Autopsy AAMI Community Series - Game 1, 2021: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said

I think the attack is pretty potent. Good spread of goal kickers. Some real run and dash.

I feel uneasy about the defence though. It's leaking and it leaks pretty easily. I think we need to adjust that or teams like Geelong will continue to smash us.
Hard to defend in that type of game. I can bet the first round is nothing like the practice round. There will be so much more pressure and more defensive tactics. I’m still taking little notice of the game whether good or bad. Obviously you have to take notice of some players form otherwise you can’t pick a side.

Two wrongs don’t make it right though if they suspend Williams to me that’s the precedent so they must keep going. If they don’t suspend Williams the long one is just an error. For the sake of the game we do need to stop any hits to head but also state of the game I don’t like the tribunal guessing
Surely the Long one must go down as a precedent and not an error.

I say that because it was appealed and that gave the AFL a perfect opportunity to treat it as an error. Instead they “doubled down” on it being an offence worthy of a suspension.

As such Williams must go.

It’s the AFL’s interpretation and they need to apply it consistently.

Surely the Long one must go down as a precedent and not an error.

I say that because it was appealed and that gave the AFL a perfect opportunity to treat it as an error. Instead they “doubled down” on it being an offence worthy of a suspension.

As such Williams must go.

It’s the AFL’s interpretation and they need to apply it consistently.

I think and hope it was an error. There have been plenty of times that decision could have been applied. There was no change of rules before that happened so maybe they had enough of Longs stupidity. Like I said im happy for them to look after the head. Its vital but guessing what could have happened isnt the way to go iMO. No injury so suspension. Injury and suspension. People who say the action is all that matters better tell the courts because the result decides the penalty in court. All I know is Williams getting suspended doesnt help our club or make me feel better over Longs suspension.

I think and hope it was an error. There have been plenty of times that decision could have been applied. There was no change of rules before that happened so maybe they had enough of Longs stupidity. Like I said im happy for them to look after the head. Its vital but guessing what could have happened isnt the way to go iMO. No injury so suspension. Injury and suspension. People who say the action is all that matters better tell the courts because the result decides the penalty in court. All I know is Williams getting suspended doesnt help our club or make me feel better over Longs suspension.

Couldn’t give a rats about Williams or long, all I care about is that if you commit a reportable offence you get reported.

Williams did so end of argument imo.

Two wrongs don’t make it right though if they suspend Williams to me that’s the precedent so they must keep going. If they don’t suspend Williams the long one is just an error. For the sake of the game we do need to stop any hits to head but also state of the game I don’t like the tribunal guessing
Yes, true. I prefer they just make the one bad decision.

Couldn’t give a rats about Williams or long, all I care about is that if you commit a reportable offence you get reported.

Williams did so end of argument imo.
He will probably be reported The question is it a suspension or reprimand. I’m hoping a reprimand as I was with long last season. I don’t think anyone has said it’s not reportable.

Hard to defend in that type of game. I can bet the first round is nothing like the practice round. There will be so much more pressure and more defensive tactics. I’m still taking little notice of the game whether good or bad. Obviously you have to take notice of some players form otherwise you can’t pick a side.
I was worried last season in many games, as to how easy it was for the opposition to get the ball out of our forward half and move it up the ground too easy. I saw a bit of that again the other night. Some of the forwards and even the midfield, need to own the ball a bit better when it is in dispute. It puts a lot of pressure on the defence to have a fast movement of the ball coming down the field at you. The game was a shootout, but our defensive side or lack of, was a bit of a concern even for a practice match.

I was worried last season in many games, as to how easy it was for the opposition to get the ball out of our forward half and move it up the ground too easy. I saw a bit of that again the other night. Some of the forwards and even the midfield, need to own the ball a bit better when it is in dispute. It puts a lot of pressure on the defence to have a fast movement of the ball coming down the field at you. The game was a shootout, but our defensive side or lack of, was a bit of a concern even for a practice match.
Maybe. I’m prepared to see a real game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. I’m prepared to see a real game.
It must be hard on the coaching staff to prepare the team when you have limited amount of preseason games to test the team in different scenarios.
Anyway with our backline I feel it is capable to restrict most forward lines , just having Howard , Wilkie , Coffield and
Sinclair is set to be joined by Seb Ross and Hunter Clark in rotating between half-back and the midfield this season so we have the class and talent to be a force.
Also having Webster , Long , Carlisle , Highmore and Frawley we are not lacking for depth.

That is Wilkie, he is our version and just like those two, is AA bound. Plays on various heights of forwards, reads the ball well, disposes the ball well and is a leader. That is Wilkie.
We need a Dylan Grimes/Tom Stewart type player in the backline. Until then we’ll always have issues defensively IMO.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Paton & Roberton gone for the season & Frawley & Geary out for a long stretch & Marshall's foot a bit of an unknown on timeframe. Will we top up the list again? And who is out there? that might be worth putting on the list. Oscar McDonald anyone, lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back