AAMI pre-season game v Lions - Monday March 8th @ Metricon.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A quarter, really? That's strange.
Not really. You don't want to open the whole stadium for a small crowd. I am maybe too skeptical but my guess is they will be lucky to have 2-3K (the same in some preseason games I went in the past). Mon 6:10pm pm is probably the worst time to schedule a game. Also like me living in Brisbane, not many Lions fans will take half day off and drive on Mon arvo to Metricon just to get stuck in traffic. Kayo on the couch it is.

Last edited:
Not really. You don't want to open the whole stadium for a small crowd. I maybe too sceptical but my guess is they will be lucky to have 2-3K (the same in some preseason games I went in the past). Mon 6:10pm pm is probably the worst time to schedule a game. Also like me living in Brisbane, not many Lions fans will take half day off and drive on Mon arvo to Metricon just to get stuck in traffic. Kayo on the couch it is.
yeah, I was thinking the time on a monday isn't ideal.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not really. You don't want to open the whole stadium for a small crowd. I maybe too sceptical but my guess is they will be lucky to have 2-3K (the same in some preseason games I went in the past). Mon 6:10pm pm is probably the worst time to schedule a game. Also like me living in Brisbane, not many Lions fans will take half day off and drive on Mon arvo to Metricon just to get stuck in traffic. Kayo on the couch it is.

The time is to suit the Victorian public holiday

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Disappointing we aren't getting that game at Whitten Oval anymore, but I have a couple of mates heading a long. Should be a good way to finish a long weekend down here. Just want to see some progress with ball movement.

The caravan event as to why there is limited capacity for monday's game

Our friends at the Caravan & Outdoor Expo have generously given us access to Metricon Stadium on Monday night while they are still packing down their event. As a result, there will be some impact on entry and seating arrangements on Monday night.

Metricon Stadium Entry & Seating
All patrons will be required to enter Metricon Stadium via Gate 1. Access to seating will be around the back of the Eastern Stand.

All seating for this event will be in the Northern Stand due to the caravans still on site.

I would say the Caravan Expo is much more likely the reason that the Suns game is on a Monday night as opposed to the Victoria long weekend.
Yeah. No way could they have done the suns game on the weekend with this expoi.

So while Monday isn't ideal, its better than nothing. Only alternative was to have it in brisbane.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rankine in doubt according to Boswell

Meanwhile, Izak Rankine is in doubt for the game after leaving training on Thursday with an ankle complaint.

“(It) certainly doesn’t look like it’d put anything in doubt going forward in the season so it’ll just be whether he plays Monday,” Dew said.

“We’ll wait until it cools down and have a look.”

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
B: J.Harbrow 5 S.Collins 25 C.Budarick 35
HB: J.Lukosius 13 C.Ballard 10 J.Bowes 3
C: O.Markov 17 T.Miller 11 B.Ellis 4
HF: D.Swallow 24 S.Day 12 N.Anderson 15
F: B.Ainsworth 9 B.King 34 L.Weller 14
Foll: J.Witts 28 H.Greenwood 1 M.Rowell 18
I/C: W.Powell 27 C.Graham 46 A.Sexton 6 D.MacPherson 44 B.Fiorini 8 C.Burgess 29 W.Brodie 7 N.Holman 39

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
SUNS VFL Squad
Fiorini and Holman will also play in AFL game
9 Missing: Thompson, Hollands, Smith, Atkins, Rankine, Jeffrey, Townsend, Murtagh, Farrar
16 AFL players, 7 adademy

2. James Smith (Academy)
8. Brayden Fiorni
16. Jack Johnston (Academy)
19. Josh Corbett
10. Jack Hombsch
21. Bailey Reeves (Academy)
23. Sean Lemmens
26. Sam Flanders
30. Alex Davies
31. Jordan Murdoch
33. Aiden Fyfe
36. Shaye Walsh (Academy)
37. Jeremy Sharp
38. Rhys Nicholls
39. Nick Holman
40. Max Pescud (Academy)
40. Mackenzie Riddle (Academy)
41. Malcolm Rosas
42. Thomas Hofert (Academy)
43. Jez McLennan
45. Luke Towey
47. Hewago Paul Oea
48. Matthew Conroy

Goodguy72

Senior List
Apr 28, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
SUNS VFL Squad
Fiorini and Holman will also play in AFL game
9 Missing: Thompson, Hollands, Smith, Atkins, Rankine, Jeffrey, Townsend, Murtagh, Farrar
16 AFL players, 7 adademy

2. James Smith (Academy)
8. Brayden Fiorni
16. Jack Johnston (Academy)
19. Josh Corbett
10. Jack Hombsch
21. Bailey Reeves (Academy)
23. Sean Lemmens
26. Sam Flanders
30. Alex Davies
31. Jordan Murdoch
33. Aiden Fyfe
36. Shaye Walsh (Academy)
37. Jeremy Sharp
38. Rhys Nicholls
39. Nick Holman
40. Max Pescud (Academy)
40. Mackenzie Riddle (Academy)
41. Malcolm Rosas
42. Thomas Hofert (Academy)
43. Jez McLennan
45. Luke Towey
47. Hewago Paul Oea
48. Matthew Conroy
Good to see Pescud back, given some of the unavailable are Uncontracted past this year you would hope they are injured

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well considering some have not appeared on any injury list and have not played a game despite us losing our second ruckman it's a worry
I think you read too much into it. Wait for the official injury list before regular season starts. Collins was not reported injured either. Farrar and Townsend played last weekend. So it would be just Murtagh who is out of contract and not playing.

Back