Preview AAMI Community Series - Game 1, 2021: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 4th March, 7:10PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 91.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Hunter is the Marshall replacement. He’s a ruck/forward not a forward/ruck. McKernan fits that bill but what is his form like?
If we go with Wood for Marshall then who plays 20% ruck time? Maybe Howard when the ball is back and King forward with a fill in for centre bounces

Have we heard what is wrong with the Gresh

I'm assuming that the "Behavioural Awareness Officers" will be relabelled as "COVID-Marshalls", with draconian powers to deal with any exuberance or excessive barracking inside the Marvel precinct ...

lubekilda.gif

Why do peoplee nominate Mason Woods for the ruck? Are they thinking of Mason Cox? Because Woods is not a ruckman.

Why do peoplee nominate Mason Woods for the ruck? Are they thinking of Mason Cox? Because Woods is not a ruckman.
Either is Mason Cox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most of us don't want King doing centre bounce work, saw that Battle didn't offer much last year in the ruck and are worried McKernan wont get up.
Combine that with the loss of structure sending a KPD in there leaves us with Wood or Hunter the latter of which wasnt brilliant last week.

That leaves good old Mason, who I agree probably wont offer much either but would be nice to see if he is willing to through his body in there for 5min a qtr.

The new standing the mark rule is pathetic. Gill the dill has to go.

I think the rule is fine, but the penalty (ie a 50) is the bit that makes it insane.

Just make it a 25m penalty and tell the umps to only penalise guys moving on the mark while trying to affect the play.
Crisis solved.

I think the rule is fine, but the penalty (ie a 50) is the bit that makes it insane.

Just make it a 25m penalty and tell the umps to only penalise guys moving on the mark while trying to affect the play.
Crisis solved.
It will be interesting to see what happens. If it increases goal scoring, brilliant. If coaches react and make it worse, less so!

Crisis solved.

“Professional Foul” to slow the play should be 25m

Roughing up, tunnelling, late hits, etc deserve 50m

My 5c

Crisis solved.

Surely you’re joking, that would require common sense.

It’s as bad when someone accidentally runs through the protected area past the player with the ball without any intent to interfere with the play. That really bugs me.
50m is just a YUGE penalty!

Crisis solved.
Agree. I reckon they need to be allowed one step in any direction from the mark to man the mark with some enthusiasm. Watching Lonie cement himself to the spot and wave his arms around was cringe worthy.

It will be interesting to see what happens. If it increases goal scoring, brilliant. If coaches react and make it worse, less so!
We don’t want to see soft penalty goals like that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back