Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
By definition the kangaroos are under pressure.
You cant keep openly trying to sign players and missing out and have no pressure.

By who's definition. We r cellar dwellers and with our 2018 we bought ourselves extra couple of years. Police is in the bag

I can't think of any traded player from another club that we have accessed, that hasn't played their best footy at North
The Jonathan Hay amnesia project has been successfully implemented.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just one man's thoughts:

I'm really happy North will get Aaron Hall. Reason being: we have good recent history of taking players from either the scrapheap or at the back end of their careers and getting them back to playing good footy. Some quite astute pickups for not very much. Some examples:

Waite: took an extremely cautious approach with him and got the best out of him when he did play - was a key figure in getting us to two prelim finals when we (honestly) were not as good as that both years.
Hartung: I feel sorry for him, but the games he did play for us were a real step up from what he produced at the Hawks. Was really hoping he'd stick around.
Anderson: now I admit I had my doubts about him early on as to whether we could help him get his body right for AFL, but credit where credit's due - he has been outstanding this year on the back of a great pre-season.
Williams: another one I was skeptical on. Couldn't hit the side of a barn at the Pies, but can now hit it at least 5 times out of 10. He plays his role - usually quite well - and for pick 100 odd, cannot complain.
Higgins: you've all seen it

Now before all the haters come and tear this down - just remember this is a post about my own faith in my team's coaches and staff from what I've seen over the last 5 (or so) years. All the picks above I questioned from the outset, but have been proven wrong each time, which has been extremely pleasing as a supporter :)

I like Hall as a pick because of the relative low risk for potential high reward. We all know his defensive deficiencies and that he's struggled to play out a full season, but I'm willing to back my club's coaches and staff to improve those deficiencies and get his body right. I actually like it more than the Polec move.

Just my 2c :)

Footywizard

All Australian
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd certainly be happy to get hall. At his best he's awesome. Just need to get his body right.
The knock on Hartung was his defensive side but when he played we drilled that into him. His chasing and tackling was pretty good. (surprised he was delisted)
I'd be confident we'd get hall up to speed defensively as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 19, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
BUYER BEWARE
Eight years in the system three different coaches no change in his attitude.
Some brilliant positives lots of negatives.
Consider Hall a clone of Jack Watts and Steve Motlop lots of talent but produce on too few occasions.
PA bought these two hoping to change their attitude hasn't happened.
Change of clubs may help but not many players at 28 can change bad habits.
Will come cheap possible 3rd rounder (or Future) .
Maybe brad Scott can work a miracle !

BUYER BEWARE
Consider Hall a clone of Jack Watts and Steve Motlop lots of talent but produce on too few occasions.
We fixed Higgins, so we have a chance.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Aaron Hall is a pretty impressive player at his best. When him and Ablett were firing together they were actually bloody good. It all depends on price and whether the club thinks they can achieve something in the years he has left (he'll be 28 next year so not that old).

I'd expect Hall will perform better with some good ball winners around him eg at North Cunnington and Higgins would make things a lot easier for him than at Gold Coast.

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
BUYER BEWARE
produces on too few occasions? He averaged 28 touches for an entire season.

Back