Preview AAMI Community Series - Pies v Tigers Fri March 5th 7:25pm (Teams Page 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Daics senior is remembered as a small forward. Many forget that he was also an exceptional midfielder. Arguably better, if not for injury making the forward option a better one.
Saw his entire career from the outer, outstanding talent even as a recruit. If injuries hadn't of forced him out of the midfield would have won multiple Charlies and very likely become a hall of famer.

One of the extremely rare totally balanced footballers to ever play the game - both in physique and attitude. He could get around opponents as if they were witches hats and even before clear enough to dispose had already picked out a couple of disposal options downfield.

Brockie of Bathurst fame was nick-named 'Peter perfect' - if anyone ever deserved that accolade it was our Peter.

I was privileged to see he career blossom and feel sorry for younger fans who never got to see him bamboozle opponents at will in the pivot.

I don`t see how Greenwood , and old mate C Brown make the squad , just be done with him ,they have nothing to offer , Greenwood had some serviceable years, but they are not the future, Callum , come down too Abers,in the EDFL, might be a role for you there, give me McCrae ,McCreery, Poulter every day of the week and twice on Sundays , they are the future, along with the other chosen young ones, McMahon when he fills out,
I like the use of Greenwood as a tagging midfielder. It will go some way to minimising the loss of Treloar. We may lose 30 possessions from Treloar but reduce the damage of the oppositions best mid.

We need to get the most out of our 'soldiers' this season, the reliable stars will do what they do and the recruits/draftees will be up and down as form and opportunity fluctuate.
It's up to the soldiers to step up and help cover the experience gap as injuries eat into best 25 and the youngsters get given their opportunities.

I like the use of Greenwood as a tagging midfielder. It will go some way to minimising the loss of Treloar. We may lose 30 possessions from Treloar but reduce the damage of the oppositions best mid.
Which is what I stated in my later post, tagger only, for specific opposition players

Usually Dusty cops Howie when he drifts down forward. I'd be surprised if Howie goes to him this early in his rehab/return. It'll be interesting to see who we send to him as Plan B IMO.
Very true, I`ll back Maynard in

The 97goals in 1990 was unbelievable.

He kicked 13 in the four finals... funnily enough against only two opponents.. West Coast twice and Essendon twice! And he kicked at least 6 during the home and away rounds eight times. And scored at least one goal in every game

Dusty's a lot harder to tag, whereas Greenwood has enjoyed keeping Cotchin company in the past and he's a player that can be nullified. I don't think we'll see him in the midfield, but if he was, Cotchin's the man for me.

I'd like to see Tyler Brown given the Dusty matchup. Great learning experience for him.
It would be a great learning experience, but i think Dusty would ragdoll young Tyler at this stage of his career. another pre`season , more time in the weights room and he`ll be cherry ripe

I think people are getting overly excited about the "play the kids" notion. The squad includes:

Henry - 0 games
T Brown - 9 games
C Brown - 49 games
Daicos - 35 games
Cameron - 11 games
Kelly - 1 Game
Madgen - 21 games
Ruscoe - 4 games
Bianco - 0 games
Sier - 21 games
Quaynor - 15 games
Noble - 22 Games

That's 12 players (nearly 1/2 the squad) with U50 games experience, 5 with U10 games.

By comparison, Tigas have Balta (30), Baker (42), Bolton (47), Aarts (14), CCJ (1), DES (6), Chol (21), RCD (0), Pickett (20). That's 9 players with U50, 3 with U10.

We are playing the kids and the inexperienced.

Disappointed Murphy wasn't given another crack and if there was a player I thought might have been given a crack to show his worth it's Briskey.
Callum, Ive been gifted 49 games Brown is not young, it`s his 5th season at the club ,average career life span of an AFL player is 5 years or less. his time is up De~list end of season

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum, Ive been gifted 49 games Brown is not young, it`a his 5th season at the club ,average career life span of an AFL player is 5 years or less. his time is up De~list end of season
Are you going to s**t can him all season long?

Are you going to sh*t can him all season long?
I`m not sh%t canning him , he`s not up too the standard that an AFL footballer requires at this level, does not have the tools nor skill set required

I`m not sh%t canning him , he`s not up too the standard that an AFL footballer requires at this level, does not have the tools nor skill set required
So yeah, s**t canning him.

Regardless of the stance you have, he’s right that this is an open forum, not a two way discussion. If jonbe wants that then he needs to take it to PM, otherwise anyone else is perfectly entitled to give their 2c worth.

Thanks it’s been killing me!

Making an appraisal of the football ability and total output effectiveness of a player is not sh#t canning them, it`s the net result of what they produce
Yeah, you said he’s been “gifted” games. That’s s**t canning 101 right there.

Big Tom Lunch is out as is Prestia,
But still the tigers have a well balanced team with plenty of youth but at the same time some solid experience.

BacksDavid Astbury12Dylan Grimes2Noah Balta21
Half-BacksLiam Baker7Nick Vlastuin1Jayden Short15
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Shai Bolton29Josh Caddy22
Half-ForwardsJake Aarts16Shane Edwards10Jason Castagna11
ForwardsCallum Coleman-Jones40Dustin Martin4Jack Riewoldt8
FollowersToby Nankervis25Trent Cotchin9Kane Lambert23
Interchange From:Daniel Rioli17Nathan Broad35Jack Graham34
Marlion Pickett50Mabior Chol41Derek Eggmolesse-Smith43
Will Martyn36Riley Collier-Dawkins26
EmergenciesThomson Dow27Jack Ross5Patrick Naish6
Ryan Garthwaite42

This proud to be Richmond thing is funny. As soon as they lose its hide the scarf and leave as soon as possible.

It tells me that the coaches are very concerned about making a strong start to the season and want to get the line-up settled as quickly as possible.

There may only be one debutant but there are several players moving into new roles, or from the fringes to something more prominent - DeGoey, T Brown, Sier, Daicos and Noble all fit into that category to varying degrees. So the coaches seem to be focusing on to getting that all settled and the chemistry right, ahead of blooding more youngsters.

I can't imagine that any of those other than JDG are likely to have significant positional changes. Noble may go from hb to defensive wing.

More importantly, i'm hoping we're trying to bed down a new game style with different running patterns, instead of our turgid game of 2019/20. Get the seniors out there - they're the ones who need to enact a new style.

This proud to be Richmond thing is funny. As soon as they lose its hide the scarf and leave as soon as possible.

That's harsh on the Tiges. I think they're second to us in terms of passionate support. For 30 years they were a laughing stock, yet were loud and proud and angry and frustrated right throughout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back