Huh? Short back 'n sides here...

A haircut you can set your watch to.

Last edited:

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
How weird would it be going from a club like North to Carlton. Should be night and day for him and he will need to grab the opportunity.

Happy we got him and hope he excels.
Unfortunately it's not the 80's anymore. The tide has turned since then. Hopefully Mullett can help rectify that.

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
How weird would it be going from a club like North to Carlton. Should be night and day for him and he will need to grab the opportunity.

Night and Day because we are super successful and they have never played finals?
Since he was at North this is the record.

2012 North played finals, we finished 10th
2013 North finshed 10th we finished 9th
2014 North played finals we finished 13th
2015 North played finals we won the spoon
2016 North played finals we finished 14th

Yeah, I think he must be in awe

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
He had a pretty reasonable 2017. Better than some of our players. Good pickup. A real money ball selection

mullet.png

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Night and Day because we are super successful and they have never played finals?
Since he was at North this is the record.

2012 North played finals, we finished 10th
2013 North finshed 10th we finished 9th
2014 North played finals we finished 13th
2015 North played finals we won the spoon
2016 North played finals we finished 14th

Yeah, I think he must be in awe

I feel as though you have missed the point completely.

Going from North who average crowds in the 20,000 vs Carlton who average crowds close to 40,000 is a big difference. Considering we almost double their average attendance as a 'crap' side.

Walking out to the Carlton V Richmond crowd vs what Mullett would be use to assuming he plays round one would 100% have him in awe :)

So there was some suggestion we were looking at Cam O'Shea, this would put an end to that speculation I'd think.

.........and Stavrou.

Can't see why on earth we'd be looking at O'Shea even as a rookie.
Didn't see the last few NB games and unless his disposal magically improved markedly, you wouldn't want the ball in his hands exiting the back-line.
Turned it over a lot more than White ever did.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
.........and Stavrou.

Didn't see the last few NB games and unless his disposal magically improved markedly, you wouldn't want the ball in his hands exiting the back-line.

Yep. I think we were both commenting in a match day thread where he gave the ball back 50% of the time and all the commentary on the telly was saying how great he was. I think he got votes !!

I think O'Shea a pretty limited player. Can read the play and all that but nothing you couldn't turn 20 WAFL or SANFL players into.

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
I feel as though you have missed the point completely.

Going from North who average crowds in the 20,000 vs Carlton who average crowds close to 40,000 is a big difference. Considering we almost double their average attendance as a 'crap' side.

Walking out to the Carlton V Richmond crowd vs what Mullett would be use to assuming he plays round one would 100% have him in awe :)
No offence BigM , but you were a little obtuse . Now that you have sharpened the point you were trying to make -I agree!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
Fish puns are bad, but a major improvement over the dick puns you lot were running with a couple of years ago.

nek minnit, "Pick 10... Aiden Bonar"

.........and Stavrou.

Bolts and SOS seem to be trying to strengthen the VFL side - a rookie spot is a small price to pay if it's an effective carrot to lure the best state league players.

Bolts and SOS seem to be trying to strengthen the VFL side - a rookie spot is a small price to pay if it's an effective carrot to lure the best state league players.

Reward for effort, attitude, form etc? Maybe.
Maybe that is a way of luring players to the NB's, where they'd know that good form under the nose of the coaches will give them a better chance of an AFL recall. Could work.

Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton

It'd be like going from the fishbowl on Grandma's bench to the Melbourne Aquarium

Well I hope that MR Mullett isn't soft when it comes to tackling as per some commentary - because the last thing Carlton needs is a bloke coming into defensive 6 or on a wing who cant tackle - I'll be watching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back