• A Western Bulldog

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • One of the Bulldogs train-on players that nobody has heard of

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • OMac

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i so sometimes wonder if we would have better structure if some coach from Echuca or whatever just came out and said “ just play man on man” or just go out there and have some fun

couldn’t be worse
I agree. Nothing Goody has implemented gameplan-wise looks pretty, or effective, or consistent ... he must have some pretty impressive PowerPoint presentations is all I can say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't have been less impressive.

Only positives were May and Lever - and May ended up concussed.

Our ball movement was garbage and our forwards were stagnant.

Out worked all across the ground, killed in the clearances and failed to land a tackle.

Out worked all across the ground, killed in the clearances and failed to land a tackle.
Can’t fault this analysis.

I‘m going to have another beer and get amongst the “only preseason“ vibe if I can

That's the alarming thing for me. Yes having viney, oliver and Brayshaw out hurts with clearances and no brown and weideman in the forward line (mind you we had McDonald who looked nowhere near it) but that doesn't excuse our poor ball movement or lack of pressure and allowing bulldogs to just spread freely all over the ground. How is it that opposition teams manage to use the width of the grounds to accumulate uncontested possessions where we can't. I'm still scarred from that Freo game late last year. They just spread and we couldn't get near it. Longmuir (and the other coaches) must be rubbing his hands in delight how easily we are beaten on the outside.
i so sometimes wonder if we would have better structure if some coach from Echuca or whatever just came out and said “ just play man on man” or just go out there and have some fun

couldn’t be worse

Not wrong, might help slow the numerous uncontested possessions teams get against us.

Back