Autopsy AAMI Community Series, 2022: Essendon v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the VFL write up was noticeably lukewarm compared to the usual. Maybe Jake Batchelor has decided to move away from the always rosy optimism, or maybe everyone played pretty badly.
Where was that? I looked for it after reading someone else mention it a day or two ago and didnā€™t find it and no sign again just now.

Of course hayes wasnt brilliant
His level is very very good sanfl
He is versatile around the ground, he will get beaten in the ruck at afl level, but watch him when the balls hit the ground, he is off running and quietly covers everywhere

Can go down back and forward
Will need time

Spewing about clark
Bloke cant take a trick atm
Bartender down the pub ( I live in SA),...has said several times now we have got a ripper in Hayes...best player in the SANFL for the last 4 years in his opinion!

I liked what I saw in the game, mostly in the first half or so when our midfield actually won clearances. Itā€™s pretty common knowledge that itā€™s our midfield holding us back (I reckon our forward and back lines are actually really solid.)

It could be great policy for us to inject a little bit of youthful energy in there a la Melbourne or Port Adelaide by giving Mitchy Owens a run in there round 1. Obviously if Bytel is fit he walks in and hopefully makes it his own (reckon heā€™ll be an absolute bull) but even with him in there I honestly think itā€™s too same same with Crouch-Steele-Ross. Jones is huuuge in mixing us up but not sure when heā€™s back. The ideal atm is probably Ronnie who has got some serious silkiness but how does he go in contest/with bodywork?

If we get midfield competitive weā€™re definitely making finals imo. Itā€™s why Ryder is numero uno in importance and Jones a close second. Hope they play most games this year

I liked what I saw in the game, mostly in the first half or so when our midfield actually won clearances. Itā€™s pretty common knowledge that itā€™s our midfield holding us back (I reckon our forward and back lines are actually really solid.)

It could be great policy for us to inject a little bit of youthful energy in there a la Melbourne or Port Adelaide by giving Mitchy Owens a run in there round 1. Obviously if Bytel is fit he walks in and hopefully makes it his own (reckon heā€™ll be an absolute bull) but even with him in there I honestly think itā€™s too same same with Crouch-Steele-Ross. Jones is huuuge in mixing us up but not sure when heā€™s back. The ideal atm is probably Ronnie who has got some serious silkiness but how does he go in contest/with bodywork?

If we get midfield competitive weā€™re definitely making finals imo. Itā€™s why Ryder is numero uno in importance and Jones a close second. Hope they play most games this year
Agree with that. If Battle can hold his spot and play good footy then it will be hard to crack a game in the backline. Paton probably wont get a spot early doors. Forward line potentially can be huge especially if Sharman gets a game, takes marks and can kick 1 or 2 every week and Gresh back from injury. Team is capable capable of kicking 14 goals a game. Midfield the concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back