Preview AAMI Community Series - Pies v Tigers Fri March 5th 7:25pm (Teams Page 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to congratulate some of our newer posters for making this the worst pre season game day thread in my time on Big Footy.

Maybe it’s just the idiocy of Gen Y, who can say for sure?

It’s easy to bag players, much harder to offer a considered opinion.

Take care Warriors

Don't know why you bother mate. They are the type of people who are looking for people to respond to them. Just ignore the flogs.

Real tough game to break down.

I’ll start with the rough to get it out of the way. We are carrying the weakest bottom 6 into a season since 04-05 based on the makeup of tonight’s team. It was a very dark night for WHE, C Brown and Madgen in particular. Major difference is the top line is much better than that squad.

Our forward line will be fine in 2021 if we can reduce the horrible half back turnovers. I considered counting them at one point, but couldn’t be arsed. Those turnovers inside 70 of our defensive goal basically set the game up for Richmond. No doubt there pressure played a part, but some of the ball use was sub VFL level. Hitting a target from half back to wing can be a 12 point turnaround and if we broke it down I reckon tonight would have been our highest in some time (that’s including last years blowouts).

The scoreline flattered us in the end, but I’m not all that down on the overall performance. That ball use off half back will improve. Whether it’s round 1 or a little later there’ll be a point where we bolster the middle with both Steele and Adams. Sier was better second up. As was Cox. Quaynor looked solid, but we saw how high the bars been set tonight by Short so it’ll take time. De Goey had a very bright midfield performance. Elliott and JT were both clean with the limited opportunities they had. Lastly the defensive group held up well in the face of 64 I50’s with plenty of those as mentioned from turnovers where you’d normally lock a goal in.

Richmond looked sharp and every bit the two time reigning premier so to stick with them even if it was on their terms was a solid enough outcome.

Don't know why you bother mate. They are the type of people who are looking for people to respond to them. Just ignore the flogs.
You are right. Just can’t resist fighting back against the then.

You are right. Just can’t resist fighting back against the then.

I've learnt not to go into gameday threads. They have been really bad the last few years. It's just bagging players non stop. Sorry but the people who say that's passion or they have the right because they are a member that's horse s**t.

I've learnt not to go into gameday threads. They have been really bad the last few years. It's just bagging players non stop. Sorry but the people who say that's passion or they have the right because they are a member that's horse sh*t.
I normally don’t post during the game, but just felt like it tonight. Have some new friends to talk to now...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, what we are saying is the truth?

Thank you. better late than never.
You classify it as the worst. A poster asks me to consider rehab.
Why?
I would suggest that poster asked that question to hurt, and to show off. Is that the poster’s worst or truth?

Is it who they really are?

I apologize if I was negative this evening.

My patience is wearing thin with Buckley as coach and watching the same flaws that engulf the team year after year. Unless I see substantial improvement, the pressure toward him will rightfully intensify throughout the year.
I hadn't noticed your negativity amongst all the other negativity, including my own. Now you have highlighted it, I might use the search function to check out just how negative you were throughout the game!

I sent you a link early in the game, but going back and checking my conversation, I forgot to include a participant i.e. you.
I appreciate you sending me the link. I never intended to watch the game. I prefer to follow it through big footy

I'd love to know what Callum Brown, Josh Thomas and WHE bring to the club.

All 3 are absolutely terrible and passengers we need to carry 9/10 games.

I'd love to know what Callum Brown, Josh Thomas and WHE bring to the club.

All 3 are absolutely terrible and passengers we need to carry 9/10 games.
Maybe you should write a letter to the club.

You realise you are directing this at the vast majority of posters in the game thread? That's a lot of people you are calling flogs. It's like nearly everyone posted just to get a response. Adds a whole new dimension to the purpose of a game thread. Lot's of mental short people bleating 'Look at me!'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back