Preview AAMI Community Series - Pies v Tigers Fri March 5th 7:25pm (Teams Page 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our list consists of 15 best 22 players then about 10-12 list cloggers and then a bunch of untried kids with varying degrees of potential
Yep. We really need a handful of the list cloggers to have career seasons or kids to come out of the blocks flying

I appreciate you sending me the link. I never intended to watch the game. I prefer to follow it through big footy

????????

What? Whilst some are watching the game and abusing players for underperforming. You're watching bigfooty and abusing posters for underperforming by abusing players?

Our forward line is honestly disgusting. Our only key forwards are rucks who can't lead or protect ball drop properly, we have no genuine pacey crumbers with goal sense, our only crumber is JT and he peaked years ago. Going to be a painful watch and one can only hope its finally addressed in the draft/free agency at the end of 2021.

I have felt for a long time that we need to play Sidebottom as a permanent forward. He is by far our best crumber.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tough read this thread, thank you to those posting meaningful discussion.

take This for what it is a preseason hit out. There were times we looked OK, there were Times we looked rusty.

great to have the boys running around again.
We looked awful early when we were going for spot ups to move it forward. In the second half we looked ok when we moved it more aggressively, but who knows if that was just becasue the tiges tired during a preseason hit and giggle that they'd already done enough in. our whether our first half was just rust.

Pump the breaks on the JT hate! 15 possessions at 73%, 4 i50’s, 2 goal assists, 5 tackles and 413 metres gained has him as our best small forward on a night where we struggled to give the forwards many good looks. Beyond that he was very clean unlike a lot of our guys and probably hitting the scoreboard from being one of our best on the night.

Last edited:
Pump the breaks on the JT hate! 15 possessions at 73%, 4 i50’s, 2 goal assists, 5 tackles and 413 metres gained has him as clearly our best small forward on a night where we struggled to give the forwards many good looks. Beyond that he was very clean unlike a lot of our guys and probably hitting the scoreboard from being one of our best on the night.
Yes a lot worse than JT for all that I am not excited by his potential - we were very ordinary in patches for whatever reason. He wasn't a shining beacon but certainly wasn't a passenger.

Why do you go into game day threads if this pisses you off. They're always like this one.
I don’t normally. I also don’t accept the notion that game day threads are a forum where posters can rubbish players. I choose to challenge those posters.

????????

What? Whilst some are watching the game and abusing players for underperforming. You're watching bigfooty and abusing posters for underperforming by abusing players?
I followed the game through the game day thread because I don’t have access to Foxtel or Kayo. Much the same purpose as reading the training thread.

We looked awful early when we were going for spot ups to move it forward. In the second half we looked ok when we moved it more aggressively, but who knows if that was just becasue the tiges tired during a preseason hit and giggle that they'd already done enough in. our whether our first half was just rust.

Hopefully it was mostly rust, but realistically it was more likely to be them easing off... For instance Grundy’s game was average. He had a s**t first half, a strong second half and the main difference was Nankervis. I feel like that was a microcosm of the game.

Pump the breaks on the JT hate! 15 possessions at 73%, 4 i50’s, 2 goal assists, 5 tackles and 413 metres gained has him as clearly our best small forward on a night where we struggled to give the forwards many good looks. Beyond that he was very clean unlike a lot of our guys and probably hitting the scoreboard from being one of our best on the night.

Sadly when you’re a whipping boy stats don’t to matter to the critics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Tyler shows enough signs to show he can make it.
Unfortunately for Callum unless he can fix those kicking and decision making skills he is never going to cut it.
He has the work ethic and want but unfortunately not the skills or any discernible xfactor trait a smaller player like him needs to make it.

These guys including WHE, Madgen & Thomas are a Finlay Poulter McInnes Keane McMahon Chugg & McCreery away from never getting another game with us again!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it was based on the hope that some players may have a stepped up between seasons versus the reality that they were still at exactly the same level they were last year. Added to that, the only recruit, Henry, to feature in a practice game was brought back to earth after a heady pre season.

Think there was also hope of radical changes to our game plan, the first half was almost identical to 2020.
The second half either the instruction changed, Richmond dropped off (which imo was evident and they rested cotchin dusty and grimes) or the players went fork it and just decided to go quicker, longer and more direct.

Is Brenton Sanderson really our forward line coach? He kicked 34 goals in 209 games. Wouldn’t you think it would make more sense to have a forward coach who actually played in the forward line and knows the craft????

Not relevant.

How many Grand Slams have Federer / Djokovic / Osaka’s coaches had? Ditto for the leading golf players? How many Premierships did Clarkson and Roos win as players?

Being a coach takes a different skill set to being a player.

Why is there so much negativity towards us losing by a goal to the reigning Premiers in a pre-season game? Especially considering we’ve turned over nearly a quarter of our list for 18 year old draftees?

Why is there so much negativity towards us losing by a goal to the reigning Premiers in a pre-season game? Especially considering we’ve turned over nearly a quarter of our list for 18 year old draftees?
Because some people enjoy bagging the players and club.

Its not the goals (Richmond gave up half time)

Its that the same issues for years are still there.

Because the same old players performed poorly and don't look likely to ever perform better. Then there's the ones we think are our creme de la creme who actually play well below the reputation and financial reward against which we judge them. Then there's our forward line and midfield that always seem to get beaten. The game plan is a source of frustration as too are the skills of many players. There's the fact that Richmond just look so ******* good at times and we don't. They are the benchmark and we need to be able to match them. Finally there's the inevitability of a crippling injury or two to suck a bit more wind out of our sails.

There are some bright spots, though not many, and we latch on to the likes of a De Goey goal from a surprisingly accurate palm from Grundy, a Brayden Sier looping handball to a running teammate, or Ruscoe doing a Bradbury running into an open goal. But mostly there are sighs, cries and melts as someone we didn't expect to pull off something successfully in fact does it less successfully than even we thought possible. And Richmond being so bloody good make our errors and weaknesses appear so exceptionally poor.

Last edited:
Two observations from last night;

1. Willy Kelly has been involved in two somewhat freak accidents, but doesn't appear to have any sort of awareness/ability to protect himself in a contest.

2. The Brown brothers still aren't up to it - we'll be losing a significant amount of games if these two are regular starters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back