Strategy Aaron Naughton - Key Defender or Key Forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cadillac

Premium Gold
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
USC Trojans
He’s a star. Played probably one of his worst games of the year against one of the games best defenders and he still had the chance to kick 5.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well that's my sort of bet. You're on!

Fine print:
You can be proved wrong if some 19yo does it again some time in the future but I can never be proved wrong - at least not until the end of time.
I'll also bet no team will ever concede 20+ goals in a row at marvel again. We've seen some rare things this year.

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s a star. Played probably one of his worst games of the year against one of the games best defenders and he still had the chance to kick 5.
This!
He is never beaten, always grinding away, waiting for an opportunity to pluck a mark.
And as we know he doesn't need much of an opportunity to take it.
He is a star.

Dogsbestfriend

Senior List
Mar 2, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And how brilliant is Bevo to recognise that a young draftee that has always been a quality defender could actually impact this much as a forward.

giblj

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm willing to bet that a 19 yo has never done that before and never will again.
The only other teenagers to have 50+ contested marks in a season were Lance Whitnall and Nick Riewoldt and neither of those lead the league in those seasons so I'm pretty sure you're right there.

[Edit] I believe the current youngest player to lead the league in contested marks is Tom Lynch (Gold Coast/Richmond version) who did it at 22 in 2015.

Last edited:

Optimistic Dog

All Australian
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Coming along nicely but his goal kicking is a real worry. Hope he can improve it

Nearly always misses to the left. So should be able to work on it looks like a ball drop problem to me. I know when I had the problem many years ago I used to practice kicking with tennis ball the idea being to make flush contact with a smaller object to improve concentration. It worked for me. A bit like "The Don" hitting a ball against a wall with one stump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom