week away, the lads and I managed to chat with Gold Coast Suns' midfielder Jamie Stanton about all things footy, from her recovery from an ankle injury to the new coach, the new recruits and a stitch-up or two along the way, it's a beauty of an episode!

Hi all, been a hot minute around here for me, but as the AFLW season is kicking on, so are we here at the A3 Footy Podcast.

OUR MEGA AFLW SEASON PREVIEW EPISODE:

ROUND 1 REVIEW:

ROUND 2 REVIEW:

AFLW Round 3 Review and Round 4 Preview
With mid-week chaos all over the competition, the boys take a look back at the big talking points out of Round 3 before giving their tips and a look into tonight's team selection in the top of the table Collingwood and Fremantle clash.

ROUND 4 AFLW REVIEW:

It may be just Cat and Doc this week, but the boys are here to break down some of the round's biggest topics once again. We touch on Kiara Bowers' suspension, what it means for the Dockers and the League B&F, Port Adelaide's recent list management appointment and what it means for the Crows, and much more including the regular segments this week.

ROUND 5 REVIEW/ROUND 6 PREVIEW

It's just Doc and Miller this week tackling a huge round of AFLW action before looking ahead to the next. The boys touch on the undefeated Crows plus the Blues issues, while going through all your favourite regular segments.

ROUND 6 REVIEW/ROUND 7 PREVIEW

The boys are all back together, and Doc is up and about after watching the Bulldogs win on the road for the first time in three years. We also discuss how the Saints can earn their first win, while also looking at the 'never say die' Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back