Traded Aaron Hall [traded to North Melbourne for pick 68]

Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a higher Champion Data rating than Brad Hill for the season playing in a worse team. Would be Freo's 7th best rated player even though he can barely breathe :thumbsu: Guess you should drop 3/4 of your team.

Ranked 2nd at north for pressure on the wing :thumbsu::thumbsu:
I have zero idea how CD have come up with that, I prefer to judge footballers by watching them play football.

Edit - just checked their stats because you made me curious.

On pressure acts this season - Brad Hill averages more than Hall. He averages more possesions, more metres gained, more score involvements, higher disposal eff %, more marks, more clearances, more score launches. Do you know what stats CD is looking at?

No side in the comp would take Hall over Brad Hill if they had the choice. Brad has had a great start to the year, Hall not so much.

Hall is turning 29 and has looked average at best this season. Reading the North board it sounds like most of them agree. Gold Coast wanted him gone for a reason, North fans are finding out the hard way.

I have zero idea how CD have come up with that, I prefer to judge footballers by watching them play football.

Edit - just checked their stats because you made me curious.

On pressure acts this season - Brad Hill averages more than Hall. He averages more possesions, more metres gained, more score involvements, higher disposal eff %, more marks, more clearances, more score launches. Do you know what stats CD is looking at?

No side in the comp would take Hall over Brad Hill if they had the choice. Brad has had a great start to the year, Hall not so much.

Hall is turning 29 and has looked average at best this season. Reading the North board it sounds like most of them agree. Gold Coast wanted him gone for a reason, North fans are finding out the hard way.
Posts about stats, then claims to judge based on watching football and not stats :straining:

Im not saying Hall is better than Hill, champion data is... Its kind of funny that you appeal to the expertise of the meltiest posters on the GC Suns board... Hall would be coming 4th for pressure acts if he was at GC Suns, who said he isn't defensive enough. This even though Hall is playing purely outside football :tearsofjoy: Hall is also leading North Melbourne for tackles :relaxed: He has more tackles and defensive acts than Captain "inside mid" Swallow does for Gold Coast :thumbsu:

Hall is doing fine for a pick 68, he is helping with North's transitions a lot. I think he will improve as the season goes on, hopefully he can start at some centre bounces.

Posts about stats, then claims to judge based on watching football and not stats :straining:

Im not saying Hall is better than Hill, champion data is... Its kind of funny that you appeal to the expertise of the meltiest posters on the GC Suns board... Hall would be coming 4th for pressure acts if he was at GC Suns, who said he isn't defensive enough. This even though Hall is playing purely outside football :tearsofjoy: Hall is also leading North Melbourne for tackles :relaxed: He has more tackles and defensive acts than Captain "inside mid" Swallow does for Gold Coast :thumbsu:

Hall is doing fine for a pick 68, he is helping with North's transitions a lot. I think he will improve as the season goes on, hopefully he can start at some centre bounces.
Hill is better in most stats & watching him play. Is that better?

Hill is better in most stats & watching him play. Is that better?
tenor.gif

It's good to know that Hill in his break-out best ever year is doing marginally better than Aaron Hall who is having a mediocre start to the year by his standards while finding his feet at a new club and dealing with injuries and breathing problems :) I guess Hill can keep his spot in the starting 22 then... :p

Source on CD rating him higher? He's averaging 77 CD/SC points compared to Hill's 90

Also lol at Hall having the most tackles for North with an average of 3.8, think that says more about North.

It's not about stats. Main problem is that Hall is not a team player. He's selfish, soft, does not like 2 way running. Nobody misses him at Suns. Once the opposition puts someone on him he gives up. The game against Lions was a typical one. First half Hall looked gold. In the second half Fagan put Robinson on him and he disappeared. Funny enough, North still think he's great. I predict he will be outside best 22 late in the season. North will go nowhere while he is on the team. Players would go to war with Swallow. They would not go with Hall even to pub.

It's not about stats. Main problem is that Hall is not a team player. He's selfish, soft, does not like 2 way running. Nobody misses him at Suns. Once the opposition puts someone on him he gives up. The game against Lions was a typical one. First half Hall looked gold. In the second half Fagan put Robinson on him and he disappeared. Funny enough, North still think he's great. I predict he will be outside best 22 late in the season. North will go nowhere while he is on the team. Players would go to war with Swallow. They would not go with Hall even to pub.
Leading North for tackles and second in pressure acts from a wing, not bad for a player who "doesn't run both ways" :) Beating Swallow in all defensive statistics so far this season :$ Despite nearly fainting every game due to a throat problem. He is such a bad player that opposition teams have to tag him out on the wing :straining:

And he can do this stuff, which nobody else in either team can do:

Leading North for tackles and second in pressure acts from a wing, not bad for a player who "doesn't run both ways" :) Beating Swallow in all defensive statistics so far this season :$ Despite nearly fainting every game due to a throat problem. He is such a bad player that opposition teams have to tag him out on the wing :straining:

And he can do this stuff, which nobody else either team can do:

Swallow score more goal .

And he can do this stuff, which nobody else either team can do:
Run everyway so tagger don't tag him .

Leading North for tackles and second in pressure acts from a wing, not bad for a player who "doesn't run both ways" :) Beating Swallow in all defensive statistics so far this season :$ Despite nearly fainting every game due to a throat problem. He is such a bad player that opposition teams have to tag him out on the wing
Just enjoy him if you like.

Regardless of whether he's had a good year or not, you guys recruited him along with other mature players as part of a scheme to lift you into finals.
Maybe the whole strategy was a failure.

And he can do this stuff, which nobody else in either team can do:

You guys don't seem too happy with him after that one

Has a higher Champion Data rating than Brad Hill for the season playing in a worse team. Would be Freo's 7th best rated player even though he can barely breathe :thumbsu: Guess you should drop 3/4 of your team.

Ranked 2nd at north for pressure on the wing :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Can you point me in the direction of where you got this stat from because from what I can tell, he is no where near Brad Hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you read what they are saying about him on the North board?

The same thing they are saying about 70% of the 22 players that played :) Im surprised that football clubs haven't figured out they should base selection decisions on what the meltiest mainboard posters are saying on bigfooty.

Hall's bad games are better than most of your players' good games :$ I hope Hill 20 & 2s this weekend or he should be dropped for a young player. All players who have average stats should be dropped imo. Only 33% of players in the AFL shouldn't be sent back to vfl.

You can see why it only cost pick 68.

Taking up 500k another team morale booster for his teammates to know that.

How s**t would it be seeing Polec on 750k average (possibly closer to a mil this year being front ended) and Hall on 500k !!

You can see why it only cost pick 68.

Taking up 500k another team morale booster for his teammates to know that.

How s**t would it be seeing Polec on 750k average (possibly closer to a mil this year being front ended) and Hall on 500k !!
I don’t think many of their teammates could say too much with the way they are performing

Back