Review AAMI Series vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerning that we really have not played a decent team prior to round 1, and if the Roos are shizen as well, we may get a shock when we finally play a semi capable team.

Remember guys, leave Aliir in defence as an intercepting marker. Don't put him on the big bulls and don't try any funny business with his position. He is very much a confidence player and giving him a role he is not suited to will result in him not doing as well and losing confidence. Your coach may get a bright idea of something else he thinks Aliir will be good at, but fight against it. Longmire moved Aliir around a bit and completely messed with his confidence.

I hope he keeps playing well for you guys. Always liked Aliir a lot, and he is a great player when he is left to play the one role he is really good at.

Two words : Aliir Aliir

Remember guys, leave Aliir in defence as an intercepting marker. Don't put him on the big bulls and don't try any funny business with his position. He is very much a confidence player and giving him a role he is not suited to will result in him not doing as well and losing confidence. Your coach may get a bright idea of something else he thinks Aliir will be good at, but fight against it. Longmire moved Aliir around a bit and completely messed with his confidence.

I hope he keeps playing well for you guys. Always liked Aliir a lot, and he is a great player when he is left to play the one role he is really good at.
Hopefully we stick with 2 of Lycett/Ladhams/Hayes rucking then, so Dixon or Aliir don't move out of position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anuthing can happen under Ken. Thankfully Ports playing list has far greater depth than Sydney’s.

agree

Aliir's performances were all over the place but looked amazing as the intercept player in defence

good luck this year with the Swans!

Lots to like about that performance even taking the opposition into account. Good to see so many forward entries where a player got hit on the chest on a fast lead. Not so reliant on long bombs to a contest which can be a lower percentage play.

terrible opposition but we looked clinical in our way of getting numbers around the drop of the ball all the time. Whether it was half forward, half back, didnt matter, we always out numbered them. Our intercept disposals were high. Very good at predicting what they were going to do and cutting it off.

For us, ball movement got better as the day went on. Very clean in the second half. Very positive forward movement, event taking our two main forwards off and still dominating up forward. Midfield looked very good. Drew adds a lot.

Best thing about this is that we must have about 30 guys who could all justifiably be in the Round 1 side, which is a good problem to have.

PLAYER REVIEWS

Dixon - Competed well, had a few frees against, got a few touches.

Jones - Just a solid no frills player. Slotted in in the second half well and just did what he had to do. Love his intent and attack at the ball. And that delicious hair

Mead - Struggled in the third but thought he had a real good last quarter topped off by a lovely snap at goal. Probably won't play round 1 but should get some game time this year.

Boak - A bit sloppy, should have had at least 1 goal but like Dixon, had a decent run around and got some kicks

Clurey - Dominant first half before having a rest. Has had a good pre season

Motlop - In and out of it, not as good as last week. Had some important touches through the first half but didnt see much of the ball after half time

Georgiades - Really enjoyed his game. Strong in the air, quick across the ground and 2.1 was a good reflection of his influence up forward. Can't wait to see what he can do this year

Rockliff - Came on after half time and just did what he does. Waddles around, getting plenty of the ball.

Jonas - Was beaten a few times in contests but overall was solid

Lycett - Sloppy with the ball but the rest of his game was fine. Good in the ruck, found it aroudn the ground

Fantasia - Just so exciting. Adds another dimension to our forward line. If he's having 6 shots at goal a game then we are in a real good position. His pace is great, his positioning is very good and he just knows when and where to lead to get the ball. SHould have kicked 5

Farrell - He was a player I was really unsure about coming into this year but he looks bigger, he looks more confident and he's finding more of the ball so far. 15 touches, 7 inside 50s and a goal was a good performance. I'd play him Round 1.

Rozee - You wouldn't know he's carrying a dangerous foot injury. Took mark of the day, kicked goal of the day and just did as he pleased

Bergman - Solid performer. Parker has done well in recent years in finding players who can just slot straight in and he looks like another. Does he play round 1? I reckon he just misses, but there is a lot to like about his game. Confident, solid defensively, great positioning, smart with the ball. Just looks like a player who doesnt get rattled easily

Ladhams - Really excited by his game today. Couple of goals, plenty of marks. Real good up forward

Burton - He's so important. Fingers crossed he can have a 20 game season this year. Solid as a rock and so clean with the ball. If we are to win a flag, he's one of our most important pieces in doing that

Duursma - Ran around on a wing seemingly on his own most of the game. Solid without being fantastic

Drew - 22 touches, 8 tackles, few clearances. Did his R1 chances no harm at all. I like him in the team. Tall, quick, great defensively at stoppages and a very smart quick thinker with the ball.

DBJ - 27 touches. A lot of the ball. Probably didnt have the influence with it he often can.

Allir Allir - So ******* good. Love him. Went for his marks and took them. Ran off with the ball. Just looked like a man mountain out there. Wonderful game

Gray - Enjoyed his contest with McPherson. In the end he had a lot of the ball, kicked 2 and had a huge influence up forward. Very smart

Amon - Dominant first half, was in cruise control after that. Loving him spending more time around the ball instead of the wing

Butters - Excellent four quarter effort. Great around the ball all day and so clever with his ball use. Best on ground

Wines - Beast mode today. Heaps of the ball, won it with ease and kicked 2. Lets hope he has another gear to go to this year

Bonner - I've called for two years that I just want to see him play across half forward in that Lynch type flanker role. He's had two good games now. 27 touches, 15 marks. Surely he plays Round 1. I hope he's found his calling as a footballer.

Houston - 34 touches, 16 marks. Players with his role have picked up a huge amount of the ball with the new rules. Had a monster game.

terrible opposition but we looked clinical in our way of getting numbers around the drop of the ball all the time. Whether it was half forward, half back, didnt matter, we always out numbered them. Our intercept disposals were high. Very good at predicting what they were going to do and cutting it off.

For us, ball movement got better as the day went on. Very clean in the second half. Very positive forward movement, event taking our two main forwards off and still dominating up forward. Midfield looked very good. Drew adds a lot.

Best thing about this is that we must have about 30 guys who could all justifiably be in the Round 1 side, which is a good problem to have.

PLAYER REVIEWS

Dixon - Competed well, had a few frees against, got a few touches.

Jones - Just a solid no frills player. Slotted in in the second half well and just did what he had to do. Love his intent and attack at the ball. And that delicious hair

Mead - Struggled in the third but thought he had a real good last quarter topped off by a lovely snap at goal. Probably won't play round 1 but should get some game time this year.

Boak - A bit sloppy, should have had at least 1 goal but like Dixon, had a decent run around and got some kicks

Clurey - Dominant first half before having a rest. Has had a good pre season

Motlop - In and out of it, not as good as last week. Had some important touches through the first half but didnt see much of the ball after half time

Georgiades - Really enjoyed his game. Strong in the air, quick across the ground and 2.1 was a good reflection of his influence up forward. Can't wait to see what he can do this year

Rockliff - Came on after half time and just did what he does. Waddles around, getting plenty of the ball.

Jonas - Was beaten a few times in contests but overall was solid

Lycett - Sloppy with the ball but the rest of his game was fine. Good in the ruck, found it aroudn the ground

Fantasia - Just so exciting. Adds another dimension to our forward line. If he's having 6 shots at goal a game then we are in a real good position. His pace is great, his positioning is very good and he just knows when and where to lead to get the ball. SHould have kicked 5

Farrell - He was a player I was really unsure about coming into this year but he looks bigger, he looks more confident and he's finding more of the ball so far. 15 touches, 7 inside 50s and a goal was a good performance. I'd play him Round 1.

Rozee - You wouldn't know he's carrying a dangerous foot injury. Took mark of the day, kicked goal of the day and just did as he pleased

Bergman - Solid performer. Parker has done well in recent years in finding players who can just slot straight in and he looks like another. Does he play round 1? I reckon he just misses, but there is a lot to like about his game. Confident, solid defensively, great positioning, smart with the ball. Just looks like a player who doesnt get rattled easily

Ladhams - Really excited by his game today. Couple of goals, plenty of marks. Real good up forward

Burton - He's so important. Fingers crossed he can have a 20 game season this year. Solid as a rock and so clean with the ball. If we are to win a flag, he's one of our most important pieces in doing that

Duursma - Ran around on a wing seemingly on his own most of the game. Solid without being fantastic

Drew - 22 touches, 8 tackles, few clearances. Did his R1 chances no harm at all. I like him in the team. Tall, quick, great defensively at stoppages and a very smart quick thinker with the ball.

DBJ - 27 touches. A lot of the ball. Probably didnt have the influence with it he often can.

Allir Allir - So ******* good. Love him. Went for his marks and took them. Ran off with the ball. Just looked like a man mountain out there. Wonderful game

Gray - Enjoyed his contest with McPherson. In the end he had a lot of the ball, kicked 2 and had a huge influence up forward. Very smart

Amon - Dominant first half, was in cruise control after that. Loving him spending more time around the ball instead of the wing

Butters - Excellent four quarter effort. Great around the ball all day and so clever with his ball use. Best on ground

Wines - Beast mode today. Heaps of the ball, won it with ease and kicked 2. Lets hope he has another gear to go to this year

Bonner - I've called for two years that I just want to see him play across half forward in that Lynch type flanker role. He's had two good games now. 27 touches, 15 marks. Surely he plays Round 1. I hope he's found his calling as a footballer.

Houston - 34 touches, 16 marks. Players with his role have picked up a huge amount of the ball with the new rules. Had a monster game.

thanks and a wonderful summary

I love to hear our depth players are making big moves. That's where the big improvement comes from, required to win a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back