Game Day AAMI Community Series: Port Adelaide vs Crows @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Richo's email yesterday it reopened earlier in the week.

".... the Port Club reopened its doors earlier this week after temporarily closing for building works. ..."

Having issues with our emails lately so thanks for the heads up. Now just gotta decide whether to go south for the game or head to the club... easy decision :).

Prong Souths and the sanfl my $'s will go to my club.

Having issues with our emails lately so thanks for the heads up. Now just gotta decide whether to go south for the game or head to the club... easy decision :).

Prong Souths and the sanfl my $'s will go to my club.
Right decision Byron, you wouldn’t have got into Noarlunga, unless you already had a ticket, as it is sold out.

Port Adelaide Side:
IN: Gray, Jonas, Mead
OUT: Marshall (eye), McKenzie (cork), Hartlett (hamstring soreness)

F: Ladhams - Dixon - Gray
HF: Butters - Georgiades - Rozee
C: Amon - Boak - Duursma
HB: Byrne-Jones - Clurey - Burton
B: Jonas (C) - Aliir - Houston
R: Lycett - Wines - Rockliff
INT: Motlop - Fantasia - Drew - Jones - Bergman - Bonner - Mead - Farrell

im all for not playing Hartlett at all except for injuries, i think the back 6 named is our best starting group, i think the coaches might be seeing how the forward line operates with Ladhams and MG as the other forward targets without Marshall. If your talking lead-up forward i think MG can do just as good a job as Marshall and if your talking in the air Ladhams is a way better pack marker than Marshall, its hard to see both Marshall & MG playing together and i think its one or the other

Bonner named at half back ***groans***
Wing or Magpies - liability elsewhere. Kern still clueless 🥴
You watch, he'll be the next Amon here. Can just see him improving 10 fold very easily.

Bonner named at half back ***groans***
Wing or Magpies - liability elsewhere. Kern still clueless 🥴

He'll be fine. One day he'll stop the customary HTB every game and then the sky is the limit, rather than the limit being the sky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be fine. One day he'll stop the customary HTB every game and then the sky is the limit, rather than the limit being the sky.
The makings are there, same with Fazz n the Roy Orbison FantaMan

When your tickling the tonsils this guy takes some beating Drop the smaltz what an effortless vocal range... divine.

Big hopes for Orazio, stand n deliver fair brother the stage is yours and tomorrow is the day. Bonner just needs to be believed in... especially by himself

Under Ken we won't die wondering, he likes our Riley. We'll know one way or the other by year's end.

About spot on. 2 genuine talls forward plus Mitch. Back 6 is right. It's as balanced as it should be.
Who’s the other tall forward? I see Dixon and Mitch. That’s probably why I got the wrong impression.

Morover, wouldn’t the Defense be more balanced with Allir instead of Bonner?

Who’s the other tall forward? I see Dixon and Mitch. That’s probably why I got the wrong impression.

I'm looking at Ladhams forward and Aliir in defence on a different sheet. And yes you are correct looking at your sheet.

I'm looking at Ladhams forward and Aliir in defence on a different sheet. And yes you are correct looking at your sheet.
That one is in the club’s website.

I don't think those traditional teamsheet representations really mean anything beyond roughly what end of the ground some of the players might be.

The coaches have said Bonner has been more focused on wing this pre-season.
Ok. We will see how the rotations work, true enough, but those are supposed to be the starting XVIII. I don’t see Bonner replacing neither Duursma nor Amon.

Burton/Jonas and Butters/Rozee are probably misplaced, but still within their part of the field.

I never pay much attention to the named “run on” team, little games are always being played.

And I actually didn’t mind Bonner’s game last week when he played half forward/wing. He has a decent kick as well which is something port can be let down by. I don’t think that he is worst pick in the team, but not sure how he makes the round 1 22 (Maybe in that pick 23-28 range)

I also like how there has been no media coverage on him, other than following the season which was basically “we expect to see you in preseason” when there was a lot of speculation of him or the club wanting a trade. Speaks a lot about the lad that he wants to play for the footy club.

It's a bloody solid 22.

Pretty clear we have 3 questions.

1. Rockliff or Drew?
2. Does McKenzie make it a 4 tall backline?
3. Can we play Georgiadies and Marshall?
It’s a 26, though.
1. I think we are going to transition from the former to the latter.
2. Allir is probably taking his place.
3. I believe we can. I’m not sure we will. If we do, would Ladhams play?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back