Preview AAMI Community Series - Pies v Tigers Fri March 5th 7:25pm (Teams Page 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-vs-Coll.png
AFL 2021 AAMI COMMUNITY SERIES
COLLINGWOOD V RICHMOND
FRIDAY MARCH 5TH 7:25 PM AEDT (MARVEL STADIUM)

2021-03-04_215739.jpg

Collingwood has named a 26-man squad to take on Richmond at Marvel Stadium on Friday night.

Oliver Henry is set to pull on the black and white guernsey for the first time, albeit a pre-season match.

After a positive display down the highway last week, the Pies will go into the clash against the reigning premiers with a near-full strength side. Jordan De Goey and Will Kelly come into the side after not contesting the practice match against Geelong.

Forward Brody Mihocek (calf tightness) comes out of the line-up as a precaution. Chris Mayne continues to follow the AFL's concussion protocols after a head knock at training, while Taylor Adams is progressing towards training fully next week.

Also Bf is running the Tipping Comp again this year with prizes to be won.

2021-03-03_145921.jpg
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM $1000’s IN CASH PRIZES
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/pickem/bigfooty-2021-afl-h-a-and-finals.33/

Last edited:
I’m going to be negative so don’t get annoyed. On first impressions I didn’t see anything last week to make me too excited about this year, same old same old. Next year with a new coach and this years group of draftees I’m looking forward to. I hope I’m wrong about this year but I’ve been watching for too long to be fooled.

* if we make the GF and win please feel free to roast me on here. 😂

I’m going to be negative so don’t get annoyed. On first impressions I didn’t see anything last week to make me too excited about this year, same old same old. Next year with a new coach and this years group of draftees I’m looking forward to. I hope I’m wrong about this year but I’ve been watching for too long to be fooled.

I don't have my Hopes to High so IF we do good then it's a Nice Suprise

We've been in unchartered territory for over a year now so nothing would surprise me about our VFL level boys and the draftees. I think most Victorian clubs will be in the same boat.
It's up to the experienced AFL players to step up and carry the load until these young guys who have had a season virtually stolen by covid can start to get up to proper speed.

Wont get annoyed. Your post is putrid if you are judging off a practice match

Wont get annoyed. Your post is putrid if you are judging off a practice match
Nope judging off years of watching the game and a decade of Buckley lack lustre coaching/game plan. No key forwards but the same as always and recruiting that seems to always go for the same bland type of players. If I’m wrong great but I’ll start believing in the club again when they start taking risks and dare to be different. MM turned it around when he started playing the younger players and the manic pressure game with 120+ rotations, that’s why we won in 2010, we were different. There’s no way we had the best list.
The dogs in 2016, an average side by any standard but the game plan, outrageous and they won. The tigers as much as I hate to admit it have killed the other sides with there game plan. What is ours, seriously Apart from two finals victories that Cox was the main reason we won I don’t see improvement.

Anyway that’s my pre season complaining done. I’ll still be yelling for the side and abusing the umpires so loud that the neighbors complain and hoping that I’m wrong. I’ll still get on BF and bitch about Thomas and C Brown and wish for the days that Neon Leon would light up the forward line and Pebbles would kick goals from the centre square. I’ll always laugh at the match day autopsy where people who have watched the same game don’t see anything the same way.

Go pies.

This game will tell it all lets see if figjam brings the attacking game plan of 2018, and play guys on their ability eg sier ruscoe young guys who actaully show something or stick to favs in thomas and mayne and the same old fringe players we've had over the years

MM turned it around when he started playing the younger players and the manic pressure game with 120+ rotations, that’s why we won in 2010, we were different. There’s no way we had the best list.
As you said we all see it differently. I have seen the Pies play 50+ years in my memory and in that time play in 13 grand finals for 2 wins. Add my lifetime and that goes to 16 grand finals for 2 wins

Of all the lists we had in that time 2010 was the best. Only 1970 challenges it. It’s a big call to say we were not the best list in 2010 and shows how hard it is to be that

Nope judging off years of watching the game and a decade of Buckley lack lustre coaching/game plan. No key forwards but the same as always and recruiting that seems to always go for the same bland type of players. If I’m wrong great but I’ll start believing in the club again when they start taking risks and dare to be different. MM turned it around when he started playing the younger players and the manic pressure game with 120+ rotations, that’s why we won in 2010, we were different. There’s no way we had the best list.
The dogs in 2016, an average side by any standard but the game plan, outrageous and they won. The tigers as much as I hate to admit it have killed the other sides with there game plan. What is ours, seriously Apart from two finals victories that Cox was the main reason we won I don’t see improvement.

Anyway that’s my pre season complaining done. I’ll still be yelling for the side and abusing the umpires so loud that the neighbors complain and hoping that I’m wrong. I’ll still get on BF and b*tch about Thomas and C Brown and wish for the days that Neon Leon would light up the forward line and Pebbles would kick goals from the centre square. I’ll always laugh at the match day autopsy where people who have watched the same game don’t see anything the same way.

Go pies.

I think you're massively underselling the talent we had in 2010

Maxwell was an AA brilliant 3rd up, locked down space and lead our defence perfectly.
Ben Reid was one of the best KPP in the game until his injury issues, marked everything in his area and had a laser 55 metre kick to start many rebounds.
Then running off the HB flanks - Shaw and Lumumba, both AA both simply brilliant at their peaks.
Swan Pendlebury Thomas - All 3 were close to the best players in the entire comp at their best.
Didak was something special when in form.
Cloke was unstoppable

That's not even mentioning Beams Sidebottom Ball Jolly who were also very good players at the time.

The best thing Malthouse did was getting our bottom 6-10 players to know exactly what their role is and support the superstars week in, week out. Guys like Toovey Brown Blair Macaffer L.Brown Dawes Goldsack didn't have much natural talent but all played above themselves under Mick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway that’s my pre season complaining done. I’ll still be yelling for the side and abusing the umpires so loud that the neighbors complain and hoping that I’m wrong. I’ll still get on BF and b*tch about Thomas and C Brown and wish for the days that Neon Leon would light up the forward line and Pebbles would kick goals from the centre square. I’ll always laugh at the match day autopsy where people who have watched the same game don’t see anything the same way.

Go pies.
So now you have tuned up for your regular season Buckley bashing?

Such dedication . . .

Such dedication . . .
I

Such dedication . . .
I think people are just sick of his coaching method, theirs no flare same old defensive players who don't produce much more then what a young kid playing a handful of games would produce, the one year he took a backward step and let the assistant coaches have an input, and went more aggressive was 2018 Barr that year its the same s**t every year, we wanna see guys like sier Murphy these kids get an actual block of games without getting dropped after 1 mediocre game

Just hope we see the kids.

No Josh Thomas, no Greenwood, no Mayne (concussion)

Will learn and develop nothing new playing those guys

Just hope we see the kids.

No Josh Thomas, no Greenwood, no Mayne (concussion)

Will learn and develop nothing new playing those guys

Doubt that going from Cats Game and Match Simulation from Tuesday

I

I think people are just sick of his coaching method, theirs no flare same old defensive players who don't produce much more then what a young kid playing a handful of games would produce, the one year he took a backward step and let the assistant coaches have an input, and went more aggressive was 2018 Barr that year its the same sh*t every year, we wanna see guys like sier Murphy these kids get an actual block of games without getting dropped after 1 mediocre game
WE do do WE?

I'm not interested in lynch mobs or rabble rousers but people butting in to a discussion between two people without invitation is always entertaining . . .

WE do do WE?

I'm not interested in lynch mobs or rabble rousers but people butting in to a discussion between two people without invitation is always entertaining . . .
Actually this is an open forum not a two way discussion , and imo most pie fans would agree with Wagee .

we wanna see guys like sier Murphy these kids get an actual block of games without getting dropped after 1 mediocre game
I have seen little that Sier and Murphy produce which gives me hope for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back