Autopsy AAMI A Power Cauldron

Remove this Banner Ad

I was searching the net and found this historic article. It's close to 10 years since and who knows how long it'll take for the stink to wash off.

AAMI A Power Cauldron

"THE Port Adelaide Football Club is looking to turn AAMI Stadium into a ‘Power Cauldron’ in 2010."

“The club has taken this on board and is tackling the problem of how we can add to the atmosphere at the stadium, providing a better experience for our supporters, and also making it more intimidating for visiting teams."

"Initiatives the club is adopting include:

- Further revamped entrances and ground branding on the outside of the venue

- More fan engagement outside and inside the Stadium

- Large ‘Back-in-Black’ guernsey themed covers over 12 underutilised seating bays

- Use of ‘The Hanger’ for post-match events to cater for more Power members"

Sorry.

Now the gloss is coming off Port in general I can still say I hated AAMI Stadium for reasons not related to how we were going. Since I don't buy food or drink at AO, my only real lament is losing The Gameday Village. Otherwise it's still convenient to get to, better located, better for doing things before and after games and a better Stadium to watch at and facilities. Just need a new coach to get it back to it's best.

I was searching the net and found this historic article. It's close to 10 years since and who knows how long it'll take for the stink to wash off.

AAMI A Power Cauldron

"THE Port Adelaide Football Club is looking to turn AAMI Stadium into a ‘Power Cauldron’ in 2010."

“The club has taken this on board and is tackling the problem of how we can add to the atmosphere at the stadium, providing a better experience for our supporters, and also making it more intimidating for visiting teams."

"Initiatives the club is adopting include:

- Further revamped entrances and ground branding on the outside of the venue

- More fan engagement outside and inside the Stadium

- Large ‘Back-in-Black’ guernsey themed covers over 12 underutilised seating bays

- Use of ‘The Hanger’ for post-match events to cater for more Power members"

Sorry.
Any supporters not renewing their membership should remember that if it wasn't for Kenny Hinkley we'd still be playing at Footy Park in front of more tarps than supporters.

Free advertising at worst.

Look at Melbourne games at the MCG you could put tarps over the whole top deck of the Southern Stand yet no one ever mentions their crap attendances.

I think if its not a predicted good crowd then they should close sections of the ground then open them as required.

Looks better on tv too.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free advertising at worst.

Look at Melbourne games at the MCG you could put tarps over the whole top deck of the Southern Stand yet no one ever mentions their crap attendances.

I think if its not a predicted good crowd then they should close sections of the ground then open them as required.

Looks better on tv too.

That was the crowd Hawthorn attracted against us in 2004 at the MCG when we were flying and they were seven shades of s**t.

It was never mentioned as a bad crowd.

We get s**t from everyone if we drop below 40k against any club but the Vic clubs get a free pass.

The tarps were s**t, looked s**t, and were entirely our fault.

That was the crowd Hawthorn attracted against us in 2004 at the MCG when we were flying and they were seven shades of s**t.

It was never mentioned as a bad crowd.

We get s**t from everyone if we drop below 40k against any club but the Vic clubs get a free pass.

The tarps were s**t, looked s**t, and were entirely our fault.
Exactly. Its all just sh*t vic media talk.

Unfortunately thats all we hear.

Wonder if Ben Cousins is W Rioli's supplier?

My favourite thing about Ben Cousins was being at a party in Newcastle and he walked in and introduced himself by saying “Day 5 is better than Day 4 boys”.

Rioli’s “alleged” drug was at the opposite end of the drug spectrum and he wouldn’t be able to keep up with Cousins.

I still think the tarps got a bad rep. I bet any other club doing it would have been seen as innovative.
It was a great idea, poorly executed, as AAMI was a s**t hole for it.

They effectively have advertising 'tarps' at Marvel, Twenty Twenty Pie Seats.

Last edited:
My favourite thing about Ben Cousins was being at a party in Newcastle and he walked in and introduced himself by saying “Day 5 is better than Day 4 boys”.

Rioli’s “alleged” drug was at the opposite end of the drug spectrum and he wouldn’t be able to keep up with Cousins.
Cuzz is a big test cricket fan

I still think the tarps got a bad rep. I bet any other club doing it would have been seen as innovative.
Brisbane literally has about 5 bays closed behind the interchange benches for a digital billboard (the Gabba is the only stadium in the AFL with the benches opposite the broadcast wing) and they got a good response from it. The hypocrisy.

The tarps were just peak Port being the butt of all jokes as internet and meme culture exploded in to the mainstream society coinciding with us being at our lowest ebb.

Remember the Port vs The Bye? It is funny and it's a well made video, but I have never ever seen another club have one made for them, none of the s**t teams before or after. It's a complete perfect storm. The stars won't align like that again.

Farken Ports things.

Last edited:
Nah Cuzz likes ice

Interesting fact I learnt yesterday in a docco:
German Army during Blitzkrieg early years were fuelled by Crystal Meth.
It was the only way they could move so rapidly on the front and continue to fight beyond exhaustion.

Explains Cousins to a tee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back