• A Western Bulldog

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • One of the Bulldogs train-on players that nobody has heard of

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • OMac

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So what did happen in the Oprah interview?

ok so some select bits
-> it was set on their ranch in Montecito which is a really nice part of Santa Barbara , I think the place cost roughly $12M US, so no insignificant
-> they started with a slot where they were feeding their rescue chickens and Megan sting saying getting back to basics has really helped their family
-> she said she has always been a strong woman and stuck up for women’s rights but was silenced not silent when she became a royal
-> Oprah is really starting to loom strange, like an alien almost
-> Harry and Megan were shocked that they lost their private security detail and were “ forced” to sign the 5 year 100M usd deal with netflix
-> apparently the “institution” is a set of individuals (I guess senior royals) who forbade them any help and stole their passports and drivers license
-> this shadowy organization was also worried that their son Archie might have too dark a skin tone
-> Megan thought it’s a shame as 70% of the commonwealth are people of colour it would be really inspirational for them to see someone who looks like them in a position of royal power (she was speaking of herself)

that’s my take - I think they came across as ungrateful Privileged w***ers (maybe that’s why alldatpiss has me on ignore)

feedback welcome

ok so some select bits
-> it was set on their ranch in Montecito which is a really nice part of Santa Barbara , I think the place cost roughly $12M US, so no insignificant
-> they started with a slot where they were feeding their rescue chickens and Megan sting saying getting back to basics has really helped their family
-> she said she has always been a strong woman and stuck up for women’s rights but was silenced not silent when she became a royal
-> Harry and Megan were shocked that they lost their private security detail and were “ forced” to sign the 5 year 100M usd deal with netflix
-> apparently the “institution” is a set of individuals (I guess senior royals) who forbade them any help and stole their passports and drivers license
-> this shadowy organization was also worried that their son Archie might have too dark a skin tone
-> Megan thought it’s a shame as 70% of the commonwealth are people of colour it would be really inspirational for them to see someone who looks like them in a position of royal power (she was speaking of herself)

that’s my take - I think they came across as ungrateful Privileged w***ers (maybe that’s why alldatpiss has me on ignore)

feedback welcome
The rescue chicken solution is the bit I will probably consider for my own purposes

Didn't watch either praccy matches. Vibe seems like not much has changed. Were there any new things or players to get excited about?

Will buy a membership again i guess, but probably the least inspired I have been for a season since 2013.

Couldn't have been less impressive.

Only positives were May and Lever - and May ended up concussed.

Our ball movement was garbage and our forwards were stagnant.

Out worked all across the ground, killed in the clearances and failed to land a tackle.
You could have just described any loss from the last two years. I didn't watch the game but it's clear nothing has changed.

We need a new coach.

Some solid melts for a practice match missing 6-7 first 18 players, shocked we got belted in the middle by an excellent inside mid team like the Dogs.

Will save my proper melting for when we start stinking it up in the real stuff, and even then, if it gets rid of Goody, might be worth it.

Some solid melts for a practice match missing 6-7 first 18 players, shocked we got belted in the middle by an excellent inside mid team like the Dogs.
Preseason board form is ripper though! I was happy with our effort there

well we played like utter crap and it probably looked like a 100 point loss at times, but i'm not overly concerned about it at this stage. we got flogged out of the guts with most of our prime ball winners missing so i'm not sure how much you can really take out of that game. the Bulldogs have a good midfield and by knowing they could win the ball most of the time it probably allowed their outside players to cheat a bit and they ran us off our feet. if we win half those clearances then i think it looks a totally different ball game in the end.

We certainly look more prepared for the season proper than the team itself.
Not sure whether I wanted a like or a sad face thing there.

I prefer it old school - like or nothing. This multiple emotions thing is confusing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will save my proper melting for when we start stinking it up in the real stuff, and even then, if it gets rid of Goody, might be worth it.
Looking forward to this board when Goodwin is sacked only to be replaced by Troy Chaplin.

Left at 3/4 time (or just before) which was part of the deal taking my young one along- she's not quite 6 months)

Positives- thought ANB got to a lot of good spots, done alright.

Jacko took a couple of strong grabs, and got in good spots for a few others. Looks really dynamic. Still can't tell if he's going to be Grundy style, or if hes going to be like a decent version of Kurt tippett who can touch his toes.

Fritsch is Fritsch, what you are constantly going to get is 4/5 shots on goal a game. Unfortunately I can't see him ever getting a bigger bag, 2/3 will be his norm. He just doesn't have the mental attributes to kick 5/6 a game, but he will constantly get a couple because he is slippery.

Lever/May look like they trust each other and have each other's backs.

Negatives: just a meh style. Unfortunately the game style Melbourne play really looks no different than at any time in my adult life of supporting them (bar the neeld rubbish and roos) they try to move the ball too fast at times without any cohesion, and no real idea of where it's going next. It comes off occasionally and looks good, and you get sucked in thinking "hell yeah, they are finally clicking". But 2 passages later, someone loses their footing on their own in space and turns it over, or they overcook a short aggressive pass into the middle and it's turned over with defenders no where near their opponents, because they're trying to create options and push up too. More often than not it results with players getting themselves into trouble, or their mate downfield. It's ingrained in the culture of wearing the red and blue. It doesn't matter that today is a trial match, because this will still be evident in round 10 just like it was in 2020, just like it was in 2017 and just like it was under the reverend.

The pick and choose efforts of some of our senior players, gawn, jones, McDonald etc. We aren't experienced enough with regards to cohesion or anything to just flick a switch for round 1 when some of the other players come back. Thought gawn was monstered today, and if his plan A (which is usually pretty damn good) doesn't work, seems to be very minimal changes to offset it. Would have thought the coaches would do something else to have a back up plan, throw him CHF and put Macca in the ruck or soemthing. It doesn't happen in season, but watching them use English in a more CHF role looked to really work well.

The youth who had a chance to push for round 1 didn't really do anything- Chandler probably got to the right spots enough but didn't get enough opportunity, Baker is continually in and out of games and turns it over far too often. Saw Jordan a few times and looks ok, but obviously still a while off, and sparrow actually looked further away than he did at times last year.

Ugly. There isn't a lot to get excited about. I'm not melting about a trial game, far from it. But I saw pretty much exactly what I expected today (or less).

Unfortunately, adding Oliver, Pickett and Brayshaw back for round 1 isn't going to just change a lot from what I saw. Hibberd and Melksham are probably both a while away, and Viney might be too. Obviously brown and weid after that.

I thought there might have been some differences or changes to give a little optimism, but I initially had us as possible 7-8 if things went our way.

But I'm retracting that and I think we will be looking for a new coach by round 14 and we won't be playing finals.

We were missing some important players no doubt, and the Dogs midfield looked at full strength. I reckon Dogs will be Top 4 this year, and we look well off that pace really. The concerning thing for me was the usual suspects that we need a lift from just don't look like it. TMac, Harmes and Hunt just don't look like it. Was excited to see Jordon play, but he looked like an under 16 kid against the Dogs midfield. Was hoping he'd slot into the midfield to give Trac and Oliver more time down forward, but he struggled to have any impact at all, same with Sparrow. Same issues still seem to plague us. Ball use front of centre and clearances despite smashing the tapouts. We have the most dominant ruckman in the comp and we have no idea how to utilise it. No point going complete melt on our forwardline until we have Kozzie, Brown, Melk and Weid back in. The Dogs midfield completely obliterated ours. Oliver and Viney will help, but Dogs look a league above us tbh. I reckon Bowey looks a player. Hugely important now to have great decision makers who can use the ball(Caleb Daniel). I reckon Bowey will be important for us. Baker, Jackson and Spargo were pretty poor really. In fact, if it wasn't for the brilliance of May and Lever at times, we would have lost that by 12 goals.

Definite concerns, but we'll see how we go against an improving Freo Round 1. If we lose that game with the same issues, I get the feeling our supporters will go complete melt. some online supporter groups already baying for Goody's blood. If we have a poor first month he's in trouble..

I don't believe there are many melts, other than some of the usual suspects.

I think most posters have highlighted that there still looks a huge gulf in what they are doing on field, and what the coaches want them to do. Unless the coaching is instructing them to constantly turn over the ball and make appalling errors, then in that case it's perfect.

The biggest worry is a large group of today's incumbent best 22 played like they'll just flick a switch, and the new guard didn't really play like they are coming for anyone's spot.

There is a lot of hope that B Brown and some good draft picks will help to give our best 22 in 2021 at least a fresh look ....even Geelong keeps adding to its best 22. Please can this be the case so the next coach is given a fighting chance and is not left with a 22 with some of same faces who have struggled for us over the last 2 years.

Will say not sure why they're playing Baker - I think he is far from best 22 and honestly was lucky to keep his spot last year. Just doesn't have a point of difference and his disposal is really bad.
More disappointed in Tmac, Hunt and Harmes. More senior players who just look way off the pace and have done for too long now. Was hoping to see them all show a bit today, but it was the usual from them unfortunately. Certainly not sold on Baker either and we need to see these young guys start to really step up now. Baker, Sparrow, Jordon, Spargo, Petty. The guys who've been around a few years now. Need these guys to be knocking the door down for a spot.

ANB was surpsingly good, actually.

Seemed to be involved with all of our good passages of play moving forward. Hit some great passes and got on the end of a few.

I liked Bowey's endeavour when he came on, didn't seem phased that he was about 20kg lighter than most of his opponents and wanted the ball in his hands. Lovely kick.

The bomb it long to Gawny thing got a bit old (as it always does). Really need to utilise it better and play around with the opposition, as they know we are going long to Gawny and setup for it. Send Hunt out to the other wing and kick it over the top to him? Just try something new every once in a while.

ok so some select bits

feedback welcome

The poms really do need to just get rid of the Royal family.

Back