Player Watch Aaron Naughton - Something Special

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like he's been pretty banged up all year. Heavily strapped in most games
Very true, sure has been. Hobbling around time and time again because he's having to fly to either take the mark, or bring the ball to ground.

Still a champ.

Dogs have been up and down this year and that's contributed to how well he's been allowed to play.

All these young key forwards there is a lot of impatience for them to be out and out superstars straight away. Naughton while he's fairly well established still hasn't come close to his peak as a player yet.

We only targeted him once against the Cats as well which I found interesting. Definitely struggled with a knee injury and even more so since he had covid but he’s not alone there.

I haven't watched heaps of footy recently, but was surprised to read this little snippet from an article reviewing the games from the weekend:

"Josh Bruce has found the return from a knee reconstruction challenging while Aaron Naughton is a level below the best forwards, although he could be an All-Australian defender."

Last time I was paying genuine attention to the footy, Naughton was influential.

What have I missed?
Influential. One thing Max King never has been. A barometer of a footballer even when he isn’t hitting the score board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back