Recommitted Aaron Francis [re-signed for 3 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will be interesting to see what Aaron does this year. Has been offered an extension at Bombers for a while but hasnt signed on. Spent alot of time last off season back in Adelaide. Wanted a trade a couple of years ago, and he may do the same again.

Will be interesting to see what Aaron does this year. Has been offered an extension at Bombers for a while but hasnt signed on. Spent alot of time last off season back in Adelaide. Wanted a trade a couple of years ago, and he may do the same again.

Reckon he will head home.

Won't be too upset to be honest. Unlike alot of Bombers fans I am not as high on him as others. Has prodigious talent but has no tank and is always gassed by the end of every quarter.

Reckon he is one of those players who would have been a hall of famer if he played in an earlier era but in today's Game is just not fit enough

Reckon he will head home.

Won't be too upset to be honest. Unlike alot of Bombers fans I am not as high on him as others. Has prodigious talent but has no tank and is always gassed by the end of every quarter.

Reckon he is one of those players who would have been a hall of famer if he played in an earlier era but in today's Game is just not fit enough
There was always a knock on his stamina. Would have thought they would have fixed this by now if it was possible to do so, even with his other issues which may have held back his fitness.

There was always a knock on his stamina. Would have thought they would have fixed this by now if it was possible to do so, even with his other issues which may have held back his fitness.

I think it is fixable and he will become serviceable. But to be the superstar he looks will need a whole other level and not sure he has it.

Going to take until 23-24 with Aaron to build his base I reckon but at 25 I expect him to be considered one of the best bigs in the league

I think it is fixable and he will become serviceable. But to be the superstar he looks will need a whole other level and not sure he has it.
Some payers are limited by their VO2 Max scores and just never quite develop the tank even though they look like superstars as the lower level (Patrick Vezspremi an example).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some payers are limited by their VO2 Max scores and just never quite develop the tank even though they look like superstars as the lower level (Patrick Vezspremi an example).

Don't think you need a huge tank to be an intercept defender. Only thing holding him back is Ambrose having a ripping season allowing Hurley and Hooker to be our more offensive talls.

I don't think it's a huge blight on him not to be able to force himself into the side ahead of them. Soon enough Hurley or Hooker will ping a hammy and he'll get a gig and look very comfortable back there imo.

He's almost 22 and has shown very little at AFL level. He may well end up being a decent player but I can't see how anyone could predict him to be one of the best in the league.

He was best on ground in the last game last year. Now the six-six-six has hurt him and the side more than any other individual. Was tailor made to be the plus one in defence. Now he'll take longer as he builds his tank and settles in his new role but he'll be a very damaging forward in years to come.

Not convinced he’s a forward. I’d persist with him as a defender. Of send back to VFL to work on his forward craft.

Why? We just had a win where he was involved in half our goals. 15 disposals, 6 marks and 1 goal three assists is more than enough to keep pursuing with him up forward.

And as usual you'd be wrong.
you don't think Dodoro has not earned the reputation for being the most difficult list manager in the AFL by a distance to deal with for a reason..but good on him for making it hard for players to dictate - I wish our club had been that way as up till recently it has been too easy for players to walk without adequate compenasation

you don't think Dodoro has not earned the reputation for being the most difficult list manager in the AFL by a distance to deal with for a reason..but good on him for making it hard for players to dictate - I wish our club had been that way as up till recently it has been too easy for players to walk without adequate compenasation
Which of our recent trades says that? The ONE you could use would be Carlisle, where they were offering Hickey and pick 25...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back