Recommitted Aaron Francis [re-signed for 3 more years]

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
We will likely miss finals so a top 10 pick for Francis and pick 25-35

If he actually requested a trade (value would then go down) what would you be wanting for him (Like realistic from both sides nothing crazy..)?
Picks aren't much use to us unless there are ready to go extractor type mids

If Port want Francis, I want Wines
If Sydney want Daniher, I want Parker.

We lose the future of our bookends, but gain the inside grunt we severely lack.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Picks aren't much use to us unless there are ready to go extractor type mids

If Port want Francis, I want Wines
If Sydney want Daniher, I want Parker.

We lose the future of our bookends, but gain the inside grunt we severely lack.

I’d probably do Francis and your 1st next year for Wines and our 2nd next year.

Slight overpay if Wines hadn’t even requested out (with 3 years to run) and Francis did, but personally don’t rate Wines as highly as others which is why I’d do it.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
We will likely miss finals so a top 10 pick for Francis and pick 25-35

If he actually requested a trade (value would then go down) what would you be wanting for him (Like realistic from both sides nothing crazy..)?

Reckon he’s worth the equivalent of pick 11-20. He’s a top 5 pick who’s finally got his issues behind him and has played 25 games, basically the equivalent of one season of footy. He’s shown some incredible stuff for a player with that tiny amount of experience. I’d hate to see him go.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reckon he’s worth the equivalent of pick 11-20. He’s a top 5 pick who’s finally got his issues behind him and has played 25 games, basically the equivalent of one season of footy. He’s shown some incredible stuff for a player with that tiny amount of experience. I’d hate to see him go.
No way he is worth anything like pick 11-20.
Mid second rounder at best.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
No way he is worth anything like pick 11-20.
Mid second rounder at best.
on current showing, probably right.
Which is why it would be dumb to trade him now after 25 games.

Francis, Zerk, Ridley, McKenna, Saad and Redman will carry our backline forward for the future.
Shouldnt be trading any of them out.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
on current showing, probably right.
Which is why it would be dumb to trade him now after 25 games.

Francis, Zerk, Ridley, McKenna, Saad and Redman will carry our backline forward for the future.
Shouldnt be trading any of them out.
Absolutely, he is worth more to Essendon to stay than to trade. Might have to offer him overs if he wants to go back home. I knew he was going to ask for a trade the other time, but dont have that same connection to him anymore.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Absolutely, he is worth more to Essendon to stay than to trade. Might have to offer him overs if he wants to go back home. I knew he was going to ask for a trade the other time, but dont have that same connection to him anymore.
i dont think its a money thing (only going off what i've read, wouldn't know anything outside tha)
Seems like he wants to know he'll be played in defence instead of dicked around in the forward line
Makes sense cos he plays well there. Hooker can go fwd. Hurley is a better one on one defender (well, once was).

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
i dont think its a money thing (only going off what i've read, wouldn't know anything outside tha)
Seems like he wants to know he'll be played in defence instead of dicked around in the forward line
Makes sense cos he plays well there. Hooker can go fwd. Hurley is a better one on one defender (well, once was).
Doesn't Hooker hate going forward as well?
Francis likes to play that intercepting defender, but as a Jr they thought he could play forward and also move into the midfield.
Him and Darcy Fogherty have similar attributes in my eyes, with one being more happy to play back and other forward.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Doesn't Hooker hate going forward as well?
Francis likes to play that intercepting defender, but as a Jr they thought he could play forward and also move into the midfield.
Him and Darcy Fogherty have similar attributes in my eyes, with one being more happy to play back and other forward.
i dont think he minds either way.
Would love Fog at Essendon. Pure forward who can kick straight, lead and mark.
We havent had one since Lloyd.

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
read into this what you wanna but no mention of Francis staying or Going, https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-11/2019-free-agents-who-will-stay-who-will-go-latest-whispers

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
i dont think Will Snelling is really classified as a UFA either but he is mentioned.

2019 Unrestricted Free Agents

Essendon

Mark Baguley
David Myers
Zac Clarke (Rookie)*
Michael Hartley*
Mitch Brown*
Will Snelling (Rookie)*
Matt Dea (Rookie)*

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Late 1st would be good get for Essendon Francis has shown some talent but hasn't really produced to date...

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Late 1st would be good get for Essendon Francis has shown some talent but hasn't really produced to date...

No it wouldn’t. Hurley and Hooker are close to cooked and we’d be trading our best player from the final. If we trade him willing we have ******* rocks in the head.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
No it wouldn’t. Hurley and Hooker are close to cooked and we’d be trading our best player from the final. If we trade him willing we have ******* rocks in the head.

Better start upping your offer to him then.

Back