Draft Profile Aaron Naughton

Remove this Banner Ad

We already had enormous cap space, so it's likely just coming out of that. Wouldn't surprise me if he's on that money, worth every cent
My theory is that key position players who play well as teenagers will generally have stellar careers. Assuming no character or chronic body issues, and there isn't any indication of any. The club should be in a positionto know anyway.

He will have flat spots and some poor form along the way though. I would question the value of a short term extn on big money when his rookie contract expires. Anything long term that increases the chances of keeping him for decade or more is a different story, and makes sense to me.

Heard the contract averages to $700k per year. Might be steep now but by 2024 could be a bargain
Does that take into account he has to be paid minimum salary this year as it's his second year?

He's fast becoming our second most important player behind the Bont.

So, this guy has turned out alright. This is going to sound like a pisstake but I am actually being serious: My friend's mum owns a shop and Aaron Naughton's grandma came in and claimed his newest contract is worth $4 million. For the sake of this post let's assume she decided to round that up from something like $3.2 million per year. That would still be $800k per year. If they're paying him that much, surely someone commanding a big salary is leaving the Dogs this year.

Any thoughts on this? I was thinking Tom Boyd may retire.

I feel so proud of this prediction.

Besides the dirty Ross Lyon tactics used on this kid, he is a gun

Sign him up on the big bucks Doggies, he has the signs of becoming a long term star

He's a ******* star, not sure why people are in denial about it. Some players just look like natural footballers. He's already played brilliant footy up forward and down back, and he's only played about 30 games. There's a lot of David Neitz about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back