Retired Aaron Davey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Aaron Davey

Davey won't be dropped, he has too many credits in the bank.

But he needs to get back some of the lost respect over that incident where he shirked the issue re body contact. It nmade him look really bad.

Reminded me of Steve Stretch in the 88 Grand Final. Unfortunately, Stretch's name never recovered from the short steps he put in that day in front of Dipper and 100,000 people.

I think Davey at worst will be used as a sub...maybe the best thing for him to be shaken out of his bad form at the moment.

A first gamer in Evans showed more heart than Davey today! And surely Bailey must make a statement with him now. Davey simply doesn't work hard enough. Go back to Casey for a month with Cale Morton and learn how to do the basics again.

And this was the week Bailey wanted 'more flair'. Honestly. We all know Davey is long odds to be dropped. Bailey has never made a statement like that. Why start now. I called (incorrectly, granted) for Sylvia (spelled correctly) to be dropped after the WC 'effort' to make a statement that that kind of performance is not to be tolerated by senior players, or anyone for that matter. It won't happen

He's on a massive deal, and has got 2/3 years left to run on it, I suggest we all get to grips with it. His kicking is still there, just struggling to cope with the attention he gets.

2011 has been a write-off. He'll be back.

He's on a massive deal, and has got 2/3 years left to run on it, I suggest we all get to grips with it. His kicking is still there, just struggling to cope with the attention he gets.

2011 has been a write-off. He'll be back.

"Flush " Davey is laughing at us now, with that mega 4 year deal he stitched us up with. I have never seen a player drop form so quickly as he has.Well he has got his megabucks....and you are right....we just have to suck it up.:(

Positive spin - broken leg late last year ruined his preseason and combined with injury this year just hasn't got the fitness to burst with speed and find space. A big preseason over summer will fix him up.

Negative spin - pea heart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2011 is obviously a write off for him.

I know people are disappointed in him and rightfully so but I wouldn't write him off just yet. A big pre season, a fresh coach, he could come back a re invigorated player.

Hope the new coach trades/delists him.

Need to make hard calls and Flash has gone from our best player to a pea hearted hack.

Positive spin - broken leg late last year ruined his preseason and combined with injury this year just hasn't got the fitness to burst with speed and find space. A big preseason over summer will fix him up.

good news is that he gets to start that big preseason on monday morning, courtesy of that elbow...

Fickle supporters are.. fickle.

He is an out of form receiver in a bad side. Simple.

One of our best - will be around for many years yet guys.

One eyed supporter is.. one eyed.

He used to be, now he is pathetic, seriously, if you think he is one of our best or that Davey will ever return to the level he once could play at you need your head read.

Get a grip on reality.

Fickle supporters are.. fickle.

He is an out of form receiver in a bad side. Simple.

One of our best - will be around for many years yet guys.
I'm with D16.

He's clearly not the on-field leader many of us expected him to become after his B&F year, but his quality cannot be questioned. As the side gets better, he will too.

I think he could add value as a crumber next year, unless one of our younger guys steps up.

I'm partially with Rude on this issue, he has lost a lot of pace... it's very noticable.

He isn't going to be the same player.

We can't afford to get rid of him though, especially with Jurrah needing guidance (even more so with Wonna unlikely to be at the club next year IMO)

Lets just hope he tears it up while he's still on this contract and then we can ship him off to Carlton or Brisbane for a first rounder (Y)

But seriously, would be deadly in a good team.

Pardon the intrusion.

There's a thread over on our board now about him. For those that think that its best that he parts ways with the club, drop over and tell us what he's worth with a bit of friendly banter.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=861426

I will just hope that a BIG pre-season and an new coach can get him back on track because his class cant be questioned.

Like alot of MFC players needs some more desire by the looks of it, maybe what 4 long hard season does to our players........cant imagine what its like, we all talk about Baileys record, that is the record that our senior players have been forced to endure through the full rebuild, would suck as a player in your prime i would imagine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back