2nds Aaron Davey to play for Richmond VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Man some people talk absolute s**t on here. Think the footy department has earned enough credits over the last few years in regards to drafting, people making ridiculous calls before we've even seen them play a match :rolleyes:

Back to Davey, regardless of the fact he was pretty poor in his last few years it doesn't change the fact that in his prrime he was a very talented player. Just because his body held him back doesn't change the fact he had immense talent and is very experienced and knowledgeable.

His understanding of the game and experience will be invaluable to guys like Lennon and McDonough as Davey will be able to pass on handy little tips he found that worked on the field due to his experience.

Which indigenous players is he talking about? I assume a few of our top up players for the VFL will be aboriginal?

Good score to get Davey. Another good reason to attend our VFL matches - in terms of cost & convenience vs entertainment, I might just prefer watching our reserves next year with its mixture of mature talent and developing players. Its just a pity we don't have more indigenous senior-list players, he would be a great influence and support.
Would be nice for the club to record the game on the days that its not on the ABC(If Phil Cleary gets his way,No ABC for our reserves side)and have it on the site.Maybe a more realistic chance once PRO is up and running with fixed cameras.

I know you guys are trying to be funny but there are indigenous kids in the VFL team, responsibilities in the KGI and the all indigenous team that plays out of KGI. There's no way we could have afforded to pay him enough to play in our VFL team if we didn't have a role in place outside of AFL/VFL. Very shrewd Benny Gale, KGI bearing its fruits after all. :)

Edit: This team - http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-02-27/richmond-to-support-allindigenous-team

Would be nice for the club to record the game on the days that its not on the ABC(If Phil Cleary gets his way,No ABC for our reserves side)and have it on the site.Maybe a more realistic chance once PRO is up and running with fixed cameras.

I posted this on the Richmond VFL but I want to put it here as well because I don't think a lot of people frequent the VFL board right now and I wanted some feed back

I have a deep interest in watching these games now. Almost as much as the seniors.
Being a Queenslander would make it a bit hard though

Any chance that these games will be filmed semi-professionally?

RFC_Official any discussion on this. I would pay a small subscription to watch good quality Richmond VFL games streamed on the internet. Would be a great perk to include as a part of the interstate membership as well :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mentoring part is referring to his role at the Korin Gamadji Institute. Though you may have already known that, can't tell if you were simply taking the piss or not.

The quote was "working closely with the club's indigenous players"
we have 1 who I would think does not really need mentoring from aaron davey.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for strengthening the VFL side and getting guys with experience, and I think davey can be a good aquisition, however this "mentoring indigenous players" line made me laugh.

I think a TAC cup team will be playing out of the institute soon. I'm guessing Davey will have a big hand in that.

Yep, pretty sure you're right NZ Tiger - they will be taking part in the TAC cup next season.

I think the Korin Gamadji Institute (KGI) don't solely look after the welfare and personal development of football playing Aboriginals but also younger indigenous people in the wider community. Great initiative by the club and can only help strengthen our ties to the Indigenous community. Also gives us front row tickets to seeing the young Indigenous talent available in upcoming drafts and to gauge their character/leadership through the institute.

The quote was "working closely with the club's indigenous players"
we have 1 who I would think does not really need mentoring from aaron davey.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for strengthening the VFL side and getting guys with experience, and I think davey can be a good aquisition, however this "mentoring indigenous players" line made me laugh.

1 in AFL
2-3 in VFL
Whole team in TAC

I know you guys are trying to be funny but there are indigenous kids in the VFL team, responsibilities in the KGI and the all indigenous team that plays out of KGI. There's no way we could have afforded to pay him enough to play in our VFL team if we didn't have a role in place outside of AFL/VFL. Very shrewd Benny Gale, KGI bearing its fruits after all. :)

Edit: This team - http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-02-27/richmond-to-support-allindigenous-team

Agreed Dr Mike. I genuinely wish to express thanks to Richie Tambling as well - I seem to recall he played a pivotal role in helping us get Government funding to build the institute to begin with. People may remember him as the guy picked before Buddy in the '04 draft but IMO, this is an even better and worthwhile legacy to leave behind as it helps us and the wider Indigenous community moving forward. Without his drafting and help, who knows if any of these initiatives would be possible.

On ya Richie! Hope to see your boy running around in Richmond colours in 10 years or so as a father son pick :thumbsu:

Very happy with this pick up - has about 180 odd games of AFL experience and will be a great mentor and leader for our younger players on what it takes to make it in the AFL. Hopefully he can be a great VFL player for us but more importantly, hopefully he can become a great off field addition to our coaching ranks and the KG Institute.

With some of the talent available to our VFL side, we should be hoping/aiming for finals!

I know for a fact that the game's are going to be streamed on the website (not sure if live or not). They are comprising their media team out of La Trobe Uni Journalism students.

I posted this on the Richmond VFL but I want to put it here as well because I don't think a lot of people frequent the VFL board right now and I wanted some feed back
Great idea,Hooch.I'd subscribe to the service if available.

There is a rights issue there unfortunately. Other clubs have tried. It is absurd. You can get quite a few local leagues and VAFA now, even if it is a download on Tuesday, but not the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back