Preview AAMI Community Series - Pies v Tigers Fri March 5th 7:25pm (Teams Page 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gabbo64

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2012
Bunbury WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have thought about the game / our style overnight and have come to the conclusion it’s time for us to move our better players out of defence and into the midfield.

Quaynor & Maynard should be majority time mids IMO. Expose these players now. Stop waiting on Sier & Browns to step up.

Crisp, Moore,Chugg
Howe, Roughead, Quaynor
Daicos, Maynard, Pendles
Elliot, Cox, Ruscoe
Sidebottom, Mihocek, McCreery

Grundy, De Goey, Adams

Sier, Tyler, Noble, Cameron

Maynard can rotate back and swap with Crisp when necessary. Vice versa with Quaynor.

IMO, someone like McCreery could be very important. He has produced incredible pressure numbers in SANFL. We need that in the forward line.

Ideally, you would hope that Bianco or Rantall will be competing with Sier & Tyler.

I just think 5 of our top 10 players are in defence.

Howe, Moore, Maynard, Crisp, IQ
Pendles, De Goey, Adams, Sidey, Grundy

We need to try and move the 1st group into positions they can fill up ahead on the field.

I think our defence is experienced enough and have the appropriate structures to teach Chugg on the go.
What a load of old rubbish. Seriously?
1) You haven't bagged any players
2) You haven't bagged any coaches
3) You haven't bagged any other posters
4) You haven't bagged the club
Other than that, whether I agree with it's content or not, it's a really good post! What are you doing here?

Martin Cotchin and Grimes played 2 and a half quarters.

Had more to do with Richmonds drop off in intensity and we went from short 20m kicks of the first half to faster movement and 40 to 50m kicks in the 2nd half.

The first half gameplan is atrocious and looks to be our default game.
How many quarters did Adams, Steele and Checkers play?

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Since 2018, they added in Noble and IQ.

Sooo....why is Crisp or Maynard still back there? Surely midfield time for either too considering how shallow it is. Swap Pendlebury for Crisp, ala Hodge.
I guess that's too much of a risk for Buckley.

Better to keep the 2018 structure in tact as it almost got the team a flag hey

Sooo....why is Crisp or Maynard still back there? Surely midfield time for either too considering how shallow it is. Swap Pendlebury for Crisp, ala Hodge.

Why swap Pendles and Crisp?

Jack Crisp is so underrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

riddick78

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
After some thought about Friday nights game.

If we play the first couple of rounds like we did in the first half, we'll lose... badly and Buckley will be gone, he won't last the year.
I'm hoping we play more like the second half, but Richmond were resting players at that point.

Some things i noted.
Our backline was great, but it wasn't quite right, they weren't like they were the last 2 years. Hopefully they'll settle.
Madgen was horrible, where was that player that stepped up last year and had a cool head???
IQ was awesome, he'll be an absolute star for us.
DeGoey has stepped up and was BOG, hopefully he finally has an injury free year and really shows everyone the player he can be.
Billys pressure and tackling is second to none.
Same ol' fwd line, we can't rely on kids to fix it, Kelly and/or Henry aren't the silver bullet ATM and putting that pressure on them will destroy their careers.
Same ol' midfield, be good if this was addressed in some way, maybe a ruck coach or something.
It's looking like we have lost depth and if we have injuries like we have had for quite a few years, we will be forced to play kids.

Hopefully Friday night was us trying out new tactics and we'll settle, but i think it's just a matter of same ol' same ol'.

I'm hoping Graham Wright goes right through CFC and identifies any problematic areas. Do we need to replace Buckley? Harvey and or Sanderson? medical department? etc etc. I feel comfortable with Graham Wright as GM of Football and feel confident he'll sort any issues out.

Take this for what it's worth, Alastair Clarkson was sitting near me during the game, i'm not sure why he was there, Hawks play Richmond round 2, but seems a bit premature to do research.

Forget who we played the footy dished up in that first half as in game style and flaws of it deserved derision.

Yeah it did. We came out moving the ball - chip chip chip *. Then when we realised that sucked we just parked the bus in Richmond's forward 50. Second half was promising, but got to be worried that was just the tiges putting the cue away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back