Traded Aaron Francis [Traded with #42 to Swans for #37 and F4]

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
A shoutout to all the posters on this thread - you guys managed to get it to 2 pages long for a guy that won't be going anywhere and neither SA club is likely to have any interest in. That is dedication:thumbsu:

A shoutout to all the posters on this thread - you guys managed to get it to 2 pages long for a guy that won't be going anywhere and neither SA club is likely to have any interest in. That is dedication:thumbsu:
Andrew Walker wore a hat and the thread got to 15 pages+ long

Aaron Francis is a tease. Can absolutely play, but can't do it for long enough

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Francis is a gun, he is a step ahead of the average player [ we have a team full of average].
Hopefully one of the SA clubs grab him and we get to see his full value.

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's happened to him? I haven't been following mich of Essendon this year. He always had that potential... I guess its rebuild time for the dons next year?

In hindsight dons should have traded Francis a long time ago when he had some value. Appears now he will be Dfa.

PrisonBars4life

Club Legend
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Depends if they need all their picks I guess. Plenty of clubs swap picks they wouldn’t have used if they’d kept them, and it gets it done sooner rather than waiting.

Also depends somewhat if there’s interest from both clubs or just one… if both and assuming the contract offer is similar, his manager would probably encourage him to go with the club that values him enough to get it sorted out quickly, rather than dragging out for weeks.

Seems like the f/s issue is a you problem. I am not sure anyone is looking to help out Essendon with the way they trade. If anything it would be a Port 2022 3rd rounder for Francis plus Essendon 2023 3rd rounder type deal. I can see Port picking him up and swapping out the list spot with Sam Skinner who I can't believe passed a medical. If he's OOC he has zero value and if he's not, noone would waste their time.

What's happened to him? I haven't been following mich of Essendon this year. He always had that potential... I guess its rebuild time for the dons next year?

In hindsight dons should have traded Francis a long time ago when he had some value. Appears now he will be Dfa.
We've been in rebuild mode for 2 years now. He got overtaken as a medium defender by Laverde and Ridley, they tried him forward and struggled.
Seems like the f/s issue is a you problem. I am not sure anyone is looking to help out Essendon with the way they trade. If anything it would be a Port 2022 3rd rounder for Francis plus Essendon 2023 3rd rounder type deal. I can see Port picking him up and swapping out the list spot with Sam Skinner who I can't believe passed a medical. If he's OOC he has zero value and if he's not, noone would waste their time.
I think you'll find most clubs are okay with a quid pro quo sort of thing for points.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Intresting he hasn't been delisted along with Tom Cutler,Tom Hird,McDonugh maybe he wants a trade to one of the SA clubs?

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Thought this guy was going to be the next Goddard four years ago. Sadly a wasted career so far.

His game against Port Adelaide where he took that hanger was a thing of beauty, then we proceeded to stuff up his development, throwing him back and front every 6 weeks. No consistency whatsoever. In the end favored Heppell as the interceptor just to find a spot in the team for the undeserving Captain and Francis career was essentially done for us. Would really benefit from a hard task master and a leader demanding of respect instead of the nice guy she'll be right ones we've had.

Back