Traded Aaron Hall [traded to North Melbourne for pick 68]

Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This shits me...non free agents should not be able to nominate a preferred club. If he does not want to play at GC fair enough but they then should be able to deal with whoever gives them the best deal...not just who these blokes would prefer to play for
He wasn’t offered a contract but

Gold Coast midfielder Aaron Hall's manager, James Pitcher, confirmed on Trade Radio his client would seek a trade to North Melbourne. It's believed the trade could be completed for North's fourth-round pick.

Im not sure teaching a 28 year old how to defend is really going to work. An earlier poster even suggested playing him as a defensive forward to develop that part if his game. Not going to happen I wouldnt think. Instead North would be bringing him in to provide some more run and attack along with Polec. Without looking at the stats I would imagine Hall, like Polec, ranks pretty highly in meters gained. This is clearly something they are targeting.

Im not sure teaching a 28 year old how to defend is really going to work. An earlier poster even suggested playing him as a defensive forward to develop that part if his game. Not going to happen I wouldnt think. Instead North would be bringing him in to provide some more run and attack along with Polec. Without looking at the stats I would imagine Hall, like Polec, ranks pretty highly in meters gained. This is clearly something they are targeting.
As long North score more than opposition , Hall will be great addition.

As long North score more than opposition , Hall will be great addition.

We play a 5 man half back set up, and Hall will be utilised in a release role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me another job where I can go to my boss and say ...sorry I don't want to work here anymore but can you please help me get to a direct competitor who will pay me more money and my job will be to ensure that my new employer is better than you?

Excellent get for North.

Midfield of:

C: Hall, Gaff, Polec
R: Goldstein, Higgins, Cunnington

Sounds extremely good on paper, whether they can get all of Hall, Gaff and Polec would be my question. Who knows, you'd think they have a massive warchest built up, if they have 2.5 mil ish spare that should get it done for all 3. $2.5 mil is possible if they front ended their previous contract and get rid of a few veterans this season

I think Hall is a good get. He's not a perfect player but he can really do some damage offensively and he won't get too much attention at North. Plus I don't think its bad for them grabbing a 28 year old either because it fits in with Higgins, Cunnington and Ziebell. If they can't get something done in the next 3-4 years a midfield rebuild will be required in any case.

He's good depth but he's 29 years old and he's not starting on the wings ahead of Polec and Gaff. He'd not be much different to Billy Hartung quality wise.

Don't agree with that comparison, but anyway, 2 x $400K and an option is fine by me.

Back