Preview AAMI Community Series - Pies v Tigers Fri March 5th 7:25pm (Teams Page 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to watching Henry play live, along with Will Kelly. Hopefully DeGoey plays majority time in the midfield, and if that's the case, it will be interesting to see how our forward line functions without having JDG there as a key target.
Daicos and Sier, both in the midfield, will be a focus for me as well.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I want DeGoey where the opposition don't want him -close to our goal square.

That's harsh on the Tiges. I think they're second to us in terms of passionate support. For 30 years they were a laughing stock, yet were loud and proud and angry and frustrated right throughout.
Harsh but fair

Callum, Ive been gifted 49 games Brown is not young, it`s his 5th season at the club ,average career life span of an AFL player is 5 years or less. his time is up De~list end of season

Hence I added "and the inexperienced". Same applies to Baker and Bolton at the Tigas.

Lose this fu**en sh*t man.. and I'm gonna do a fosbury flop straight into the fu**en Yarra mate.. I can't do this sh*t no more man.. I've fu**en had it.
I'll be honest gimpy, if we f lose this, I'm gonna order "extra hot" from the local Indian joint and spend all of tomorrow in agony on a toilet seat.

I've had it!

Saw his entire career from the outer, outstanding talent even as a recruit. If injuries hadn't of forced him out of the midfield would have won multiple Charlies and very likely become a hall of famer.

One of the extremely rare totally balanced footballers to ever play the game - both in physique and attitude. He could get around opponents as if they were witches hats and even before clear enough to dispose had already picked out a couple of disposal options downfield.

Brockie of Bathurst fame was nick-named 'Peter perfect' - if anyone ever deserved that accolade it was our Peter.

I was privileged to see he career blossom and feel sorry for younger fans who never got to see him bamboozle opponents at will in the pivot.

Certainly he was also an excellent midfielder but for what its worth I think he was a better forward than mid.

He was an excellent mid, ball magnet and absolutely superb disposal skills, and, IIRC a dual Copeland trophy winner. But as a small forward he is he greatest of all time. I argue that that is demonstrably true. His 97 goals in 1990 is the highest goal tally from any small forward in AFL history. Matthews managed 91 goals in 77, KB 84 in 1980. They were both champions of the game but neither could match Daicos' peerless goal tally. Now as a midfielder he was great. But better than Bucks, Pendles or Swanny? Judd, Fyfe GA Jnr. Im struggling to make that argument

So for me an excellent mid who was in the top tier, but as a small forward, GOAT

Footy is back, I’m ready!
Carton of beer in the fridge, or at least there was an 1hr ago before I started the pregame drinks routine.
Looking forward to seeing the game plan and what has been worked on over the summer!

I must admit.. got a a touch of the fogttf syndrome re.. thought I'd go for a lazy feed at the vue de monde.. coupla *em mortan bay bugs.. nice 2 or 3 bottles of shiraz.. should settle the anxiety I'm feeling. Forgotten what it's like going to the footy.. so just natural I guess to feel that way.

Look I will pay that there is some positional change, I don’t think it will quite be the the extent you have there. Guys like Sier are more just trying to cement a spot than change position.

Sier is the only one of those I named that’s not moving into a relatively unfamiliar position. Plus Kelly looks like coming in for just his second game. That’s a lot of personnel/positional change to have to bed down without adding even more complexity via additional debutants. They’ll get plenty of chances when our usual injuries kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't have my Hopes to High so IF we do good then it's a Nice Suprise
Same for me, no expectations. Not much to be excited about. Anything within top 10 will be a pleasant surprise

Certainly he was also an excellent midfielder but for what its worth I think he was a better forward than mid.

He was an excellent mid, ball magnet and absolutely superb disposal skills, and, IIRC a dual Copeland trophy winner. But as a small forward he is he greatest of all time. I argue that that is demonstrably true. His 97 goals in 1990 is the highest goal tally from any small forward in AFL history. Matthews managed 91 goals in 77, KB 84 in 1980. They were both champions of the game but neither could match Daicos' peerless goal tally. Now as a midfielder he was great. But better than Bucks, Pendles or Swanny? Judd, Fyfe GA Jnr. Im struggling to make that argument

So for me an excellent mid who was in the top tier, but as a small forward, GOAT
Well mark we differ there. in those days the centreman - as they used to be called - was THE prime mover, the focus of both teams attention when the ball was in the vicinity.
Daicos regularly THRASHED very good opponents even in his first year at the top level. That is astonishing prowess for a young kid just starting to make his way in the game.
Many times I watched him fake his opponent out with just a shoulder or even hand movement. He was always 3 steps ahead of them.
Few ever reached his football ability and even rarer still his footballing brain.
As a forward he was a coach's dream, but as a midfielder he was ominously threatening even before the first bounce of the game.
Poise, balance and the ability to out think any opponent is sensational in the forward line but devastating in the pivot - for the opposition.

Last edited:

Daicos had knee injuries so we must keep that in perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to be negative so don’t get annoyed. On first impressions I didn’t see anything last week to make me too excited about this year, same old same old. Next year with a new coach and this years group of draftees I’m looking forward to. I hope I’m wrong about this year but I’ve been watching for too long to be fooled.

* if we make the GF and win please feel free to roast me on here. 😂
So in the second post in the first thread about the first remotely important game in 2021 you have a whining sook?
Just * off and support soccer you weak as piss idiot.
THE SUPPORTER BASE IN THIS CLUB IS FULL OF TOTAL DICKHEADS.

So in the second post in the first thread about the first remotely important game in 2021 you have a whining sook?
Just fu** off and support soccer you weak as piss idiot.
THE SUPPORTER BASE IN THIS CLUB IS FULL OF TOTAL DICKHEADS.

That’s not true. We’ve still got room for a few more. ;)

I’m going to be negative so don’t get annoyed. On first impressions I didn’t see anything last week to make me too excited about this year, same old same old. Next year with a new coach and this years group of draftees I’m looking forward to. I hope I’m wrong about this year but I’ve been watching for too long to be fooled.

* if we make the GF and win please feel free to roast me on here. 😂
Everyone who liked your post can * off too.
Weak as piss self important arseholes.

Kayo free 2 weeks
3rd time going.
Just use another family members mobile device and email.
Easy. Takes 5 mins. Just cancel account in 13 days and no payment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back