Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns not offering him a new contract.
Tried to trade him last year but he is on far too many $$$ this contract and put clubs off (Saints were considering last year).

He'll end up wherever he wants to go then.

From a North perspective I think Goldie would be worth more on the trade table this year to a club in the window such as West Coast or Geelong than Preuss but the future upside of Preuss is very promising.

If North can obtain a first round pick for Goldstein (we'd have to offer up more than Goldie) that could satisfy both clubs very nicely.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
I doubt any club is going to want to part with there 1st rounder with Goldy who will be 31 next year.

I think at best you would hope to couple him with your 3rd rounder and try get someones second round pick.

I think Brian Lake to Hawthorn could be another realistic expectation on what to expect, but at the time Hawthorn were considered to have paid overs for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll need to wait until 2020 then.
I in the camp that doubts we can get dusty, kelly and degoey end of 2019

Call me pessimistic. But i dont see it happening

Suns not offering him a new contract.
Tried to trade him last year but he is on far too many $$$ this contract and put clubs off (Saints were considering last year).

He really is a roller coaster ride type of player, his flashy stuff is fantastic but that only appears every few games.

Other games he will frustrate the crap out of his teammates, coaches & be the #1 whipping boy with supporters.

He should perform more consistently in a high scoring top 4 team but his teammates will still have to be willing to cover his deficiencies.
Sounds perfect for North.... we could do with another whipping boy ...

We could get the draft picks
We have an issue with list spots at the moment.
I don't know exactly how things work with future picks but potentially we would trade him for an upgrade in next years draft.

- just an example - Aaron Hall and GC 2019 3rd rounder for St Kilda 2019 2nd rounder

Ablett has one more year and Smith will be delisted at year end, I would say it won’t count for much.

Smith is contracted so no. But I doubt Hall will come to Geelong.

Back