Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One way runner.
Liability defensively is the reason why he’s been dropped in recent years.

Couldn’t see him and Hartung in the same team. They’d get cut up.

One way runner.
Liability defensively is the reason why he’s been dropped in recent years.

Couldn’t see him and Hartung in the same team. They’d get cut up.

Agree about Hall's one way running, hopefully he can improve that.

Hartung's defencive running was actually pretty good when he was fit. He still had a few afraid of his own shadow moments though.

He'll probably be looking for more than that. North couldn't afford to miss out on another player by penny pinching when they keep missing out on players when offering godfather offers.
Yea, how about no. North is under zero pressure. Repeating this bull of north being under pressure is so beyond reality, it’s troll bait.

Yea, how about no. North is under zero pressure. Repeating this bull of north being under pressure is so beyond reality, it’s troll bait.

Don't worry about responding mate. Hall is clearly closer to the value Hartung/Williams move than the big moves on Gaff and Polec.

lets not under play this dude's signing, this guy offers assets that we severely lack which is devastating line breaking ability with pin point right foot. The defensive side of the game is not a problem because at GC, such was there culture that they dont play defensively. This guy is a professional, you cannot seriously tell me that he does not know how to apply pressure, tackle and chase. In our team, we apply a defensive style that is different to richmond and for the first half of the year it was considered one of the best. We defend from the center to back and his speed can definitely help in this regard. Play this guy off a bench for bursts to get the best out of him. I would say this guy and Polec could be far more important than Gaff and Kelly in that the previous two ensures the foundations are sound. Gaff and Kelly are the cherry on the cake type to delivery the goods but you got to have the cake in the first place. Addition of Hall and Polec ensure the cake looks good and has shape and structure.
Pinpoint kick

You obviously only watch the highlights. They are either awful or amazing kicks. Far more awful than amazing especially because his decision making process is based around selfishness. Not one to honour a lead, just wants himself to look good.

Don't even get me started on his inability to defend coupled with how uncoachable and sooky he is.

So glad to see him gone. I'll be genuinely impressed if North iron it all out. Good luck!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pinpoint kick

You obviously only watch the highlights. They are either awful or amazing kicks. Far more awful than amazing especially because his decision making process is based around selfishness. Not one to honour a lead, just wants himself to look good.

Don't even get me started on his inability to defend coupled with how uncoachable and sooky he is.

So glad to see him gone. I'll be genuinely impressed if North iron it all out. Good luck!

Should b fine considering we turn hospital higgins into one of leagues best...

Should b fine considering we turn hospital higgins into one of leagues best...
Don't remember Higgins being remotely uncoachable like Hall but honestly I hope you figure out his personality. He has the potential to be a decent player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't remember Higgins being remotely uncoachable like Hall but honestly I hope you figure out his personality. He has the potential to be a decent player.

Most likely scenario due to his age and length of time his bad habits have been, we play him off a bench as a burst player. When he comes up burst if 5 minutes in the guts with a take em on attitude. Limit his role clarify his job description.

I'd be very surprised if Gold Coast could wrangle a third rounder for Hall. He's just about worthless at this point.

Wrangle? They aren't even offering him a contract. Filthy nailed it. It will be a Marley Williams type scenario. A worthless pick will go North as a token gesture that a trade has occurred.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-18/the-gaff-chase-will-norths-plan-a-come-off
THIS week last year North Melbourne learned its $10 million, nine-year bid for Josh Kelly had fallen short.

North's hopes of securing Kelly had risen the longer he delayed making a call on his future but were eventually dashed on the Monday before Greater Western Sydney's preliminary final clash with eventual premier Richmond. That's when the Giants announced they had re-signed their emerging superstar for two more years.

Less than three weeks earlier, on the eve of the 2017 finals, the Roos had received more bad news when their other big target that year, Tigers superstar Dustin Martin, turned down a seven-year, $10.5 million free agency offer to recommit to Richmond.

GET TO THE GAME All your finals ticketing info

This year, North has received far better news to date.

The first of the Kangaroos' two main targets, Port Adelaide runner Jared Polec, nominated them as his preferred new home last Thursday.

It's also understood out-of-contract Gold Coast midfielder Aaron Hall has committed to move to Arden St in next month's NAB AFL Trade Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will come cheap so will be worth it as a value get who can add much needed pace
I'd suspect that if NM land both Polec and Gaff that they will abandon their pursuit of Hall.
I imagine he is very much a fall-back option if one of the these deals doesn't eventuate, as he should be
Again, NM being very astute IMO

I'd suspect that if NM land both Polec and Gaff that they will abandon their pursuit of Hall.
I imagine he is very much a fall-back option if one of the these deals doesn't eventuate, as he should be
Again, NM being very astute IMO
Maybe, but I would argue that north want him in the half forward role with a clear impetus on working hard defensively, as half forward and small forwards are an area of concern.

Back