Player Watch Aaron Naughton - Something Special

May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Last time old mate created a player thread on the main board.

Welcome to Essendon Aaron!
That is gold 😂

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Found a photo of him off field
IMG-20200828-WA0001.jpg

bigboysdontcry

All Australian
Apr 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

You got me there. Was trying to hide from that post. In 2015 was unbelievable Jake. Just didn’t have the right mental state to get the best out of himself.

I apologise to the general public for the post and even thinking that Jake was more important than Bontempelli for the future. I haven’t gotten over that just yet.

I’ve been calculated in any further post since and can tell you I’m a lot more in awe of Naughton and more confident in his competitive nature and training standards.

Melbourne supporters are insufferable. Hogan was and is always a lead up forward with little to no contested marking ability of Naughton.
First year 3rd in contested marks per game in the league

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne supporters are insufferable. Hogan was and is always a lead up forward with little to no contested marking ability of Naughton.
Marks inside 50 when both were 21… Hogan averaged 3 per game to Naughton’s 1.6. 7.1 to 3.5 average marks per game as well.. shhhhh petal.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

I’d just make a new account at that stage. What a thread lmao.

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Marks inside 50 when both were 21… Hogan averaged 3 per game to Naughton’s 1.6. 7.1 to 3.5 average marks per game as well.. shhhhh petal.

If I've read this correctly, your comparing stats from the 2020 season where games were reduced by 20%? Notwithstanding, the game has changed significantly in the last 5 years and KPF have different team demands on them.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why do all these new gen forwards cant kick straight? Back in the day every forward was a dead eye cos it was their job…

At the end of each training session Dunstall would have shots from around the 50m arc and wouldnt stop until he kicked 20 in a row.

I wonder how many players these days train in their own time.

At the end of each training session Dunstall would have shots from around the 50m arc and wouldnt stop until he kicked 20 in a row.

I wonder how many players these days train in their own time.

Remember when players used to religiously take shots for goal in the pre match warm ups at every game?

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

😂 This is the dumbest s**t. For a start Hogan turned 21 in February of that year so played the whole year as a 21 year old, Naughty turned 21 in November so played the whole year as a 20 year old. Reduced quarters last year plus there was 3 games Naughty went off injured early in in a really interrupted season for him which kills the averages.

You want to compare them at 21 then you use this season for Naughty where he has him covered in every category

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I rate him very highly, he's a gun. There is a stack of young quality KPF talent coming through at the moment.

Probably does need to work on his kicking though, the set shot against us a couple of months ago at a critical point in the game was one of the worst kicks I've seen.

CarltonBlooz

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Jamarra is certainly a more gifted forward, in terms of nous and goal kicking ability, but Naughton’s hands are stickier from what I’ve seen. Also has this sort of desperation when the ball is contested that I’ve never seen before. Attacks the ball in the air and on the ground with such speed and determination, even when he looks like he isn’t gonna get there, he makes sure it’s a contest.

Remains to be seen what Jamarra will do at this level. If he follows a similar trajectory as Naughton then the Dogs forward line will be ridiculous for the next 10 years (adding in English as well)

Do you think we'll see him this year or depends how you guys go with injuries? Looks to be a very good player.

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do you think we'll see him this year or depends how you guys go with injuries? Looks to be a very good player.

Doesn’t have the fitness base yet, last years compromised TAC season plus the current Covid issues aren’t helping his cause. Bevo seems to erring on the hold off until absolutely ready. While Bruce and Naughton are doing so well, hard to argue.

Hogan’s 1st season

C86593BC-0C0B-4703-9165-A7D161F5411F.jpeg

Back